is smoking weed bad? (1 Viewer)

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Latest evidence is that Marijuana may trigger schizophrenia in those who have a family history of it but the incidences are substantially less than general population levels.
The police would have to stop 40,000 average cannabis users from ever using again to prevent one case of schizophrenia in those who have no links to the illness.

Roy9

HSC
I used to be wayyyyyyyy against it but ended up trying it once and it isn't that bad. I'm not a stoner or anything, I'll smoke it if offered to me at parties though. Not really a big deal imo (if it's just used as a party drug)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I used to be wayyyyyyyy against it but ended up trying it once and it isn't that bad. I'm not a stoner or anything, I'll smoke it if offered to me at parties though. Not really a big deal imo (if it's just used as a party drug)
It's a terrible party drug. Far better for when you want to do something actually interesting.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
yeah because it's just that much more harmful if it's used to unwind after a hard day of work. dolt.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
weed is bad and frowned upon is society, look at the addicts. Do you really want to look like that?

lolokay

HSC
not a good idea if you're young (up to 15, I think the studies say?)
if you're old enough, then there's nothing really bad about it (afaikafaik), apart from it being illegal

yay i add nothing to conversation!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
^smoking anything is going to be bad for your lungs since, you know, they were designed to breathe in AIR

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
heh.

how old are you?

you, or someone you know will end up doing harder drugs eventually.

i've talked to quite a few number of ex-drug addicts, and they've always told me it was pot as the gateway.

and what's even more ironic is that they said 'nah man i'd never take heroin'

bio_nut

HSC
And does everyone who does pot end up a drug addict?

No.

Does doing pot force them to try harder drugs?

No.

Um, dude, I'm 20, way past that point. Nothing wrong with harder drugs though. It's an individuals choice.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
heh.

how old are you?

you, or someone you know will end up doing harder drugs eventually.

i've talked to quite a few number of ex-drug addicts, and they've always told me it was pot as the gateway.

and what's even more ironic is that they said 'nah man i'd never take heroin'
there is no evidence to suggest that weed is a gateway drug. shut up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)