Important - Please Read (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
Lynn is impressed that Alan can speak any of his "cultural" tongue, as Lynn can barely pronounce her chinese name, and even then, only with hesitation. After years of vocal training, the chinese dialect - even the accent - seems strange, foreign, and uncomfortable.

Lynn just cooked some rice porridge, if Alan was able to get to Lynn's house, he is more than welcome to some :D

Lynn can think of a greater difficulty though. Trying to persuade some of her more closed-minded relatives that she should follow her heart (concerning careers) rather than family tradition. It has become so futile that Lynn has given up and just says "It's my life and it's my choice to do with it what I will" to them.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Ahhh congee.

Alan understands the yuckiness of plain rice porriage....YUCK!

If it has meat, maybe Alan WILL come for some. Alan is hungry.

HSC
N/A
Lynn has just finished another bowl of rice porridge (with meat, thank goodness) and her hunger is well and truly satiated.

Lynn loves her puppy. She knows she has said it before, but Lynn really does love her puppy that tends to follow her around on its own terms. When Lynn went into her room to change, when she came out, her puppy was sitting in front of the door, waiting for Lynn to come out. How cute!

J

jhakka

Justin greets Lynn, and says that puppies rock!

Having said that, he finished Cujo this evening and is trying to work out why he is always sadder when an animal dies than when a human dies. He also feels sad that Cujo couldn't control himself as a result of rabies. :(

HSC
N/A
!!! Lynn is now quite upset for poor Cujo.

Lynn greets Justin solemnly. (is that spelt right?)

J

jhakka

Justin says that if it is spelled incorrectly, he doesn't know the correct spelling.

Justin will be back shortly, as he needs to have a shower and cool down.

HSC
N/A
Lynn will go back to her "Black Thorn White Rose". Lynn wishes she had more of Mercedes Lackey's books.

Lynn is now craving, not for chocolate, but for good fantasy books.

J

jhakka

Justin has returned, and has a lot of fantasy books that he could recommend to Lynn. Most of which can be found in his personal library.

The Farseer Trilogy, The Liveship Traders and The Tawny Man by Robin Hobb are at the top of his reccomendations list, and suggests that everyone read them as soon as possible.

He also suggests The Rigante novels by David Gemmell, a series that is extremely well written. Gemmell's books are very engaging.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Alan wonders if either Justin or Lynn have read pulp fiction books.

If they havent, Alan suggests "The Chalice and the Blade - Glenna McReynolds" It may be lacking in depth, but the Romantic Fantasy book makes Alan want to be in the world! Alan thinks it is fantastic, even though his teacher dissaproves of Alan reading so much of it (he used the book for his Adv and Ext1 course as supp), she says it is good for knowledge.

J

jhakka

Justin has not read any pulp fiction books, and states that he has way too many books to read, re-read or buy.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Lynn probably has read pulp fiction, its realyl a subjective term. Its basically texts that arent highly regarded by literary society. Like, its no Frankenstein or Brave New World or anything. Its more like Mercedes Lackey stuff. All those Romance novels in supermarkets and bargin stores are pulp fiction. Pulp means "Popular".

HSC
N/A
Ah!

Lynn understands now. In that case, she loves Mercedes Lackey, but feels that a lot of those paperback romance novels should be burnt. Lynn feels that it's always the same story, just reworded. Lynn still loves Love Stories, but respects authors who actually get some research and historical accuracy in there. Time and time again, Lynn's line "I want more than just a love story, dammit!" comes up.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
THE CHALICE AND THE BLADE!

Its not as corny as it sounds, Alan promises!!!! For MONTHS Alans english teacher was tormented with the name "Dain Lavrans" who is the sexiest pseudo-sorceror around! Even Alan's english teacher says he has a charm to him!
And omg!!! The sex scenes are fantastic!!!

Lynn MUST read. Alan has the book. He buy, he send to all Important - Please Read friends so they experience the power of the Chalice and the Blade.!

J

jhakka

Justin can't even stand the sight of cheap romance novels. Guh, talk about low standards. No offence to anyone who actually reads them.

HSC
N/A
Lynn promises to look for it next time she's in Borders :)

Although at the moment Lynn is wringing her hands in distress, for there is a particular person asking "How the hell do you study for english?" over and over and over again, and Lynn cannot stop herself from trying to answer his question time and time again... he's not getting it though!!!

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
jhakka said:
Justin can't even stand the sight of cheap romance novels. Guh, talk about low standards. No offence to anyone who actually reads them.
Alan is not offended. He hates crap romance novels as the next ext2 SS person, but he promises The Chalice and the Blade is NOT a cheap romance novel...well, it serves its purpose as a novel aimed at entertaining

HSC
N/A
Lynn is glad to hear it!

EDIT: GAH! 69^boi is now wanting a detailed "plan" of how to study for english.

Lynny wants cry, she really does. She does not think she can help this person any more. She wonders whether Justin or Alan would be able to beat him up into some semblance of sanity.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Llyrai said:
Alan is not offended. He hates crap romance novels as the next ext2 SS person, but he promises The Chalice and the Blade is NOT a cheap romance novel...well, it serves its purpose as a novel aimed at entertaining
Justin wasn't talking about The Chalice and the Blade. He was talking about those paperbacks that waste valuable shelf space at any department store, the ones with ugly people in bed on the cover, the ones that kill trees that should be killed for better books.

Justin will see what he can do about 69^boi.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Lynn is glad to hear it!

EDIT: GAH! 69^boi is now wanting a detailed "plan" of how to study for english.

Lynny wants cry, she really does. She does not think she can help this person any more. She wonders whether Justin or Alan would be able to beat him up into some semblance of sanity.
Tell him "The secret to studying English, is to continue your struggle of understanding the world, continue searching for meaning in something others do not finding meaning in, create meaning and worth. Live, dammit, LIVE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)