Islam Discussion (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
SashatheMan said:
If you follow mohammeds words, do you consider fucking a 9 year old as a right thing to do. just exclude all the laws and what the society thinks otherwise. would you fuk a 9 year old?
If a female has reached the age of puberty, and i get married to this female, then i dont see whats wrong with having intercourse. She's my wife, and she's reached the age of puberty!

veteradoogy tried to justify his actions saying it was ecceptable back in those days. Isnt he the one that created this rules that people should follow, so the only reason he made it acceptable is becuase he was a pedaphile and had enough power to include his sick fantasies as acceptable.
Mohammad (peace be upon him) was not a pedophile as u claim, once again two points:

1. she had reached the age of puberty
2. she was his wife at the time!

that is not pedophilia when the 9 yr old women is ur wife!

hmm.

more truth about Muhammeds nice treatment of wives.

Al Hadis, Vol. 1, p. 212 (65), Iyas-b-Abdullah reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "Don't beat the maids of Allah." Then Omar came to Muhammed and said, "Women have become daring against their husbands." So Muhammed allowed them to beat them. Attested by Abu Daud.

Al Hadis, Vol. 1, p. 738 Abul Malih reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "Circumcision is Sunnat (required by Islamic law) for males and optional for females." Attested by Ahmad and Baihaqi. This is in the form of a clitoridectomy (carving away of the clitoris) for girls, which makes sure they never experience climax during intercourse, or, in the case of infibulation, the girl's vulva is sewn shut until it is cut open at the time of marriage. This is what the gentle Prophet of Allah allowed!

damn he loves his wives
I am yet to confirm the authenticity of the book ur using, first of all u quoted this hadith:

"During a Jihad expedition (holy war) Muhammed's men came to him very frustrated. As reported in Al Hadis, Vol. 2, p. 686, Ibn Masud reported, "We were fighting with the Messenger of Allah, and our wives were not with us. We asked the Messenger of Allah, 'Should we castrate ourselves?' The Holy Prophet forbade us from that, and then he allowed us Muta (temporary) marriage. So, we all married wives for a fixed time (usually three days) for the dowry of a piece of cloth." Attested by agreement. "

Muta, known as Jawaaz muta in Arabic, is not allowed in Islam... there is one sect I think that does indeed practice this kind of marriage, but the prophet Muhammad certainly did not, and most muslims agree on the fact that it is Haram! (forbidden). Since the Prophet Muhammad did not practice Jawaaz Muta, I believe the ahadith that ur quoting are not authentic!!!

I hope i can get confirmation pritty soon, but until then, please dont quote more ahadiths from the book "Al Hadis"..thanks SashtheMan!

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC

mr EaZy

HSC
mr EaZy said:
A) u mean why does our religion forbid people killing each other, from stealing etc...
why does it promote tolerance of other people of different faiths etc etc

B) and what u said why does it promote praying, charity, righteous actions etc?
and forbid dating, SEX!! and drunkeness, smoking, suicide etc?

for A) You can see that u dont have to be a muslim to conform to those requirements, we have over time, accepted the idea that to live in a civilised manner, we too need to be civilised so as to judge the uncivilised amongst us- the killers etc. If you go to countries like trinidad and tobago where muslims and christians live side by side and have done so for a few hundred years, where some family members are muslims , others are christians, and no one really cares about it... then you will understand what tolerance is.

had islam guided the first settlers of this country we wouldnt have had such a trashy concept of terra nullius in the first place - and muslims did visit Australia and established a few mosques in the NT and WA- and the Aborigines didnt mind it at all, and some intermarriages did take place. its all about understanding each other at a mutually benefical level

for B) What islam promotes is between me and God. So if u dont like it, or refuse to believe in God, then thats your choice- what am i supposed to do? debate with you just coz u cant tolerate the fact that my beliefs are incompatible with yours??

As for what islam forbids, or what the Prophet Muhammad - May Allah bestow upon him Peace and His Blessings- had advised us to stay away from, ill do it.

you probably recognise from the news and media sources that we as muslims will rise up to any challenge pressed upon us- like we took on the communists for cryin out loud. So we stand up for justice, go against the wishes of tyrants and invasions, because we are God fearing- we fear God, and Dont fear the invaders- what does this mean? - read on

we should stand up for justice even if its against our own selves - that is a quote from the 'quran' (English- translated v ofcourse)... so if the super power decides to invade, muslims dont care who is the invader- but they will repel the invasion..

God tells us to stand for justice, to defend our borders, to refrain from our desires etc etc... we listen to God, rather than TV slogans that say "obey ur thirst" (im generalising i know)

Is your life all about Sex , smoking, drinking beer?? if so.. then which kinda junkie are u?

look around the muslim world, and see the variations of muslims there are,

go to malaysia, singapore, tanzania, spain, the UAE (emirates) turkey, China and see the muslims there and you tell me if we are a homogenous community.

you are missing out on the bigger things in life, and looking for the smaller issues such as pre marital sex and alcohol. in a way -that just reflects who you are doesnt it?? tell me if i didnt just comit the offence of ad hominem please.

As for defending our borders- assume from ur athiest perspective, that there is a utpopia of everything- like political stability etc... but outside there is also many different civilisations, all with there pros and cons, but with different cultures etc. is not your civilisation worth defending? why let your people die at the hands of oppressors? so that was the situation of the early muslims, and they dealt with their enemies accordingly- with most of their enemies seeing this utopia and becoming muslims themselves although they used to hate it whole- heartedly.

1) we are not homogenous, our acts of worship are and our attitudes to life are similar but we have diff lifestyles

2) some muslim countries where muslims were pinned down by apartheid , and colonial rule in india and south africa- do have a culture of preaching - which is carried out by people who are skilled, and they target christians who formerly ruled them. but elsewhere... muslims preach by behaving as muslims and if others are interested they will come.

how does it create diverse lifestyles? think about it.

when u convert to islam - u are still the same person.
ur family and family traditions stay the same
only u make adjustments to cater for a new faith
so this broadens the scope of personalities of the islamic community

the ideology u gained as a child still stays there- bring me a psychologist who disagrees. the new ideology builds up on that

i met a convert who used to be an athiest who told me he's still got good ties with families, still goes fishing (he invited me too :) ) and enjoys life, just that he has made alterations to his outlook on life thats all.. and he feels more fulfilled.

u cant tell him he's stupid- u have no right to! its his choice okay! and it increased the diversity of what u get in the islamic community

what are u talking about i dont know.

this message is to the capt pig - not anyone else
bring the part of the Quran so i can know what ur talking about.
but u never even read it in arabic, so how can u decide what it really means
if ur smart, find an interpretation of that verse coz its in arabic and tell me if the author tells me to kill u or not

islam allows us to defend our homeland

our afghan brothers defendeed australia from the Japanese in WW2- that was jihad and give thanks for the Quran

ur not an intellectual so ill leave u with a site of what intellectuals had to say about the Quran:

http://www.al-sunnah.com/call_to_islam/articles/what_they_say_about_islaam.html

if u are truly open minded, you will scroll down that site and read it, and try to read what is said from a muslim perspective: criticize what evangels have said, try to see the usefulness for a God fearing person

cheers :cool:

just incase my large thread was overlooked ... lol!

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Al Hadis, Vol. 1, p. 212 (65), Iyas-b-Abdullah reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "Don't beat the maids of Allah." Then Omar came to Muhammed and said, "Women have become daring against their husbands." So Muhammed allowed them to beat them. Attested by Abu Daud.

Al Hadis, Vol. 1, p. 738 Abul Malih reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "Circumcision is Sunnat (required by Islamic law) for males and optional for females." Attested by Ahmad and Baihaqi. This is in the form of a clitoridectomy (carving away of the clitoris) for girls, which makes sure they never experience climax during intercourse, or, in the case of infibulation, the girl's vulva is sewn shut until it is cut open at the time of marriage. This is what the gentle Prophet of Allah allowed!
in all my life i have never read the second one, and i have never heard of al hadis among the highly acknowledged books. however for the first one, if it is true, the prophet has also said to beat them with a piece of grass/cloth/side of your abayah. physician may fix this, because i am not sure which of those ahadith in which these were quoted are the authentic ones, but i know one of them is, because i dont read much books which are full of fabricated works.

well first of all he married someone who was 6, becuase he obviously had a sexual erge towards her. waiting till she was 9 is only so that he doesnt look like a complete freak to the people. we are told that he only had sex with her when she was 9, it doesnt say he didnt do other sexual acts to her before that.
i am still waiting for details of the narrator and which book you got it from, cos i have learnt all my life that she was 9, and you havent learnt for long. now who would you believe? a bunch of authentic narrations, where the chain of narrators are all trustworthy, or a chain which has a few fabricating narrators, and the narration chain is broken? i will assume this until you give information to prove otherwise.

Last edited:
HSC
mr EaZy said:
Is your life all about Sex , smoking, drinking beer?? if so.. then which kinda junkie are u?
Ad hominem, but I'm going to respond to it anyway. I enjoy drinking. I enjoy sex. They are not my entire life but rather they serve to supplement the other aspects of it.

In fact I'm off to have sex with a pig now while smoking vodka.

Bye!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Capitalist Pig said:
Ad hominem, but I'm going to respond to it anyway. I enjoy drinking. I enjoy sex. They are not my entire life but rather they serve to supplement the other aspects of it.

In fact I'm off to have sex with a pig now while smoking vodka.

Bye!
Knowing you, calculon, it's likely to be pre-marital sex with a male pig, too.

heybraham

HSC
mr EaZy said:
Yep translating the Quran would be editing it- thats why we read it in arabic
The jews read their texts in hebrew
the christians on the other hand read their texts in various languages so your argument does hold for that religion.

All scholars will say: "the translated version of the Quran is Not the Quran"

And the Quran itself says more or less (as i am translating :) ) : "And We have revealed the Quran to you in Arabic"

And The Quran itself is poetry, pleasant to listen to- when you translate it to english- it doesnt sound as good as it is in Arabic and the richness of the meaning is lost as well... and we call any translated work: "an interpretation of the Quran or Tafseer "
i believe the quran has been altered, and changing into poetry at a later date. after mohammed's time. i trust the inconsistencies of the bible more than the polished quran. it's kind of like an over-produced album if u asked me.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
heybraham said:
i believe the quran has been altered, and changing into poetry at a later date. after mohammed's time. i trust the inconsistencies of the bible more than the polished quran. it's kind of like an over-produced album if u asked me.
i think both the bible and the Quran have been edited , changed and parts deleted by many people in all these years.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i believe so to, as if they have not been altered, how many generations have passed? people talk, people change wording and people change topics, theres nothin more to it.

physician

HSC
sparkl3z said:
i believe so to, as if they have not been altered, how many generations have passed? people talk, people change wording and people change topics, theres nothin more to it.

The Quran has not been altered. Not one word of it has been touched.

how has it been preserved?

simple really, children as young as 8, teens, adults etc. memorise the entire Quran word for word, and have been doing so for generation after generation, The Quran is still the same as the time when it was revealed to the prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) ....

Do ur research... believing that the Quran we have today is different to that revealed 1400+ yrs ago, is merely a sign of ignorance.. and is backed up by no such fact what so ever!...

If u choose not to believe this, well thats ur loss, but this is the truth, and whether u THINK its the truth or not, does not change anything!

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i have did my research, you don't know my background....if it hadnt been altered there would not be so much different sources saying many different things about the same thing that they all believe in.

physician

HSC
sparkl3z said:
i have did my research, you don't know my background....if it hadnt been altered there would not be so much different sources saying many different things about the same thing that they all believe in.
different sources?

were refring to the actual text, go to Iraq, America, China, Russia, Africa, Brazil, Germany ....
anywhere around the globe, u'll see that MUSLIMS use the same Quran, word for word (Im nor reffering to translations of the Quran, Im speaking about the original Quran written in arabic)

Go to a hafiz (one who has memorised the Quran in full) anywhere around the world, u will see that they have memorised the same Quran word for word!

Just a brief reading to add to ur research:

Thousands of the Companions of the Prophet learned the Qur'an directly from the Prophet (pbuh). They memorized it and were known in Islamic history as huffaadh (the memorizers and preservers of the Qur'an). Moreover, a number of Companions wrote it down during the lifetime of the Prophet (peace be upon him), and it was compiled in its entirety immediately after his death.

The following generation of Muslims learned the Qur’an directly from the Companions. Thus the chain of teaching and learning through direct contact continued systematically, methodically, and meticulously until the present age.

Additionally, several of the Companions of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) were appointed as scribes to record the words of the revelation directly from the Prophet himself on parchment, leather, or whatever else was available. The most famous of these scribes was Zayd ibn Thabit, who also memorized the entire Qur’an, and he formed with the others a community of huffaadh that can be compared to academic societies of our present time.

We know the Qur’an was recorded in totality during the lifetime of the Prophet (pbuh) and the different surahs (chapters) personally arranged by him. Many copies of the text were used for study and teaching, even in Mecca before the Hijrah, the migration to Medina.

The entire Qur’an was written down during the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad, and trusting the fact that many scholars knew it by heart, it was not collected in one volume. It was personally arranged by him, and the Muslims memorized it in the same order. The companion Uthman reported that whenever a new verse was revealed, the Prophet would immediately call a scribe to record it. He would instruct the person to put the specific verse or verses in a particular chapter.

Furthermore, every year during the month of Ramadan, the Prophet would recite the whole Qur’an from beginning to end in its present-day arrangement, and everyday people could hear it from his own lips in the mosque. Its sequence is no mystery. Many of the Companions not only memorized it completely, they also wrote it down and even added commentary (tafseer) on their own personal copies. When the Prophet passed away, the whole Qur’an was already written down, but it was not yet compiled in book form.

During the rule of the first Caliph Abu Bakr, there was a rebellion among some distant Arab tribes that resulted in a series of fierce battles. In one particular battle, a number Companions who had memorized the Qur’an were killed. The Companion Omar worried that the knowledge of the Qur’an was in danger, thus he convinced Abu Bakr that the Qur’an should be compiled into book form as a means of preserving it once and for all.

Zayd bin Thabit was entrusted with this important task. Zayd followed strict methods in his compilation and had dozens of other huffaadh recheck his work to ensure its accuracy. Abu Bakr, who had also committed the entire Qur’an to memory, approved of the final product. After Abu Bakr passed away, the copy was passed to the Caliph ‘Omar, and then Uthman.

However as the Muslim world expanded into lands where the people spoke Arabic as a second language, the new Muslims had a difficult time learning the correct pronunciation of the text. The Caliph Uthman consulted other Companions, and they agreed that official copies of the Qur’an should be inscribed using only the pronunciation of the Quraysh tribe, the Arabic dialect that the Prophet spoke.

Zayd bin Thabit was again given this assignment, and three other huffaadh were assigned to help him in the task. Together, the four scribes borrowed the original, complete copy of the Qur’an, duplicated it manually many times over, and then distributed them to all of the major Muslim cities within the empire. Two of these copies still exist today:
one is in Istanbul and the other in Tashkent.

One must keep in mind that in traditional learning in the Arab world, transmission was based upon an oral tradition as well as a written one; the Arabs (and later all Muslims) excelled in accurately reporting scripture, poetry, aphorisms, etc. through the generations without change. Similarly, the chain of huffaadh was never broken, and thus the Qur'an today has reached us in two forms: the memorized version transmitted through the scholarly chain, and the written version based upon the Companions’ initial recording.

If the Qur’an had been changed, there would be huge discrepancies between these two today, as the Qur’an has reached isolated (and sometimes illiterate) communities through the memorized form of transmission without the written form to correct it. No such discrepancies have ever been recorded or reported. In other words, isolated village A in African Mali and isolated village B in Afghanistan will both produce contemporary huffaadh reciting the same words of the Qur’an, though they did not learn from a similar printing of the scripture nor has there ever been a concerted international effort to rectify would-be discrepancies.

Allah has said in the Qur’an that He alone will protect His book, and indeed He has kept His promise. The Qur’an that we read today contains the same exact words that were revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) over 1400 years ago. This is quite a miracle, especially when you consider that no other group of people can say that their book has not been subject to change by the time it reached the present generation.

Only the Qur’an has survived through the centuries unchanged, and the language in which it was revealed, classical Arabic, still enjoys practical usage around the world. While classic English of the 14th century can be understand by very few native English speakers, the Qur’an can be understood by the vast majority of Arabic-speaking Muslims. When compared to other scriptures, the Qur’an is unique in these two respects.

Furthermore, from the prolific arts that have accompanied Qur’anic learning and transmission, we can learn of the auspiciousness and honor with which the Muslims have traditionally held the Qur’an. The visual arts of calligraphy and binding, and the vocal art of recitation represent examples of such arts, and from them we can see that veracity of transmission would be understood as a fundamental aspect of Qur’anic reverence.

Last edited:

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Oh god you're obsessed with defending a lost cause.
Islam is not a lost cause.....1.5 billion others agree with me on this point.

mr EaZy

HSC
heybraham said:
Bring your proof if you are truthful

with the bible- you can just turn to the introduction of the RSV (Revised standard edition of the bible) to know that it has needed editing... thats my substantiation of my beliefs on the bible

but u have no proof

the Quran challenged people like you to bring something better than it. and all the disbelievers in arabia... then and now... and people like you have ever since... failed!! sadly..

to the people who've embarked on a campaign of slurring against the Quran - your cause is a lost cause

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
zahid said:
Islam is not a lost cause.....1.5 billion others agree with me on this point.
well christians have 2.1 billion i think they have a larger legion of followers and hence are stronger and as the common belief goes, strongest ones wins. So ismal is a lost cuase. so christianity receives glorious gold medal and islam receives shameful silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)