Homosexuality in Australia (5 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why do you believe that atheists are individuals who think existence is entirely about them? What would give you that impression, and why would come to such a generalised conclusion?

Atheists are just as capable as loving others and being compassionate as anyone else - regardless of religious affiliation.
Because you loudly deny the existence of anything beyond you - esp a benevolent creator? It's only logical to assume that all your life-goals are entirely selfish. Your love given is only contingent on love received. Team freedomwoo do what you want, be free, dont be oppressed by aannny rule i am ungovernable yeerr-
Unless
youre not really an atheist at all

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I'm literally amazed that there are people as stupid as "toenails" who dont know anything about Christianity and mask their natural curiousity with a series of painfully idiotic, hostile questions...

Dude, what was your uai?
There you go again. Insults. That's all you're good for.

It's atar now by the way. I got 90.65

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hahaha, na srs youre dumb as all shit. Surely this is apparent to you?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
What it means is if you accept Christ and recognise you have sinned, and ask for Gods forgiveness, it will be granted.

It does not give you an endless "get out of jail free" card which permits you to do what you want to do. The idea is that you never intended to sin out of your love for God, but despite your best attempts to avoid temptation, you were led away from God, and subsequently ask for his forgiveness.
What if people want to accept christ, but they simply cannot out of pure disbelief? And i STILL DONT UNDERSTAND how is loving someone a SIN?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Hahaha, na srs youre dumb as all shit. Surely this is apparent to you?
No it isnt. I'm perfectly happy with my result. And yet again, you failed to refute my post and continue to insult me.

Edit: Actually, do you know of any homosexuals who have actually submitted to the christian life that you have prescribed?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think ill leave you to stew in your own retard juices, guy. Someone else challenge Iron

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Because you loudly deny the existence of anything beyond you - esp a benevolent creator? It's only logical to assume that all your life-goals are entirely selfish. Your love given is only contingent on love received. Team freedomwoo do what you want, be free, dont be oppressed by aannny rule i am ungovernable yeerr-
Unless
youre not really an atheist at all
Lacking belief in a particular deity that is characterised in an unverified book hardly means I deny the existence of anything beyond myself. And judging from Bible, it's clear that the Abrahamic God is much closer to being malevolent, rather than benevolent.

No. It's not logical to assume my life goals are selfish. That's like saying because I lack belief in Vishnu, or unicorns, or ghosts, that my life goals are selfish. That doesn't make sense. How does a lack of belief in your particular deity equate to selfishness?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lacking belief in a particular deity that is characterised in an unverified book hardly means I deny the existence of anything beyond myself. And judging from Bible, it's clear that the Abrahamic God is much closer to being malevolent, rather than benevolent.

No. It's not logical to assume my life goals are selfish. That's like saying because I lack belief in Vishnu, or unicorns, or ghosts, that my life goals are selfish. That doesn't make sense. How does a lack of belief in your particular deity equate to selfishness?
Lol what do you believe in beyond yourself? What is something greater than you/Worth dying for? Why is it worth giving your life to? gogogo

dolbinau

HSC
No. It's not logical to assume my life goals are selfish. That's like saying because I lack belief in Vishnu, or unicorns, or ghosts, that my life goals are selfish. That doesn't make sense. How does lack of belief in your particular deity equate to selfishness?
I agree, it doesn't necessarily follow.

What if there were a Mother Teresa-like person who dedicated her life to helping others, but didn't believe in God? I don't understand how they could be considered selfish.

I don't agree/understand how not believing in God means a person's love is contingent on another person loving them back either. It just doesn't follow :S..

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

What if there were a Mother Teresa-like person who dedicated her life to helping others, but didn't believe in God? I don't understand how they could be considered selfish.

I don't agree/understand how not believing in God means a person's love is contingent on another person loving them back either. It just doesn't follow :S..
Well obviously i'm not saying that the athiest is incapable of doing good acts. They are just doing them in an unconscious glorification of their creator, making them less than athiest. They just havent followed their own logic perfectly thru and this is good! Signs of Hope in the desert! Angels rejoice! Blessed redemption is near to them

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

Mother Teresa was incredibly selfish

She was more interested in proselytizingthan saving any lives

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
What i dont get is why people are following the ideas printed in a book 2000+ years ago where gay orgies were the norm, slave labour was the main stream industry and courtesans were everywhere?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
You think that while theists do good acts they have God in their hearts and minds?

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Lol what do you believe in beyond yourself? What is something greater than you/Worth dying for? Why is it worth giving your life to? gogogo
I believe in many things beyond myself, I just lack belief in one less diety than you do. You're atheist-esque towards all other deities and gods of other religions, even if you aren't aware of it. We both lack belief in Zeus, etc.

Why is it necessary to believe in some supernatural power(s) in order to possess altruistic life goals?

Many things are worth dying for. My family, my friends, the rights and freedom of others.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I believe in many things beyond myself, I just lack belief in one less diety than you do. You're atheist-esque towards all other deities and gods of other religions, even if you aren't aware of it. We both lack belief in Zeus, etc.

Why is it necessary to believe in some supernatural power(s) in order to possess altruistic life goals?

Many things are worth dying for. My family, my friends, the rights and freedom of others.
Yes, but in a universe without god, why do you consider it worthy to lay down all you have and supposedly ever will have for the equally irrelevant and futile life of another (let alone something like their private property)? Surely this is just some ancient lingering faith from the bones of your ancestors still ringing in your ears at an imperceptible pitch.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, but in a universe without god, why do you consider it worthy to lay down all you have and supposedly ever will have for the equally irrelevant and futile life of another (let alone something like their private property)? Surely this is just some ancient lingering faith from the bones of your ancestors still ringing in your ears at an imperceptible pitch.
Hey Ironrod, why don't you just explicitly lay it all out on the table. In layman's terms, what do you dislike about homosexuality and its' people (or those involved)... no reasoning... just what you don't like about it.

:)

dolbinau

HSC
Well obviously i'm not saying that the athiest is incapable of doing good acts. They are just doing them in an unconscious glorification of their creator, making them less than athiest. They just havent followed their own logic perfectly thru and this is good! Signs of Hope in the desert! Angels rejoice! Blessed redemption is near to them
The 'unconscious glorification of their creator' could be explained as some kind of altruism, which is adaptive in evolutionary terms? (e.g. people are more likely to act altruistically towards people who are genetically closer - these findings are used by evolutionary scientists to claim it is an adaptive behaviour to keep genes in the gene pool, or genes in the pool at all for the survival of the species, in the case of altruistic acts towards the least related members). This explains the behaviour without a God (but of course assumes we did evolve by natural selection).

Btw Iron, it must really frustrate you that basically all of society has been manipulated/brainwashed into believing scientific concepts that some Christians believe are false, and that most of society practice anti-christian behaviour (at least in terms of sexual practices and worshipping), ay?. I'm just saying that, since I know you hold your beliefs so strongly, I can empathise how strange/annoying it must be for you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)