How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
My maths teacher looks like Colonel Sanders. Serious, no joke.
Which class, which you are in, would that be, simonloo?
You're gonna do 2/3/4U?
My math teacher's of Irish lineage, and may or may not have a speech impediment; that said, he's still a decent teacher (who is far too lenient with classroom behaviour, letting us do whatever we wish, and not teaching too much, but not teaching so that we understand - maybe it's just the people who sit in the back are just absolutely lost).
(Guess who?:D)

Oh... I need to finish of my prac reports, make use of the "Senior Study Center", and, uh... possibly study (not that it works too much:( I lack motivation, and I'm too lackadaisical ... and I don't quite have the impulse:p).

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
Which class, which you are in, would that be, simonloo?
You're gonna do 2/3/4U?
My math teacher's of Irish lineage, and may or may not have a speech impediment; that said, he's still a decent teacher (who is far too lenient with classroom behaviour, letting us do whatever we wish, and not teaching too much, but not teaching so that we understand - maybe it's just the people who sit in the back are just absolutely lost).
(Guess who?:D)

Oh... I need to finish of my prac reports, make use of the "Senior Study Center", and, uh... possibly study (not that it works too much:( I lack motivation, and I'm too lackadaisical ... and I don't quite have the impulse:p).
MCQ? Yeah, I hear he's awesome. I'm in Maths 2.

Artemis.

HSC
simonloo said:
My maths teacher looks like Colonel Sanders. Serious, no joke.
He must be the twin of my old science teacher, 'cos he was the spitting image I swear.

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
MCQ? Yeah, I hear he's awesome. I'm in Maths 2.
Congrats on being in such a fitting class.

FUCK THIS. Never mind that, I'm just irritated, again. Nothing really, in reference to school, or anything.

HAHA Colonel Sanders, you have ... not Fuller, who's really, really cool, and au fait with the modern times... it must be Mr. ''EPSILON SIGMA PI ETA', right? I don't quite know how he is, but I hear that he's actually a good teacher, with a decent span of tolerance.

Yep, MCQ. That's for not continuing tuition (not that it's fundamental; it's just necessary to compete with people who also do it:p ... still... vital).:(

Bored7

HSC
Ok,
Im just going to reply this as how year 11 is for me so far.
I have been abit stressed over the whole situation with the assessments.
Apparently there is so much more than year 10.
Im not the best at time managment and essay writing, i think thats going to be my problem.
I have so many study periods so that may help abit.
Its actually pretty good Considering the threats of assessments and exams.
Im glad i have chosen the subjects that i have.
I wish everyone the best of luck for year 11 and 12.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Okay, thanks for the tech-tip, Jachie.

As for your swimming carnival, I hope you didn't get too sunburnt and it doesn't pain you too much. Right now, it's storming here, which is quite a contrast to early today; still, you have it better than us - the average temp of the day we had our carnival was searing.

You might want to apply some after-sun lotion, or something soothing, like aloe vera; unfortunately, this doesn't do a much to the radiation that has already permeated your skin.:(

I hope you had fun, though.

Hm, my day in depth... I pointed out to my peers that they're is a different between the concepts of "mass" and "weight", and "speed" and "velocity", and informed people of "impulse" (the product of the force and the time during which it acts), which some immature idiot cracked a joke about "lust" as a vector quantity. (Then again, I am informed by my sources that this is not necessarily 100% correct [at least to Uni standards].) Also, it was a lame joke, and non sequitur.

Sport was okay, but I hate the teacher who takes us.
Ahhh, it's storming here too :D It was freezing this morning, then it got really sunny, then it got windy and a bit overcast, and now it's storming. What bipolar weather. But yeah, today was alright. Beat sitting in school doing work. :p (OMG. It's only Week 2 and I'm thinking this way! Nooooo!)

Bored7, welcome to BOS! :wave: It's good to hear about those study periods. I'd suggest you view Year 11 as a "trial run" for your HSC year - practise your time management and essay writing this year, see what works for you and what doesn't, so by the time Term 4 comes you'll know more about yourself and the studying techniques that suit you best.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Welcome Bored7 :)

Photo Day tomorrow + Free Period = Bludge :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Good point. I just make notes from a combination of sources, read and revise them constantly for preparation of the exams. Go over other important and relevant information and sheets I get from school. Practise past exams, and there you go :)

For essay-based, I might sometimes do some mock essays.

HSC
N/A
Early home from school, because the teacher is taking sport; also, we have a free period, so yeah. Pretty cool.

Work, and lots of it, and lack of motivation, and repeating "and" too frequently is not.
AND, I figured that my Chem class is retarded and cannot perform a gravimetric analysis without destroying the lab, damaging equipment, and getting "15 marks" deducted from a 10 mark, if any at all, prac.
GOOD JOB, CHEM[class letter]!!!1OnEZ!!!

Also, I figured that I need more, more study... and that I should probably lack lack of concentration more often - whatever that may mean.

Bio. Went out, did transect studies, capture-release-recapture (with Sydney Girls'(?)), and ... made quadrats, to do quadrat studies.
~60% of 'The Flat' is covered by grass...
Also, ... the teacher does not know too much about horticulture, which is quite an interesting field in my opinion, as is ag... and any other science.:p

Anyhow, lockers are so nifty, and ... yeah.

Good day to all.:D

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Apart from nearly breaking my back and arms with the amount of textbooks I'm carrying around despite the help of lockers, my day was oookay.

Haven't really found time for doing anything other than homework, actually. So far, no notes, no extra studies, just.. homework. Lots of it. :(

We're going on a cruise/picnic tomorrow though!
No rain pleasseee.

floatinglily

HSC
lol, i was late for school & i snuck into the lab quietly without getting caught.

at recess, my friends were teasing me coz i asked my instructor yesterday: "sergeant, what is the difference between a machine gun & a grenade?" when i got the answer i then asked, "ok then, what's the difference between a machine gun & a bozooka?"

whoosh~~ there goes my intelligence

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Instructor for what, weapons training? Although I am going to assume it was a random question to driving instructor. I don't see the joke besides lack of intelligence.

floatinglily

HSC
he was my intructor for air force cadets. i was sincere in the asking, i really didnt know the names of the artillery...i knew how they looked like, just not their names

PrettyVacant

HSC
floatinglily said:
he was my intructor for air force cadets. i was sincere in the asking, i really didnt know the names of the artillery...i knew how they looked like, just not their names
<3 Jess is my Chem buddy now, suckaa!

floatinglily

HSC
awww...i miss jess...
air force cadets isnt that great, army cadets are better

PrettyVacant

HSC
:(

Chem teacher doesn't like me much, I think I'm losing the passion for it.

I mean, it's funny to point out the phallic nature of scientific apparatus!

HSC
N/A
@LottoX: Isn't Jess Faytle, LottoX?

@PrettyVacant:
PrettyVacant said:
Awesome level-headed chem buddy. Honestly, my freakiness is balanced by her calmness.
Made just for each other. Maybe you should neutralise each other. (Invariably, that was to come.)

@simonloo: English work. Sleep by Kenneth Slessor. Odd poem...
K. La better settle, or the English class will be pretty stuffed, yes, simonloo?
White people are scary.
Done your response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)