How was your school day? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Today was my second day back at school (after being absent for nearly a week. Is this fever sickness spreading around to your schools too, or is it just around mine?) It was a pretty drowzy morning, but then I got drugged up, so naturally I perked up.

Ancient - fun. It always is.
English Advanced - dull. We had a sub who treated us like we were five years old. See, our grade is pretty set in our ways - when a teacher treats us with respect, we show them the same courtesy. But when we have teachers who belittle us or irritate us in any other way, we can be extremely difficult. (We're a pretty opinionated bunch, and it appears that there are some teachers out there who would rather students just shut up and write everything down without questioning it. Which isn't us. We discuss everything, but that's the way our regular teacher likes it.) We'd debate some of our sub's points - because they were wrong, basically - and rather than have a civilised discussion with us, she got all antsy. So we got more aggressive. it was a nasty chain reaction.
Business - watched a video about the ugg trademark. It was interesting stuff, but seemed more relevant to Legal than Business. Not that I'm complaining.
Legal - spent the whole lesson playing "You Be The Judge" and debating tricky grey areas. 'Twas mad.
Philosophy - debated over how ethical abortion is.

It was a full day, but a good one. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Had three periods today, like usual for every Thursday.

Chemistry/Crossroads- Just did some work on thermal decomposition in Chem. Then we discussed how we individually would cope with circumstances like a death in the family, a divorce, a relationship break-down etc for Crossroads.

MX1- Did little. We were suppose to revise polynomials for our Grading Test next week,but we couldn't be bothered.

English- Analysed our set text more today. Then we looked at the overall structure of an essay.

HSC
N/A
In order,
8:00 am morning Maths: Tired, but easy an absolute push-over.

Chem: Decomposition of CuCO3 (-> CuO + CO2). {Then we added 2 molar H2SO4 to the oxide, so as to get H2 and cuprous carbonate - and wha, wha, whaa?}

Prelim Bio: The first period which I consider an actual work period. HSC Bio has its perks, like being in the know (when the teacher asks something simple).

Recess: Hung out with the non-Mainlanders, then turned to the Mainlanders. Asked whether I was elected as SRC; later, I checked and I am/was not.:( Why? Because, who I am/am not, and what I said here (for sure). (I don't have any groupies, and I'm not at all popular [with the guys].

English: More work.

Phys: Uni physics in Prelim Physics, so what the hell?

----
School is retarded, and by that I mean behind. Home-schooling is what makes America, or any other country that allows such a system, for that matter, good; though, it's often not as cracked up as I'm portraying it to be.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
today was okay.

double english - watching star wars - not bad
double engineering - in this freaken stuffy comp room !
physics - no teacher - bludged some work in
chem - prac - totally no idea whats going on =]

cs01001

HSC
Pretty shitty day.

Got yelled at in Maths for not asking a teacher before leaving my seat to put a coke bottle into the bin. How ridiculous.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
Jachie said:
Today was my second day back at school (after being absent for nearly a week. Is this fever sickness spreading around to your schools too, or is it just around mine?) It was a pretty drowzy morning, but then I got drugged up, so naturally I perked up.

Ancient - fun. It always is.
English Advanced - dull. We had a sub who treated us like we were five years old. See, our grade is pretty set in our ways - when a teacher treats us with respect, we show them the same courtesy. But when we have teachers who belittle us or irritate us in any other way, we can be extremely difficult. (We're a pretty opinionated bunch, and it appears that there are some teachers out there who would rather students just shut up and write everything down without questioning it. Which isn't us. We discuss everything, but that's the way our regular teacher likes it.) We'd debate some of our sub's points - because they were wrong, basically - and rather than have a civilised discussion with us, she got all antsy. So we got more aggressive. it was a nasty chain reaction.
Business - watched a video about the ugg trademark. It was interesting stuff, but seemed more relevant to Legal than Business. Not that I'm complaining.
Legal - spent the whole lesson playing "You Be The Judge" and debating tricky grey areas. 'Twas mad.
Philosophy - debated over how ethical abortion is.

It was a full day, but a good one. :)
I have had this fever thing too? Its just like headache and u feel dead tired? yep i had that for the past 3 days so i got to school today and it was bloody great.
Yeah right i thought not.. lol!
I got into homeroom to find out that yesterday we had, an meeting for our retreat next week and that im been left in a cabin with these "losers" so to speak coz my h/r teacher is a B*tch and wouldn't let my friend put me into her cabin.
But its no big deal its just one night really ! Blah

I have english pretty good, have a 50 minute creative writing task on monday like what they do in the HSC with the first line given out. Then we just read the rest of Asturias and we're nearly finished! Not too bad, except the fact that i just wanted to fall asleep becoz of this sickness!

Maths was next = just normal stuff doing Linear graphing in general my teacher explained what i missed pretty easy stuff!

Legal studies - argh heres where it begins Assignment number 2! blah! And then some activity on referencing and writing bibliographies! Nothing much to do with legal studies!

Double Religion - Substitue teacher for two periods, i find out we have another assignment! Joy its a boring discussion thingo where you have to know your work then you have a discussion in week 10 with 4 - 5 people in a group. yeah boring! Its on nature of religion. refer to the syllabus!

Business Services - boring, typing for 15 mins...then had some stupid drill! Really boring

Then it was finally time to go home! Thank god for that im glad it was over:)

HSC
Hmm, since we're doing period-by-period things now...I might join in.

1st Period - Homeroom - We had a meeting with the year group about camp/retreat week, cleaned up our room, read through a Syd Uni guide, finished English homework.

2nd Period - Biology - We finished our Local Ecosystem booklets and talked about the assessment task. We also started reading our about our new topic.

3rd Period - English - Did some song deconstruction on a U2 song. Then we were in groups and were discussing the meaning of the song. We started discussing the assignment again. I like talking about the assignment...I don't know, it's just something I'm actually looking forward to doing.

4th Period - English Extension - Had a substitute and read "The Hours" all lesson. We're meant to do a chapter summary in our books and draw a Venn diagram for the main characters.

5th Period - Studies Of Religion - Had a substitute. We answered some questions on the Dreaming and then did a find-a-word that my teacher made which was incredibly tiny with a lot of letters. I gave the teacher a weird smile. *shudders* I don't know. Odd moment...lmao.

6th Period - Modern History - Substitute AGAIN! Lol. Yeah, a lot of my teachers were on excursion today. We had to do a practice source analysis in pairs. I ended up rearranging my pencil case, talking to my partner all lesson and doing origami. Gah. I'll do the source analysis for homework.

And, that, was my day!

HSC
N/A
1st - Chem - Metals; forensic chemistry (option)
2nd - Math - NVM.
3rd - Bio - Nothing - condescended by teacher, maybe?
4th - Eng - Bull**** writing task. Rubric: 15 minutes; 1 page; Gothic atmosphere.
5th - Phys - Work, force, momentum, impulse, Ep, Ek, projectile motion.
6th - Eng - ???

A premise: The school has cut printing physical notes, which were conceptualised for the kids to bring to their parents; because parents were complaining how they didn't have a clue about things. Now, notes are more or less online, with about a couple dozen hard-copies offered at the office; and sent to e-mails.

While this may save costs and whatnot, kids say that they now don't have a clue about things.

Question: Yes to hard-copies being printed out, or keep this new system?

You see, I would probably be wrong, but no-one truly cares about the Principal's Address (first two pages), so scrap that; everyone just flicks to the sport, and, if it's there, something about marks/grades/UAI's/etc.
So, should there or shouldn't there be hard-copies for ~1,100 students?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Modern- Had a RQQ- Revision Quick Quiz. Got 19/20 :D
English: We discussed how we're going to have a writing festival.
Biology: Did an experiment on Surface Area to Volume. Someone wrecked out experiment :(
Maths: Did inequalities. Got our grading test back. 100% :D

cs01001

HSC
Has anyone here done Permutations & Combinations for Maths? I find that thing hard :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Has anyone here done Permutations & Combinations for Maths? I find that thing hard :(
Supposedly, that's our next topic for MX1.

cs01001

HSC
Permutations & Combinations is damn hard. I find Inequalities much much easier! :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Permutations & Combinations is damn hard. I find Inequalities much much easier! :)
Haha =] Inequalities are pretty easy, and the topic is finished in one to two days. The textbook only has one exercise on inequalities with pronumerals in the denominator. :)

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
A premise: The school has cut printing physical notes, which were conceptualised for the kids to bring to their parents; because parents were complaining how they didn't have a clue about things. Now, notes are more or less online, with about a couple dozen hard-copies offered at the office; and sent to e-mails.

While this may save costs and whatnot, kids say that they now don't have a clue about things.

Question: Yes to hard-copies being printed out, or keep this new system?

You see, I would probably be wrong, but no-one truly cares about the Principal's Address (first two pages), so scrap that; everyone just flicks to the sport, and, if it's there, something about marks/grades/UAI's/etc.
So, should there or shouldn't there be hard-copies for ~1,100 students?
That makes no sense and there is no need to use big words.

First you talk about not printing hard copies of notes and then you talk about principal's address on the first two pages....eh what the?

If they were trying to cut costs and help the environment using recycled paper would be a start and then recycling paper better.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Todayy .. hmm quite a few subs.
Engineering : Gotta project thingy. Making a motor in pairs.
English : Copyng Star Wars stuff. Must say was bludge. yay !
Double IPT : theory *shivers* although then some of us went on the comps. teacher didnt give a crap. =]
Maths: Sub. Done some maths + physics work.
Physics: Partial Sub (as she left after like 2 minutes). Done some maths + physics work. & also cracked up hard ! Funny as.

I have an ulcer. =( Didnt know what they were til end of last year. That's when I started getting 'em.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
School day was okay, forced to write a creative piece on gothic literature, which one student volunteered to read his one, and turned out to be erotica. hawt.

PrettyVacant

HSC
=P Haha
School's in like...2 hours.

Man I'm up early.

Too much caffiene.

cdiz

HSC
N/A
Had 3 periods today! YAY!

Music up first - stupid guy @ westmead station passed out so the train was delayed and it meant less time in music GAY! >< Talked about ostinato, listened to different types of consonance and dissonance, had some group activity, we're gonna mix it up and play Canon Rock, should be fun.

English 2nd - Practice Listening Task about some chinese guy whos family migrated to Australia, had to talk about the Racial and Cultural differences etc etc

Recess - Went with a few mates down to the kebab shop (mmm tabouli), ended up being 5mins late for maths ah well...

Math - Trigonometry...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
7:45-Roll Call - Had cricket practice session. Our game's on Thursday.

First period: Assembly for half the period.

Second period: English- Worked on my essay for the set text.

Third period: Biology- Talked more about Surface Area: Volume ratio, and the
compounds found in cells.

Last period: Modern History- Completed our timeline from 1900-1921. Covered the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)