Islamic woman and licence photo (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Dr_Gorgeous said:
In South Australia, an Islamic woman was allowed to wear her religious dress while getting her licence photo taken. However, it is debated that she is breaking the law, because her identity is concealed. What are you're thoughts. should she have to obey the law regarding ID like everybody else?
"However, it is debated that she is breaking the law, because her identity is concealed."

That is incorrect. Is is NOT debated. She IS breaking the law:

1) Her identity is concealed
2) Concealing identity on license photos is breaking the law
3) She is breaking the law

What is debated is whether or not an exception should be made for her.

Personally, I can see absolutely no justification for why she should be allowed an exemption. Her license should be revoked pending a legal ID photo.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
This is Australia. We have photo ID's. If you aren't willing to show your face in a photo ID then go live somewhere else where you don't have to.

And I am assuming this is one of the completely face covering ones, not just the headscarft. It would be equivalent to me wearing a mask to get my licence photo taken. I wouldn't be allowed to do that, so why should someone else.

The line has to be drawn between being accepting of other cultures and just telling them to fuck off. The line is drawn here.

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
if the photo conceals her face, then i agree with slide rule. if it's just hair, who cares.

probably the former, and if it is, i'm shocked at the stupidity of the rta (or whatever it's called in SA).

Kulazzi

HSC
She should not conceal her face entirely. As most people have mentioned this is more of an arab cultural practice, Islam only recommends covering your whole body with your face, hands and feet showing. That's it. It doesn't say to cover half your face :rolleyes:

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
i had to take my turban off... i was no longer known as 'turbo turban'...

spell check

HSC
i do think religion is stupid

but considering she is likely to be wearing the head scarf if she was pulled over by the police or anything anyway, i don't see the problem if her face is visible

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Umm.. because when she gets pulled over by the cops, they're obviously going to ask her to take off her head scarf so they can identify her with her picture.

Mumma

HSC
If shes going to cover her face and be a wahabbi she might as well go to saudia arabia where they arnt even allowed to drive. Seriously what the fuck.

tempco

HSC
joujou_84 said:
hows she planning on driving while she has her face covered??
veil doesn't cover the eyes. unless you're real hardxcore.

0Jade0

HSC
Well if they police pull her over and she isn't wearing the head scarf, then bingo... it isn't her.

Abdallah

the fact that the diver's licence was processed clearly shows that the government has no problem with it, so in conclusion this thread was a waste of time.....

p.s i am not against everyone yet people should really get over it and people who wish to be religious should have compasion for the rules and regulations.

sugared plum

HSC
that's weird.
the other week i saw a move about afghanistan, and there was a woman who'd lost use of both legs, and wanted to get a pension or something.
so she went to this place, and had her photo taken, and for the photograph she removed her total face covering in front of the male photographer etc

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
she should definitely show her face in the photo, otherwise it's not photo id because anyone can dress like her

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
iambored said:
she should definitely show her face in the photo, otherwise it's not photo id because anyone can dress like her
I agree .

X

xeuyrawp

Well I want to go to her Islamic country and drink Vodka, smoke weed, and fuck heaps of Islamic bitches on the street till they scream.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
in reguards to this topic
for the muslims
nicab which is the face veil isnt entirely cultural
there is 4 mathhabs
which u follow
shafee hanbal hanifee and malik
schools of thought
now 3 of those mathhabs say nicab is compulsary and one says its not only hejab is
so its not cultural
they all have proofs in the koran and hadith to back up their statement

about this lady who has her license
thats rediculous
i dont even know why she bothered..and why the rta or whatever let her
wtf
my friend wanted to wear nicab..then she remembered she couldnt drive that way..so she didnt...because u simply..cant drive with your face covered and you cant be identified
so yeah..if u want2 wear nicab in australia ur gonna have to be like saudi where the women cant even drive

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
soha said:
in reguards to this topic
for the muslims
nicab which is the face veil isnt entirely cultural
there is 4 mathhabs
which u follow
shafee hanbal hanifee and malik
schools of thought
now 3 of those mathhabs say nicab is compulsary and one says its not only hejab is
so its not cultural
they all have proofs in the koran and hadith to back up their statement

about this lady who has her license
thats rediculous
i dont even know why she bothered..and why the rta or whatever let her
wtf
my friend wanted to wear nicab..then she remembered she couldnt drive that way..so she didnt...because u simply..cant drive with your face covered and you cant be identified
so yeah..if u want2 wear nicab in australia ur gonna have to be like saudi where the women cant even drive
It is cultural, because religious practices are generally derived from the culture at the time the religion was established.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)