is art a bludge (1 Viewer)

jinglebells

HSC
oh i am so gald, i pissed you off that brings happiness to my heart. look here you insignificant moron, i dont need some obessive freak to tell me about the hsc syllabus because i dont care. i don't need you to analyse my response, and art does require alot of effort, i just can't wait to leave school so i don't have to associate myself with sadistic specimens like your self. and by the way that comment was directed at that imbecile who said art was shit on a canvass. so shut your gob and fuck off.

fuck maths

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
oh i am so gald, i pissed you off that brings happiness to my heart. look here you insignificant moron, i dont need some obessive freak to tell me about the hsc syllabus because i dont care. i don't need you to analyse my response, and art does require alot of effort, i just can't wait to leave school so i don't have to associate myself with sadistic specimens like your self. and by the way that comment was directed at that imbecile who said art was shit on a canvass. so shut your gob and fuck off.

fuck maths
lol, you're either a shithouse troll or really, really stupid. For your sake i hope the former.

jinglebells

HSC
it doesn't matter if is difficult or not, what really annoys me is that SOME people disregard it as a budge which in my case is totally erroneous as i put so much time and effort in it. so when some one comes along and mocks art as a whole of course i am GOING TO GET A LITTLE BIT PISSED OFF! May cat, i hope you die :)

by the way may cat, what did you get for your bow anyway? and how did you go in your other subjects ( i mean this in a non abusive way)

blueduck

i dunno but i know exacty how fast im going
HSC
I never reply to this forum, but this made me so angry.

Firstly I don't need some inactive, illiterate sponge to tell me that shit on a canvas is art, people are actually not that stupid! Believe it or not art exists on an intellectual level and to understand it sometimes it is necessary to research the past and examine the artistic intentions employed. If you think art is some kind of subject which is below par with maths and sciences please commit suicide now, because I can tell you right now that there is so much passion, thought and intellect in art which is so great for the soul. And I have put so much effort into my case studies and my BOW. It doesn't contain the same content or academics as traditional subjects because it is a creative process that allows a person to express and interpret their own world. Making ludicrous comments that art is stupid, with out giving proper examples obviously shows the extent of your incompetence and your fantastic ability to generalize and label minorities. I can proudly say THAT I AM SO GLAD I love art and I don't need someone to dumb it down telling me its worthless, its one of the greatest things humans are capable of as well as drama and music. Just because you traditional academics are jealous of us please don't pronounce how easy art is and how much harder your subjects are, because in the end who really gives a fuck about your pathetic, melancholic monotonous life. :)

hah hah hah....u are very agressive and defensive... i dont think your just trying to convince sweet may cat ;) ...its okay dont cry... youtube comments can be much stupider that this.... but that doesnt say much :D

btw art is beautiful but science is practical
and amount of "effort" does not equate to usefulness or importance...take your above post for example

Last edited:

blueduck

HSC
it doesn't matter if is difficult or not, what really annoys me is that SOME people disregard it as a budge which in my case is totally erroneous as i put so much time and effort in it. so when some one comes along and mocks art as a whole of course i am GOING TO GET A LITTLE BIT PISSED OFF! May cat, i hope you die :)

by the way may cat, what did you get for your bow anyway? and how did you go in your other subjects ( i mean this in a non abusive way)
i retract my comment about u not being stupider than those who comment on youtube...burn in hell u diseased whore....no offence :)

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

But do you see how ridiculous it is to get fired up over people making horrible generalisations about you and the subjects you are into then start spouting shit like this "Just because you traditional academics are jealous of us please don't pronounce how easy art is and how much harder your subjects are, because in the end who really gives a fuck about your pathetic, melancholic monotonous life."

What makes you any different from the people you condemn? Don't know why i'm trying to reason with a troll hey.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I dunno, im putting off doing a tute paper and this is kind of providing some comic relief.

blueduck

HSC
whatever makes u happy... lets try provoking it..

ART IS AND SHALL FOREVER BE THE STUPIDEST OF ALL MANS CREATIONS..YES IT EVEN FALLS BELOW TWILIGHT!!! GOD DOES NOT EXIST AND YOUR MUM IS FAT!!! BOO HISS

i think that should do it

jinglebells

HSC
well that was about as funny as an orphanage burning down... no, i don't accept your opinon, art is practical on an intellectual level. and why is it that you are still on this site you finished your hsc, nothing better to do? effort is a surreal construction. wow i agree with you! i don't believe in the non-specfic deity you have identified.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
So you refuse to acknowledge anything other than your own conceited views, cool.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Real artist in the making here, he knows French and all! How about instead of mindless insults you actually try and use this fantastically creative brain you keep speaking of and form a logical argument.

jinglebells

HSC
talking of generalisations. i dont have a fantastic brain i reject that notion as inspired by lyotard. and i am using it fine, whats wrong with it love?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Look troll, it's been fun, if you don't feel like playing along then i cbf.

rpnzl

HSC
i was told by someone who happens to be the dux of a private school that art is a bludge... what does everyone else think?
Oh wow. I love how much debate there is.
Haha. I do art and its not so much a bludge because there's actually a lot of content and its extremely time consuming especially when you have to balance other school commitments.
So whoever told you that is a big fat liar :)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
you have the easiest subjects ever, just 4 majors works, a whole year (one and three quarters if you started in yr11 like a smart person would) to do four major works, all of your subjects are arts, to easy.

wheres the maths??, wheres the science??, wheres the social science??

your a perfect example why they should make everyone do a maths or a science

thats one thing i only just realised now, have you guys noticed that they have left all the shit subjects to the last week (except engineering). you got drama, art, design tech society culture, geo, endless list of shit
It's actually 5 majors, drama has two. And I did start in Year 11 actually, I had a whole lot of my Extension 2 done before the beginning of year 12, don't make half-arsed assumptions.

Again, I reiterate, you don't actually DO any of these subjects at a senior level. You don't understand the commitment and hard work that is actually put into these subjects. To give you a primary example, Music 2 scales better than Physics. Why? Because it's about 3 times harder, and requires you to be analytical/conceptual/theoretical/practical etc etc etc.

Just to pick a hole in your argument, Society and Culture IS a social science subject, so I don't think they've left all the 'shit subjects till the last week' as you so ignorantly asserted.

Honestly, you're a fuckwit. A major work is one of the hardest things about the HSC. They require independent investigation, consistent motivation, money, time, skill, logic, creativity, the list goes on. I truly don't understand how you can deny that an arts subject deserves just as much merit as a science or maths course.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I agree that this would be great, but on the same note i think people that take creative subjects need to accept that there are a lot of HSC subjects out there that are simply much, much more difficult. It would be nice if people could stop jumping to conclusions that someone is some sort of boring elitist snob for pointing this out.
But doesn't that depend on what you classify as difficult? Like, I would find great difficulty in a complex maths problem. The asian whose locker is next to mine would find great difficulty in devising a group performance. Ta da.

By the way, I definitely agree with you to an extent. I know that Latin Extension, 4 unit maths and the like are way beyond my capabilities, and acknowledge that they are perceivably difficult in terms of concepts to grasp etc. All I want to say is that the creative subjects are constantly written off as 'bludges', and it's highly judgemental, and almost offensive to someone who has literally spent hours upon hours upon hours trying to relay complex ideas into musical/dramatic/artistic/literary form.

Hey, there's a bit of a middle ground. Extension 2 English is primarily a creative subject and it's classed as difficult, right?

I dunno, it's just annoying. Just because something requires originality and creativity rather than memorising formulas and working out mathematical problems, it's deemed as a bludge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)