How to make yourself get a nightmare? (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
If you want nightmares you pretty much have to live like them in reality. Generally, people who have experienced something very traumatic like being tortured or raped have more frequent nightmares.
Don't encourage him to experience that, please.

I hate, hate, HATE having so many nightmares. When we moved out our last house we found out I used to wake up our neighbour screaming all the time, he used to think someone was being attacked. He thinks I should see a doctor, haha

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I also scream in my sleep apparently, and don't wake up, a lot. :s (well, so I've been told)

And sleep walk and talk.

Stupid, stupid sleep.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i had a nightmare once, i was in a building and there was a glass wall and behind it was some barren canyon, it was night time (of course), and there was a baby on the windy barren ground. A man came along and started writing on his notepad, he was wearing a white lab coat, so mustve been a scientist.
I asked him who is that baby, and he says "It's Jesus."

I look back at the baby, and it starts crying, just one long wail that got louder and louder, and as it got louder, the baby started turning darker and darker until it went completely black, and there was this really funky smell, and i woke up, i literally sat up immediately.

That was insane!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
terror was had, but no impending death.

just had one of those stomach churning feeling of absolute terror.

one of those 'u had to experience it' moments

muscleman09

HSC
dude, dont get into nightmares...

get into elusive dreaming or whatever. I do it. You pretty much program your mind everyday, before u sleep and whn u wake up, to say to your self in your dream, "when i see this object( ur hand, a tattoo, anything) i will know im dreaming

took me 3 weeks to do this... u actually are awake, and your imagination runs wild, i tried getting into bed with swedish chicks, but whn u get excited in a dream u wake up... so there goes my fun.

dp624

HSC
i don't have many nightmares, i'd sort of like to have one once in a while to show me how vulnerable and whatever i am xD

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I very rarely remember my dreams/nightmares...my nightmares are usually triggered bysomething negative that's happened to me on that day or around that time. They're always fucking scary though, I always wake up sweating, breathless, shaking and screaming.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I'd really love to have a nightmare, one of those one where ur paralyzed with fear, where you're completely overwhelmed with fear and ur heart beat triples.

Havnt had one in ages.

Any idea how to force yourself to get one?

Any scary movies should be seen before going to bed?
(keep in mind that i enjoy action/horror/gore movies)
be me. i have one almost every night.

eugh nightmares are horrible. no idea why you'd want them!

i second the 'i have to be wrapped up in blankets before i can go to sleep'. or fiftieth.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I had a nightmare the other day, but this was one of those 'do not want' moments.

In that nightmare, a friend of mine committed suicide by jumping onto train tracks in front of a freight train.
Normally when something scary's about to happen, or im about to die, i realise that its just a dream, and it doesnt happen. I was expecting this, i remember thinking, in my dream, "this is just a dream, this cant be happening", but he jumped nevertheless, and the imagery was really graphic, its still vivid in my memory.
The train pushed him along for about a metre, then a leg went under the front wheel and got cut off, there was blood, he got pushed along another metre or so, then his torso went under the train and he got split in half, so much blood, i sorta looked for a few seconds, then i turned away in shock, and i saw others on the station looking in horror, then i thought "oh shit, this cant be happening", i turned back, and his body was still there in 3 parts with lots of blood everwhere, i took out my mobile fone to call an ambulance, and then i woke up.

I felt soo bad i msg'ed a friend to ask if they've talked to him lately, to ask him how he's been.
I talked to him on msn a few times that day, he's still alive, phew!

I had another dream once where another friend fell off a building, wasnt that high, but she fell square on her back, and i couldnt catch her, wasnt fast enough, so i carried her around looking for a hospital and couldnt find any, and i felt really sad when i woke up.

Those kinda dreams are not nice.

Last edited:

muscleman09

HSC
the worst thing is when your in deep sleep, and then you suddenly wake up feeling like your falling in your bed. I freak out!:eek:

boris

Banned
HSC
Some guy already said it, but

Electric Blanket. turned up high.

You will have the most spastic scary dreams ever.

Deadly serious. There have been studies done about it and why it happens and shit.

I guarantee that you will have nightmares if you turn up your electric blanket

boris

Banned
HSC
ok no that will not give you nightmares.

No more stupid wives tales shit.

Overheating does it. Science said so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)