• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
And your church is built on nothing but sand stuck together.

Everything is permitted, it's just that each action has consequences.
Haha, like murder has the probable consequence of prison, right? This is the exact cowardice that you were accusing us of...

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
There was some serious dumb in this thread over the last few hours!

'Toenails', why dont you get off your fairy arse and research Christian theology yourself. I'm not going to keep explaining to you the bare necessities of the Christian faith if youre too lazy to make even the most preliminary findings on your own. Your feeble attempts to peirce the flesh of the faith -without understanding an ounce of it- are the most idiotic and ignorant that this poster has seen in some time.
No reply necessary.
Oh but I must reply. I know enough of christianity thanks very much. I have spoken to a rather pleasnt, catholic (or christian?) woman 2 weeks ago at castle hill and asked her about her opinons on homosexuals, especially on homosexual marriage. She replied, "while christianity (or whatever) does not condemn people who identify themselves as homosexuals, then do condemn those who slept with other people while not married to them." which doesn't leave homosexuals with much choice now.

Now iron, you conservative, narrowminded sack of meat, I beg of you, one last time, to be as open as your christian mind would allow. As humans, we all desire love, comfort, etc. For homosexuals, their means to achieve this is through people of the same sex. I also understand that this type of relationship would not produce a child and so, you think would lead to the demise of society. Homosexuals have been around for a long time, and the population still thrives. And if god chose to curse 10% of the population with this "anomaly" and expect them to resist their feelings and desires, why not do that to the other 90%?

And instead of ignoring my posts and insulting me, why don't you grow a pair, and reply each of my posts.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
As humans, we all desire love, comfort, etc. For homosexuals, their means to achieve this is through people of the same sex..
Lol all things considered, my replies to you (pygmy) have been too generous.

Who are you to say how certain people "achieve" love 'etc'? No love is possible outside of God. The homosexual only needs to realise that sex is not an essential part of the human experience. If you do not love God first, then love of man and mankind is an impossible, futile attempt.

dolbinau

HSC

Who are you to say how certain people "achieve" love 'etc'? No love is possible outside of God. The homosexual only needs to realise that sex is not an essential part of the human experience. If you do not love God first, then love of man and mankind is impossible
So atheists are incapable of loving another person :S?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I believe so yes. They do not love others as they love themselves. Why would they? As far as theyre concerned, existence is entirely about them

0bs3n3

HSC
And if god chose to curse 10% of the population with this "anomaly" and expect them to resist their feelings and desires, why not do that to the other 90%?
Serious? Didn't Iron go through this rather exhaustively before? Original sin and all that?

See this is why you DON'T know your Christian theology.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

Who are you to say how certain people "achieve" love 'etc'? No love is possible outside of God. The homosexual only needs to realise that sex is not an essential part of the human experience. If you do not love God first, then love of man and mankind is impossible
Who are you to deny us matrimonial rights? If 2 people love each other, so be it! Why is it so hard for you to understand that homosexuals desire marriage to:
-celebrate their relationship
-solidfy their commitment
-to declare their love for one another to the world

If god is so against homosexuals getting married, then let us get married, and we'll await his judgement. If sex is not neccessary, then god should have disabled all feelings one receive when engaging in sexual acts with those of the same sex.

And, if you're so bent on deny us rights because the christian god demands it, then shouldn't that only apply to christians?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Serious? Didn't Iron go through this rather exhaustively before? Original sin and all that?

See this is why you DON'T know your Christian theology.
Why should a minority be punished for a sin caused my adam and eve? Why can't they be punished for their own sins? And didn't jesus already "atoned" for any orginal guilt? Why should the sins of the parents be on the heads of the children?

0bs3n3

HSC
Why should a minority be punished for a sin caused my adam and eve? Why can't they be punished for their own sins? And didn't jesus already "atoned" for any orginal guilt? Why should the sins of the parents be on the heads of the children?
Yeah, you've been atoned for but that doesn't mean you go on sinning endlessly.

Name_Taken

HSC
Have a read of this. This page is a fairly comprehensive summary as to the Christian arguements agaisnt gay marriage. I have summaried the main points below as a TL;DR version.

Same-sex Marriage, Gay, Homosexual, and Lesbian Unions

1. Effects on Moral and Religious Standards:
- The Bible (as well as many other religious texts) condemn homosexuality, and by extention, renounce gay marriage.
- By accepting gay marriage, it presents homosexuality as good and wholesome.

2. Effects on Traditional Marriage:
- Firstly the Bible (as well as other religious texts) authorise marriage as a relationship strictly between a heterosexual couple.
- Accepting gay marriage would be promoting a perverted relationship to the dignified status currently held by honourable marriage, thus tarnishing the wholesomeness of traditional marriage.

3. Effects on Children:
- Part of traditional marriage involves the companship of a mother and father caring for their children. Gay couples are unable to concieve children.
- Homosexual marriages deprive children of the right to being raised by mother and father.

4. Effects on Religious Organisations:
- The Church is responsible to preach the truth by God and oppose moral evils.
- Legislation and encouraging of gay marriage will pressure religious organisations to accept homosexuality.

5. Effects on Government and Education:
- The church and government have separate roles, but both church and government share a common duty to promote good morals and discourage evil conduct.
- Legislating gay marriage would put the government in the position of justifying evil.
Reserected from 19 pages ago.... Sigh.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I believe so yes. They do not love others as they love themselves. Why would they? As far as theyre concerned, existence is entirely about them
Why do you believe that atheists are individuals who think existence is entirely about them? What would give you that impression, and why would come to such a generalised conclusion?

Atheists are just as capable as loving others and being compassionate as anyone else - regardless of religious affiliation.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm literally amazed that there are people as stupid as "toenails" who dont know anything about Christianity and mask their natural curiousity with a series of painfully idiotic, hostile questions...

Dude, what was your uai?

Name_Taken

HSC
so doesn't that quash the original sin bit?
What it means is if you accept Christ and recognise you have sinned, and ask for Gods forgiveness, it will be granted.

It does not give you an endless "get out of jail free" card which permits you to do what you want to do. The idea is that you never intended to sin out of your love for God, but despite your best attempts to avoid temptation, you were led away from God, and subsequently ask for his forgiveness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)