• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
Lynn has begun to think in third-person narration. She wonders what sort of effect this will have on her dreams.

Speaking of dreams, Lynn remembers that she has to wake up early tommorrow morning to drive brother to station and cram majorly for Ancient History exam which is *gasp* on Thursday.

She blows kisses to all and wishes sweet dreams to everyone - regardless of first, second or third-narration.

EDIT: Lynn would like to post-phone her goodbyes in order to respond to Susan's post.

HSC
N/A
Lynn does, in fact, know Sarah Cusack, particularly as she lives only about 10 minutes south of her. Lynn does hope that Susan resumes work, as it would be positively breathtaking to view everybody's full-length works.She has a feeling that her own might transform from a short story to something of a novella, or novel, but looks forward to it -one day - nevertheless. She adds that she would be more than happy to view any future works.

Lynn did, in fact, notice the PDF file and was MOST displeased at being unable to save it. Lynn laughs, and admits that she saves everything. Being a compulsive hoarder, she has strange articles such as "10 reasons why you should date a dancer" living on a somewhat (Lynn only suddenly realises she uses the word "somewhat" on a somewhat regular basis) perennial location in her computer. But she doesn't mind, it's all very entertaining and pretty to look at.

Lynn would like to conclude that if Susan were to mention Lynn's name to Sarah, Sarah would most likely respond by laughing out loud. In fact, Lynn is so sure of this that she is willing to take bets. "Five dollars?" she asks. For that matter, she is willing to bet that 90% of the people who know Lynn are most likely to laugh out loud when her name is brought up for the first time in her absence in a "do you know Lynn" context.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Lynn must now go to bed however. But strangely, it is not Caesar that calls - it is dinky little wannabe Greek Pokemon figures (the HGHS way of remembering key figures) that remind her of all her cramming on the morrow.

She blows a second round of kisses, and bids everyone adieu.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Susan would like to inform Lynn that she used to go to school as Sarah and lives in the same suburb (so now you know what suburb Susan lives in!! Susan feverently hopes that Lynn is not a stalker)

Susan did not realise that one could not save the file. She thought that you could just not copy or print it. If Lynn would be so kind as to PM Susan with her e-mail address, she will e-mail her a copy which she can save.

Susan is also a compulsive hoarder. She saves obscure articles like "Caring for your pet monkey" in the unlikely event that she should meet Michael Jackson. Susan now feels the compulsion to inform the thread that she is not a Michael Jackson fan, but feels that due to HSC insanity, may be placed in the same loony bin.

Susan hasn't spoken to Sarah for a while, not because of animosity, but rather, has not had the oppurtunity.

Susan would like to meet Lynn at School Spec, where she belives Lynn is dancing and Susan is singing in the choir.

Susan knows that Lynn is dying to go to bed and therefore gives Lynn a big hug and wishes her goodnight :)

J

jhakka

Justin wishes Lynn good night and the best of luck with her study.

Justin will now revert briefly to first person narration. (Justin almost called himself a "her", and feels sheepish)

Susan, you're major work was awesome. That's it. I'm not a very good critiquer, however I am great at picking up spelling, grammatical and wording problems (which is something I didn't do in yours, as I was enjoying it too much).

As far as the story goes, I really enjoyed it, and can see some similarities with my own experiences (or my parents', at least), however instead of the Chinese culture it was about being Greek. But what the hey, same difference. We don't talk to my Dad's sister because she doesn't like the fact that my mum isn't Greek.

Anyways, I truly enjoyed it, though I didn't read the reflection statement, and wish you the best in your future work.

Justin switches back to the third person.

Justin has nothing left to say in this reply.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus is fretting about ancient now...

He has not done his summary for Old Kingdom
He has not finished enough Persian Kings
He has not finished Sparta
And Xerxes is one of the Persian Kings whom he has not finished

Marcus is fretting about Studies of Religion now...

He has not finished Religion in Australia from 1900 to the present
He has not finished Ways of Holiness

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Susan again reverts to first person to speak to Justin:

Hi! :)

Firstly, thanks! I'm sure yours is awesome too (if he'll let us read it cough cough!! Nah, j/k!)

Its funny you should pick on the similarities. The original concept had 3 kids, Lydia, Adam (a greek/italian second gen kid) and rashid (a little indian guy). In january i had to scrap the idea cos i didn't know any italian people (or not well enough to interview them to the depth that i wanted) and figured that i could get more depth from just a culture i knew really well.

Its also good that you didn't read the script as a work looking for spelling/grammar etc. as this is a good indication that it is actually good.

I think there are a heap of really universal themes in there and so many others which i reckon i could write about and people would go "yeah! same here" but i'll let you guys know :) hey, perhaps i could interview you if i'm looking at expanding? :)

Susan now reverts back to third person.

Susan would like to bid all in Important- Please read, a hearty bonne nuit as she believes she should get some proper study on Studies of Religion done before retiring for the night. She is really pleased that both Justin and Lynn were able to view and appreciate her major work, for that is what Susan believes the ultimate purpose of writing is.

Susan will probably see and speak to everyone tommorow in Procrastination from Study Town, aka Important - Please Read. :)

night!!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
quickly:

Marcus you'll be fine!!Susan hasn't done more than that for Studies of Religion (she is embarrased to say) and has also done minimal study for Extension History.

Susan has seen enough evidence of Marcus's intelligence in this thread to believe that Marcus will be absolutley fine.

goodnight!

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus wishes Susan a good night and good luck with Studies of Religion tomorrow. He hopes to read Susan's major work soon. It sounds good.

J

jhakka

Justin has enjoyed Susan's enjoyment of Justin's enjoyment of her work, and wishes her good night.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus thanks Susan and Justin. He feels a little better.

J

jhakka

Justin hopes so, and strongly suggests that Marcus look into the art of bullshit if he feels unsure about anything in his exams. Justin feels that it works wonders.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus must now depart.
He wishes Justin good rest and a good day tomorrow.
He will talk to everyone laterz.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus often turns to his extensive vocabulary to bullshit.
Sometimes its works. But it depends on the marker.

J

jhakka

Justin wishes Marcus a good night, and hopes that he will not study too hard or stress too much. He wishes him all the best in his exams over the next few days and hopes that his stress will be transferred from his mind to his paper.

Justin is also glad of Marcus' ability to bullshit.

Justin bids Marcus a good night.

HSC
N/A
Lynn wonders whether anyone else is having difficulty in sleeping due to temperature - she finds, that in her lack-of-air-conditioned room, if it is not the right temperature, she is unable to get to sleep.

However, as no-one else is online she resolves to meander amongst random EE2 threads for a while until she starts feeling dozey again.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Alan returns and wonders why it is that when Alan is gone, so many posts 'magically' appear on the thread, and wonders too, if there is a connection.

He is only too willing to tell Justin that he has one less person to compete against in terms of IPT for Alan has most definantly screwed his possible chances of gaining marks in the exam.

Furthermore, he wonders if the time to express his gratitude and appreciation of "Important - Please Read" and its friendship making abilities, is when no one else is on.

He decides no, and that the inferences and obvious nature of this thread makes Alan's appreciative comments, well known amoung those involved (he is not willing to name, in case he forgets certain names *cough that may make those special people feel unappreciated.

Now he begins to wonder if he should sleep or continue to study for tmr's exam.

He is still thinking.

Now he decides that he will stop, and use 'threading' to symbolise a time break.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Upon returning from the loo (precious thinking time) he would like to say that the heat is not a problem for Alan's sleeping capabilities, even in his unair-conditioned room, as he is (almost) naked. (yet suprisingly, not playing with his ****)

[in unison] **SHOCK!**

Indeed Alan is not in his normal mood.

Alan is tired, he is experiencing a new form of self-reflexivity at the moment, and suddenly, he would like to say that he dreadfully wants to read Susan's and everyone elses Major works, but although he does admire all contributors to this 'irrelevant' thread, which has indeed provided much entertainment and security, he simply cannot untill his HSC exams are over (Alan is not as fast a reader as glitterfairy, although he wish he were).

Continuing on that thought, (a rarity for Alan, as his thinking patters are in all honesty quite erratic, with the usual comment "WTF? How did you arrive at that? Makes no sense you crazy fool") he would like to say he very much admires Marcus' intelligence and extensive vocabulary, and believes he is one of those people who remember things that they are told ([in first person] I CANT BELEIVE YOU REMEMBERED THAT LINE WAS FROM LOTR!!!!)

*calms down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)