Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Lynn greets Airness and Gavrillo and hopes they are enjoying their stumble into the wonderment that is IPR. She also encourages other 05's to stumble in whenever they wish, as all the IPR people are very nice and very helpful. :) Some are even very intelligent, and one even got into the Showcase. :)

Lynn is quite small.

And she can drive.

She wouldn't mind a lamborghini.
How come only Kami and Glitterfairy posts here in recent times? Why is everyone else hiding ? =(
Litto Lynn, i'm afraid the lamborghini has been crushed into smithereens by my big fat ass =)

HSC
N/A
Lynn is somewhat disappointed. :( She feels all sad now...

As for the other IPR members, as most of the 04's are currently in Uni, they are all very busy and very tired a lot of the time, but do meet up every few weeks :) They will pop in every now and again... Lynn encourages the 05's to make use of the treasured third-person-narration (they need not use their real names yet if they do not wish to) and to make use of the civil and friendly coversational space that is IPR. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Airness said:
How come only Kami and Glitterfairy posts here in recent times? Why is everyone else hiding ? =(
Litto Lynn, i'm afraid the lamborghini has been crushed into smithereens by my big fat ass =)
Evan is hurt...Are Lynn and Evan not enough to satisfy Airness? lol
Do not worry Airness, I'm sure jhakka or goldendawn will post something eventually.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Airness is very much satisfied by Evan and Lynn. But i also believe the more the merrier :p

And what's with this 3rd person narration style? Is such vanity only prevalent in IPR ? :p i love it.

Airness has his Viva Voce on Wednesday. Wish Airness luck!!!
Teacher: "Airness (that's not my real name but heh ^^), don't worry. You will do excellent. Just do what you do best. Talk"
Airness: stands there wondering whether that was a compliment or a slight criticism =/

To fully become part of the IPR family, Airness gladly reveals his real name to be James :D James = Airness...which also equals a plethora of other nicknames by which i can superciliously refer to myself in the 3rd person =)
Damn i love this IPR club already ^^

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hi James!!
*waves*
This third person style was implemented by "The First", 400miles...I-PR's creator, and yes, Evan believes this place has exclusivity to the third person, which is coolness :)
And remember when you feel despondent about your assessments there is always someone worse off....Evan! lol

J

jhakka

Justin wanders in and would like to say that this is certainly not a club of any kind. We're more like the nerd brigade.

HSC
N/A
Lynn also wanders in to debate exactly when the use of third-person narration started. Certainly 400miles started it - but the extended use... happened somewhere around page 36... (can't remember who) if someone is bored and wishes to search the archives, they are more than welcome to do so...

Lynn wishes James all the best for his Viva, which is probably happening - exactly - right now.

And as for Justin: "Justin, we aren't anything other than *special*. And that includes the asterisks."

Oh, and here is a funny story for everybody:
Yesterday or the day before, she was having a terrible time modding and the shift key got stuck. She spent about 15 minutes taking out the button and fiddling around, but to no avail. So, still stressing and trying to calculate costs of a new keyboard, she dashed off to pick up her brother - who came up with the very brilliant idea of pressing the OTHER shift key.

What a clever brother she has.

---

*may still pop in to USYD tommorrow but will see*

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Airness said:
by which i can superciliously refer to myself in the 3rd person =)
Damn i love this IPR club already ^^
OH NO!!! First person!!! :mad:
It is time for James to be *punished* MWAHAAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA!

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
"O woe!", says Marcus. "How this thread has withered in the winter of my absence! What has become of the tree that once grew tall and green at gardens' heart?"

chorus: its' roots have withered

"And what of the fiery fruits that once blossomed from its' branches?"

chorus: the earth has eaten them.

"The damp air swallows this place; the clouds droop upon us. Will the sun yet shine upon my return? I hope it does; for this place once pulsed with the beating of the drum. The sound of laughter once lived here."

:p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
goldendawn said:
"O woe!", says Marcus. "How this thread has withered in the winter of my absence! What has become of the tree that once grew tall and green at gardens' heart?"

chorus: its' roots have withered

"And what of the fiery fruits that once blossomed from its' branches?"

chorus: the earth has eaten them.

"The damp air swallows this place; the clouds droop upon us. Will the sun yet shine upon my return? I hope it does; for this place once pulsed with the beating of the drum. The sound of laughter once lived here."

:p
"OH no!" Evan wails in a helpless fashion" its literary boy attacking the I-PR state Building!"

J

jhakka

glitterfairy said:
Lynn also wanders in to debate exactly when the use of third-person narration started. Certainly 400miles started it - but the extended use... happened somewhere around page 36... (can't remember who) if someone is bored and wishes to search the archives, they are more than welcome to do so...
Justin has found roughly where third person narration seemed to start off permanently.

It was either Alan's comment, though the others didn't continue it for a few posts:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?p=994791#post994791

Or it was Lynn's post:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?p=994989#post994989

Justin would be inclined to say it was Alan's, though.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Justin has found roughly where third person narration seemed to start off permanently.

It was either Alan's comment, though the others didn't continue it for a few posts:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?p=994791#post994791

Or it was Lynn's post:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?p=994989#post994989

Justin would be inclined to say it was Alan's, though.
*gapes* "You ..you.. you mean...Alan fathered our third person proclivities?" says Evan.
Hmmm if so...does that mean I-PR now has to bow down to Alan's rulership? Evan also wonders what Alan will accept as royalties for the use of third person..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
What rulership? Justin accepts no group leaders.
Yay! "Anarchy of the nerds"-this summer's strangest release coming to a store near you :)

Gavrillo said:
wacka-wacka-wacka; too many J-names...I'm a James, too. *shiver*
Evan thinks that I-PR needs to start giving out numbers for identification purposes..too..many..Js! lol:p

J

jhakka

Justin feels a bit out of the loop at the moment. Just for a bit of variety, of course.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan still feels saintlike...though he retains the right and responsibility to use his Loki powers to do whatever naughtiness he is inclined to undertake ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)