How many pages (1 Viewer)

Cal007

HSC
4.5,4.5,3 - is this the first time the HSC has used full A4 size writing books?

carina.c

HSC
15, 9, 16 so 40 but writing went from smallish to large by the end i dont think my hand will ever be the same

shaon0

HSC
I wrote 5,6,7 i think. didn't really count but had smallish writing about 8-9 words per line and thought i addressed the questions well.

Assia.

HSC
7.5, 7.5, 13.5. dont feel too great though, i think some parts didnt focus on the question much

jackricho92

HSC
6, 5, 5
haha stressing hearing everyone writing like 10 pages for each, then read that someones smallish writing was 8 words a line.
and mine was 12-14 words a line :D

Last edited:

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
cmon
all those people who wrote 6 pages
do you really think you're going to get a decent mark with that little info?
wake up
there are people out there writing 12.
bs. i wrote i think it was 6 pages in trials (and that was like 850-900 words) and i got in the A range. i was iffy about my mark so i got my tutor (who had marked for bos) and he said it was in A range. there was once a kid who wrote 4 pages and got into the A range quality over quantity! (y)

kristiejade

HSC
1 booklet and 4 pages for mod a, 1 booklet and 3 pages for mod b, and 1 booklet and half a page for mod c. don't know how many pages per booklet though

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
so hapy now afterreading the posts. i was so depressed when i left the exam, hoping i could have written alot more than i did, because all my practise essays were longer but i did 10p - Mod.A, 7.5p - Mod.B and just on 7 pages for Mod.C, module c suffered as i only had 30mins left, went over by 5mins for the first two

jotdan

HSC
It doesn't really matter how many pages you've written, or how many words - it's the quality of your essay. On average in the Standards Packages for English Advanced all the exemplar (full marks 20/20) responses are between 7 - 10 pages long, with between 5 - 7 words per line. It's quite possible to get band 6 with any number of pages, as long as your essay is well written and addresses the question.
With the time gained from writing a shorter essay you can plan better , word your essays well and cut out description replacing it with terminology I don't think i wrote great essays but i dumped quotes in there like crazy XD 15 quotes per essay roughly I know it doesnt compensate for a great analogy but makes me feel better abt it

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
As my teacher says (who's one of the head markers @ the Newcastle English centre) it's the quality of responses not quantity.

0hNivlek

HSC
With the time gained from writing a shorter essay you can plan better , word your essays well and cut out description replacing it with terminology I don't think i wrote great essays but i dumped quotes in there like crazy XD 15 quotes per essay roughly I know it doesnt compensate for a great analogy but makes me feel better abt it
Hey hey !

Anyways i wrote 8 8 8 :S. I died in Module C i wasted time on Module A and B cause i had stiff hands LOL.

melissa91

HSC
LOL everyone did so many pages, that's insane. I did 6, 5 and 3. So 14 in total. I feel sorry for the HSC markers that mark the exams, with every page being 24 to 31 pages.

BeRad

HSC
haha whatever makes you sleep at night- if you dont want to do your best to get 99.95, thats fine with me. at least i know im guaranteed a 99.95 unlike you just dont forget about your noobyness when you finish uni with a shit course and end up working for me cheers retard oh btw sydney boys? haha what a loser didnt you get a high enough selective mark?
Just because not everyone is aiming for a 99.95 doesn't mean they aren't doing their best. And you haven't even listed what school you go to, so you're probably doing your hsc and tafe so it's taken you like five years to reach the same ability as those that are managing to do all their courses in the same year.

evone265

HSC
haha whatever makes you sleep at night- if you dont want to do your best to get 99.95, thats fine with me. at least i know im guaranteed a 99.95 unlike you just dont forget about your noobyness when you finish uni with a shit course and end up working for me cheers retard oh btw sydney boys? haha what a loser didnt you get a high enough selective mark?
Don't mind the troll..... Managed about 1k-1.2k words based on MS word spellcheck, probably translates to about 5-6 pages in average handwriting. I think my handwriting ranks as the worst the state has seen.

Last edited:

arks

HSC
HEY GUYS I WROTE 15,12,17 <----THESE NUMBERS ILLUSTRATE I AM BETTER THAN YOUSE

THIS RANK WILL ENSURE PEOPLE DONT REALISE THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT: 2/90
I DID THE HSC 2 YEARS AGO AS WELL...IMPRESSED?: 1/46 (2007)
ATAR AIM: 99.00
DID YOU NOTICE HOW MY AIM IS LESS THAN MY ESTIMATE? THIS SHOWS MY MODESTY AND THAT IM AN OVERACHIEVER: 99.95

I'm pumping up my self esteem. Got a problem? i am tough (only on the internet though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)