Iran : The Big Question (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think the Muslim world was slightly ahead of Europe culturally/intellectually for the period 1000 to 1600, but then they started stagnating into religious fanaticism, whilst Europe was starting to rely on the scientific method in favour of blind faith.

ellie44

HSC
Iran has opened its nuclear plants for inspection from European officials. That just proves that the US' claims are false.

I'm from Iran myself, and have been there recently. Jay-Dupree you are right, the majority are basically westernised, especially the youth. Tehran is by far the most westernised. I've travelled all over the country, from humble villages to cities, and the most extreme comment I’ve heard from an Iranian was 'may God curse Bush'. Even the young boys who are in military training and are patrolling on the streets are corrupted perverts who try to pick up girls walking past. This has happened from experience. So no, this 'nutcase' of a leader isn't posing as an influence to the society's youth. The government can't control the majority, so they keep on letting them off as they become more westernised. Girls pack on the make up, wear high heels, clothes are becoming tighter, headscarves see-through, worn halfway, sometimes even just a beanie worn under a bun, and sleeves are rolled up. When I went to the mountains there were women who were having a snow fight with men and they weren't wearing any headscarves at all. Guys dye their hair, put jewellry on, wear the latest fashions, and pump their music up.

Satellites are hooked up in most homes in Tehran, with all sorts of R-rated programs. Mainstream Iranian television always plays movies and documentaries coming from America. Nearly every young person's dream is to go to America, Australia etc.

The western media always over exaggerates issues concerning Iran because it’s their job to be provocative. When I read news on Iran, I ring up my family over there and ask if it’s true, and they almost every time say that they’ve never heard anything of the sort.

I’m quite indifferent about the reasons why Iran has lost its spark and can no longer connect with its youth. Perhaps it could be because the regime is too strict and hence restricts young people to explore and find out who they are. They’re just desired to be moulded by what the government wants them to be. I guess it’s like Newton’s third law of motion. The governments’ force has backfired.

I was actually very shocked when I had gone there and discovered that there was a lot more corruption than I thought… but of course there are also religious peolpe no doubt, but i've never met an extremist.

What do you think?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I wonder if the gay soldiers hit on men?

Oh that's right. Iran doesn't have gay people.

ellie44

HSC
I never said they didn't. Of course they do. Every country in the world has homosexuals, islamic republic or not.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
ellie44 said:
Iran has opened its nuclear plants for inspection from European officials. That just proves that the US' claims are false.

I'm from Iran myself, and have been there recently. Jay-Dupree you are right, the majority are basically westernised, especially the youth. Tehran is by far the most westernised. I've travelled all over the country, from humble villages to cities, and the most extreme comment I’ve heard from an Iranian was 'may God curse Bush'. Even the young boys who are in military training and are patrolling on the streets are corrupted perverts who try to pick up girls walking past. This has happened from experience. So no, this 'nutcase' of a leader isn't posing as an influence to the society's youth. The government can't control the majority, so they keep on letting them off as they become more westernised. Girls pack on the make up, wear high heels, clothes are becoming tighter, headscarves see-through, worn halfway, sometimes even just a beanie worn under a bun, and sleeves are rolled up. When I went to the mountains there were women who were having a snow fight with men and they weren't wearing any headscarves at all. Guys dye their hair, put jewellry on, wear the latest fashions, and pump their music up.

Satellites are hooked up in most homes in Tehran, with all sorts of R-rated programs. Mainstream Iranian television always plays movies and documentaries coming from America. Nearly every young person's dream is to go to America, Australia etc.

The western media always over exaggerates issues concerning Iran because it’s their job to be provocative. When I read news on Iran, I ring up my family over there and ask if it’s true, and they almost every time say that they’ve never heard anything of the sort.

I’m quite indifferent about the reasons why Iran has lost its spark and can no longer connect with its youth. Perhaps it could be because the regime is too strict and hence restricts young people to explore and find out who they are. They’re just desired to be moulded by what the government wants them to be. I guess it’s like Newton’s third law of motion. The governments’ force has backfired.

I was actually very shocked when I had gone there and discovered that there was a lot more corruption than I thought… but of course there are also religious peolpe no doubt, but i've never met an extremist.

What do you think?
Hookers?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
JaredR said:
The leader of Iran says otherwise.
I heard the address he made to the University myself, and I also heard his own translator saying "we don't have homosexuals in Iran", but according to the latest translations of the actual words he said. It's supposed to be he said "we don't (have that problem with) homosexuals in Iran". Refering to the paradox between Iran and the U.S with homosexuals. There is transgender surgery in Iran which is free (the state pays for it.)

Whereas in western countries it costs a fortune, and isn't offered by the state.

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
so they like gays or have gays whatever u wanna say...so i say...no war, let them be...doubt there gonna have a war

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
ellie44 said:

What do you think?

Omg, you've convinced me. tsk tks at our media, from now on I'm going to stop watching Fox News when it comes to getting all the world news and facts.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
6 in a row?

i liked this bit

"
I'd say it is in Israel's best interests to be as careful as possible in minising Civilian casualties due to the substantial amount of attention paid to their actions. If they put a foot wrong they are mercilessly bombareded in the media. Hezbollah and Hamas have far less to lose and have far more bloodthirsty aims."
Its funny how the media never really made a big thing about all the israeli deaths that hezbollah caused, but as soon as israel defends itself the media is outraged. Imagine if indonesian boats from a terrorist organisation where sitting off the coast of australia launching rpgs and causing civilian deaths... do you think our military would just sit there and take it?

banco55

HSC
Serius said:
6 in a row?

i liked this bit

"
I'd say it is in Israel's best interests to be as careful as possible in minising Civilian casualties due to the substantial amount of attention paid to their actions. If they put a foot wrong they are mercilessly bombareded in the media. Hezbollah and Hamas have far less to lose and have far more bloodthirsty aims."
Its funny how the media never really made a big thing about all the israeli deaths that hezbollah caused, but as soon as israel defends itself the media is outraged. Imagine if indonesian boats from a terrorist organisation where sitting off the coast of australia launching rpgs and causing civilian deaths... do you think our military would just sit there and take it?
I think it is because Israel is regarded as a western country and western countries are held to a higher standard. Noone blinks an eye really when you hear Arab countries are torturing people, killing civilians etc because that's basically the expected behaivour of Arab governments and movements. Lets not forget that at around about the same time Israel was being heavily criticized for the Lebanon war Syria basically wiped out a whole city and killed 10-20000 people.

banco55

HSC
Exphate said:
You know, I watch the news and shit, and I can't remember even hearing about that (IRT Syria)
I should point out I'm referring to the 1982 Lebanon war.

The Hama massacre (Arabic: مجزرة *ماة‎) occurred on February 2, 1982 when the Syrian army bombarded the town of Hama in order to quell a revolt by the Muslim Brotherhood. Amnesty International estimates between 10,000 and 25,000 were killed at Hama.[1][2] The Syrian government has made no official claim about the number killed at Hama.

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
Schroedinger said:
... You are the worst of the worst. He's talking about mass religious persecution and you're spitting in his face. He's not trying to convert you you foolish bigoted dolt, he's trying to point out what is amounting to a systematic orchestrated genocide.

And you say he's trying to convert you. Block your ears and whine because reality sure doesn't reflect what you're inferring from it.

You sicken me.
maybe i should kill myself as i sicken u...im sorry shud i call u god too?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Iran hangs 17-year-old boy despite signing treaty banning execution of minors
Iran has hanged a 17-year-old boy despite pleas from the international community for Tehran to honour treaties it has signed banning the execution of minors.

Mohammad Hassanzadeh was the second juvenile offender to be hanged in Iran this year.

At least 30 youths who were under 18 when they committed offences have been executed since 1990, seven of them last year alone.
More than 85 child offenders are currently on death row in Iran, the human rights watchdog added...

...But on the same day eight men convicted of murder and rape were sent to the gallows in Tehran’s notorious Evin prison, bringing to at least 100 the number of executions in Iran this year.
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/...-signing-treaty-banning-execution-minors.html

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Substantially less chance of the US blowing up the planet than Iran, particularly given the shah's demented proclamations.
You're kidding right? How many wars has Iran perpetrated in the last century or two? None. And the U.S? Dozens.

Which is the first country to use nuclear weapons? The U.S

Which is the first country to use their nuclear weapons to posture? The U.S

Which countries leader mentions WW3 and is in a position to start one? The U.S

Seriously, you're fucking insane if you think IRAN is more of a threat to the world than the United States of Amerikkka.

If you think that Hezbollah is needed to defend Lebanon against Israel's aggression you are openly spitting on the sovereignty of the lebanese people. I do not know a single Australian of Lebanese heritage that supports Hezbollah.
You don't know me? I support Hezbollah! I'm an Australian with a (Lebanese Heritage)

Hezbollah is needed to defend Lebanon against Israeli aggression. And they've done so in the past.

Hahahahah George fucking Galloway. That sickeningly bilious cretin that laps dogmatically at the hands of fascists and dictators. What a role model!
Alright buddy, I'm pretty sure I know your type. The type that would fellate Christopher Hitchens at the drop of a hat. Doesn't he still support the Iraq war? Haha, that moron Christopher Hitchens, he'll say whatever he has to, to win over "young, intellectuals" such as yourself. Ofcourse, he doesn't do it free. I'm pretty sure Hitchens is in the payroll of the neocon imperialists, he's a much better role model, don't you think? (especially when he's babbling on like the drunken fool he is)

m00

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Yeah put down the gun so they're open to attack. Nice. Read up on MAD.
you are the perfect definition of a retard.. I think I can totally understand why such simple and demented minds like yours are brainwashed with the stupid belief that America possess the mighty fist of justice, ready to purge the world of all evil! but do you really have to be so fucking stupid??

what makes America more justified than Iran? as sam already proved: the U.S has caused the most damage in the past so what in the world makes Iran more of a threat to ANYBODY?

if Iran REALLY DOES have nukes WHY SHOULD IRAN put down ITS GUNS for AMERICA; leaving IRAN open for attack? America is not more justified in having nukes than anyone; its not above anyone! besides, Iran is NO WHERE NEAR THE "TERRORIST" as AMERICA AND FOX NEWS tells you. look what america did to Iraq and over NOTHING; just stupid mindless claims! they killed thousands and thousands of people, INNOCENT CIVILIANS and what has Iran done? they funded organisations trying to defend their country. if you cant get that throguh your head then you are seriously fucked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)