HSCers! What were YOU actually doing during Prelims? (2 Viewers)

hscishard

HSC
Prelim is like that. HSC you actually learn the content. You'll probably do a major project to cover the first topic and then you learn about databases and communication systems plus 2 options which are usually multimedia (it's the easiest to learn) and TPS.
I'm doin the hsc ipt like you. Content is really easy but I've just been doing skills so far (also easy :)) I'm just a bit worried about what I'm learning, that's all

Gigacube

HSC
I'm doin the hsc ipt like you. Content is really easy but I've just been doing skills so far (also easy :)) I'm just a bit worried about what I'm learning, that's all
Try and do content because that is what is tested in HSC. If you're worried about it use the Sam Davis textbook to help you cover the content. It's pretty in-depth for some sections but it does help you answer the question.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Enjoy high school while you can, year 11 is as bludgy as it gets in senior years.

If you're motivated enough, go get a job.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I did nothing until the week we had prelim yearlies. I was bored so I made summary notes and did better than people that studied consistently all year. YAY!

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
I did the bare minimum really - assignments, homework, and study the week before exams. Also working, because I like me the money :] There's no need to put a hold on your life for two years, have fun and get a job. A job is probably the best thing on your resume, better than a 99.95 ATAR. Plus it also pays for fuel and clothes

HSC
Uni Grad
I pretty much only did assignments and last minute cramming except for mathematics (and obviously piano practice). It paid off quite well :p

mecramarathon

HSC
i'd say only maths is important in the preliminary because they'd always pop up in the HSC

and maybe basic formulaes in the sciences

ameher

HSC
i'd say only maths is important in the preliminary because they'd always pop up in the HSC

and maybe basic formulaes in the sciences
Yer thats pretty much it. I didnt do much in yr 11 aside from cramming for yearlies. Then lifting for yr 12.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I ttry to study for at least2-3hrs a day

I feel if i get good study habits it will help for yr 12 and that i would dominate the HSC

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
I did the bare minimum really - assignments, homework, and study the week before exams. Also working, because I like me the money :] There's no need to put a hold on your life for two years, have fun and get a job. A job is probably the best thing on your resume, better than a 99.95 ATAR. Plus it also pays for fuel and clothes
But if you get an ATAR of 99+ and complete a decent degree you'll probably make more money in the long term =p

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
But if you get an ATAR of 99+ and complete a decent degree you'll probably make more money in the long term =p
Just as likely to get a high ATAR with a job than without. It just shows your organisation skills, and commitment. And as I said - an employer will more likely hire someone who has held a job before. This will come in handy when I have to go to uni and support myself whilst I complete my 'decent degree'.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
experiment on what suits you. theres no other answer that is correct, other than the generic cliche responses like above.

also, ur prelim so stop posting on BoS tedious generic questions. if u seriously want our opinion than post specific decent questions. otherwise gtfo.
haha ur a fag

b33g_boss

HSC
hmmm i think ima stay low key during prelims and let the top dudes dominate prelims (they'll become super confident.. i think) while i study the HSC course, and shock them in yr 12.

HSC
Uni Grad
hmmm i think ima stay low key during prelims and let the top dudes dominate prelims (they'll become super confident.. i think) while i study the HSC course, and shock them in yr 12.
Just make sure you work those skills crucial for year 12 up to scratch - maths, english essays, writing concise answers for science, etc. :p

Gigacube

HSC
I was thinking of doing that too.

I think prelim is a good year to investigate what careers you might want, the scaling process, cutoffs, etc.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I achieved that in Prelims. XD

ameher

HSC
I was thinking of doing that too.

I think prelim is a good year to investigate what careers you might want, the scaling process, cutoffs, etc.
Yer thats not a bad idea actually i remember talking to my career advisor at school at around that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)