• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (2 Viewers)

R.G.

HSC
im not imply that israel bombs or attacks anyone they see as a threat
but when in the streets of israel if people see anyone suspcious or anything they call police straight away, those people who have caused the need for so much suspicion were muslims who believed strongly in taking their life and others would land them in paradise. Those people are a threat

R.G.

HSC
Hybr!d said:
Here you go..

Following World War II, the British withdrew from their mandate of Palestine, and the UN partitioned the area into Arab and Jewish states, an arrangement rejected by the Arabs. Subsequently, the Israelis defeated the Arabs in a series of wars without ending the deep tensions between the two sides. The territories occupied by Israel since the 1967 war are not included in the Israel country profile, unless otherwise noted. On 25 April 1982, Israel withdrew from the Sinai pursuant to the 1979 Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty. Israel and Palestinian officials signed on 13 September 1993 a Declaration of Principles (also known as the "Oslo Accords") guiding an interim period of Palestinian self-rule. Outstanding territorial and other disputes with Jordan were resolved in the 26 October 1994 Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace. In addition, on 25 May 2000, Israel withdrew unilaterally from southern Lebanon, which it had occupied since 1982. In keeping with the framework established at the Madrid Conference in October 1991, bilateral negotiations were conducted between Israel and Palestinian representatives and Syria to achieve a permanent settlement. In April 2003, US President BUSH, working in conjunction with the EU, UN, and Russia - the "Quartet" - took the lead in laying out a roadmap to a final settlement of the conflict by 2005, based on reciprocal steps by the two parties leading to two states, Israel and a democratic Palestine. However, progress toward a permanent status agreement was undermined by Palestinian-Israeli violence between September 2000 and February 2005. An agreement reached at Sharm al-Sheikh in February 2005 significantly reduced the violence. The election in January 2005 of Mahmud ABBAS as the new Palestinian leader following the November 2004 death of Yasir ARAFAT, the formation of a Likud-Labor-United Torah Judaism coalition government in January 2005, and the successful Israeli disengagement from the Gaza Strip (August-September 2005), presented an opportunity for a renewed peace effort. However, internal Israeli political events between October and December 2005 have destabilized the political situation and forced early elections, scheduled for March 2006.
I know the facts, doesnt explain why you believe the land shouldnt be Israels??
And i would say anyone who says they are going to wipe out a country is a terrorist organisation, the worl knows it, i think you should too.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
R.G. said:
im not imply that israel bombs or attacks anyone they see as a threat
but when in the streets of israel if people see anyone suspcious or anything they call police straight away, those people who have caused the need for so much suspicion were muslims who believed strongly in taking their life and others would land them in paradise. Those people are a threat
You made the "any muslim can be a threat" statement in reference to the civilians who were killed by an Israeli missile who were fleeing north in an attempt to justify it.

You've failed. Suicide bombers in Palestine have nothing to do with Hezbollah

R.G.

HSC
Jordan.J said:
You made the "any muslim can be a threat" statement in reference to the civilians who were killed by an Israeli missile who were fleeing north in an attempt to justify it.

You've failed. Suicide bombers in Palestine have nothing to do with Hezbollah
I was actually making a general statement when i said it, that israel has to be careful of who they trust.

I agree i think it was pretty bad wording of what i wanted to say and i made it politically incorrect.

deegee

HSC
Jordan.J said:
Comments like "any muslim can be a threat" wont ease the situation. It makes it worse, and certainly if the Israeli government treats any muslim like a threat then WWIII will break loose
its quite ironic that you say that..YOU are not involved in the situation so its easy for u to sit there TYPING while people are being blown up. why don't you go do some primary research...israel's last resort is violence. they put up a fence to keep suicide bombers out... but the muslims felt dehumanised and the media comes along and puts a bit of bias into the situation.. so some people like u feel sorry 4 them. "ANY MUSLIMS CAN BE A THREAT"...suicide bombers dress up as religious jews in discuise all the time. what do you suppose israel does? trust the enemy?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I'm sick of listening to people completely blurt out what they 'believe' is happening in Lebanon and Israel.

I think I already explained, that even though the IDF may have 'competent' precision and intelligence they've been asked to follow simple guidelines and also to 'provoke' Hezbollah response by bombing semi-populated villages.

This war didn't start for the Shebaa farms or even the Israeli nation. It was a group of people who charitably build their country, help their community and defend the 'people' of Lebanon from any Foreign threat.

Israel had the responsibility to negotiate with these potentially 'dangerous' people yet they failed too. Israel knows the inevitability of the prisoner negotiations and they know that they may have to release a number of prisoners in order to gurantee the safe return of the 2 soldiers which were captured.

As was said to me the IDF's main objective are to destroy 'Hezbollah' and make an example of the organisation. The tactics they're using are pretty unconventional and in no way represent their capability for 'tactical strikes', they're trying to aggravate Hezbollah responses. (The IDF never underestimated Hezbollahs tactics or efficiency, just their organisation and discipline.)

Attacks are co-ordinated via 'internet/mobile' and therefore are uninterceptibale. (Otherwise you would expect an intelligence buff to intercept this kind of intelligence... or I may be 'overshooting' the Israeli capability.)

They haven't put a dent in Hezbollah. (But, I've heard from people on the Battle Front that they're running out of ammunition).

Many people aren't seeing the effects of this war, and even though discussing the 'actual war' as opposed to the 'diplomacy' may be alot more interesting. War between these 2 countries only causes destruction. (Especially since both sides aren't even developing proper counter attack methods). They're both just lobbing these missiles into each others country, (Israel using artillery and Hezbollah using short-ranged missiles and RPG's).

Unfortunately, we need to realise that loss of life benefits no one. The reality is this ordeal can end in a variety of ways but i'll suggest the 'best' way for the safety and future of the children of both sovereign states.

1- Immediate Cease-Fire
2- Prisoner Negotiations [Prisoner Trade]
3- Discuss the 'Shebaa Farms' and and International Border Patrol. (Foreign Forces to Monitor Border Activity
4- Discuss the Integration of Hezbollah into the Government/Military.
5- Disarm all Hezbollah (Gun Charges)
6- (

This step is very controversial but just like any war one country needs to take the responsibility of the escalation of hostilities and not working towards a cessation of hostilities. For arguments sake, we say that Israel was the main aggressor and responded 'disproportionately', then they would have to discuss some sort of method to aid in rebuilding the Lebanese infrastructure and economy.)

Maybe that way both nations can co-exist peacefully. Lebanon - Israel, neighbours. The Light in the Middle East (If Israel and Lebanon can't settle their differences then there is no hope for the rest of the middle east).

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
deegee said:
its quite ironic that you say that..YOU are not involved in the situation so its easy for u to sit there TYPING while people are being blown up. why don't you go do some primary research...israel's last resort is violence. they put up a fence to keep suicide bombers out... but the muslims felt dehumanised and the media comes along and puts a bit of bias into the situation.. so some people like u feel sorry 4 them. "ANY MUSLIMS CAN BE A THREAT"...suicide bombers dress up as religious jews in discuise all the time. what do you suppose israel does? trust the enemy?
I can see the hatred you have in your post. You have an "us vs them" attitude.

I pity you because you cant see thats its people with attitude like yours that contribute to the cycle of violence

In no way can you or Israel justify the bombing of civilians fleeing north, or ambulances carrying injured civilians bombed by Israel. Thats what this argument was about. Yet what i get in return is "any muslim can be a threat" in an attempt to justify it. Then I get a whole lecture about suicide bombers, this thread is about the Lebanon/Israeli crisis not the Palestinian/Israeli conflict.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
sam04u, another condition should be for Israel to give the Lebanese government maps to landmines Israel left behind after their withdrawal.

The issue of international force is touchy. Which side should it be? On both?
Who should lead it? NATO or U.N?
It will be best if the U.S isnt involved in this force, or if they are they should be on the Israeli side of the border

The other condition of the disarmament and integration of Hezbollah is alot harder than you may think. If the people in south Lebanon feel that Israel is still a threat (this war shows they are) then they wouldnt want them disarmed. Integration into the Lebanese army is a better soloution and more practical. Forcing them to disarm might even cause civil war.

This is why a ceasefire and negotiations right away is very important. But the problem is the U.S is blocking any plans of that. This war will continue as long as the U.S want it to.

deegee

HSC
Jordan.J said:

I pity you because you cant see thats its people with attitude like yours that contribute to the cycle of violence

In no way can you or Israel justify the bombing of civilians fleeing north, or ambulances carrying injured civilians bombed by Israel. Thats what this argument was about. Yet what i get in return is "any muslim can be a threat" in an attempt to justify it. Then I get a whole lecture about suicide bombers, this thread is about the Lebanon/Israeli crisis not the Palestinian/Israeli conflict.
On the contrary, when you give a biased, one-sided response, you make it about us and them. Why is it that you speak only of the innocent in Lebanon, but not the innocent in Israel? Bombs do not discriminate. Israelis and Lebanese bleed and die alike. Do you realise that these bombings are a retaliation of the first bomb that was blown up - and who was the initiator? don't you think any responsibility should be taken for that first act of agression? its ignorant to deny that one musn't be weary of the enemy. ANY COUNTRY IS ENTITLED TO PROTECT THEMSELVES WHEN ATTACKED!

deegee

HSC
Jordan.J said:

On the contrary, when you give a biased, one-sided response, you make it about us and them. Why is it that you speak only of the innocent in Lebanon, but not the innocent in Israel? Bombs do not discriminate. Israelis and Lebanese bleed and die alike. Do you realise that these bombings are a retaliation of the first bomb that was blown up - and who was the initiator? don't you think any responsibility should be taken for that first act of agression? its ignorant to deny that one musn't be weary of the enemy. ANY COUNTRY IS ENTITLED TO PROTECT THEMSELVES WHEN ATTACKED!

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Jordan, I never argued that Hezbollah should not be able to defend their country. As, 'deegee' said every country has the right to defend themselves. But, even though I like what Hezbollah has done for Lebanon in the past. I don't like the idea of any group who are not apart of the government to have weapons of any sort. (then you have ordeals like this one here, where they fight out of a country like a proxy and only the country suffers collaterally).

I think my solution for this situation is perhaps beneficial for both sides and may set the pace for other countries in the Middle East to come to an agreement.

Last edited:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
sasha0101 "ive stated what i need to say in the last 47 pages"

correct, youve stated more insults than anything else youve posted, even on the little stuff that made remote sense.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Jordan.J said:
Comments like "any muslim can be a threat" wont ease the situation. It makes it worse, and certainly if the Israeli government treats any muslim like a threat then WWIII will break loose
In which case the arabs will get their asses supremely kicked from the middle ages back to the stone age, why not welcome it?

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
deegee said:
Im opening the eyes of people who support the Israeli agression. They seem to think that all of Israel's action is justified.

I dont see many people defending Hezbollah, just people who want a ceasefire.

ANY COUNTRY IS ENTITLED TO PROTECT THEMSELVES WHEN ATTACKED!
and right now Israel is attacking Lebanon

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Jordan, I never argued that Hezbollah should not be able to defend their country. As, 'deegee' said every country has the right to defend themselves. But, even though I like what Hezbollah has done for Lebanon in the past. I don't like the idea of any group who are not apart of the government to have weapons of any sort. (then you have ordeals like this one here, where they fight out of a country like a proxy and only the country suffers collaterally).

I think my solution for this situation is perhaps beneficial for both sides and may set the pace for other countries in the Middle East to come to an agreement.
What I was saying before was not for Hezbollah to stay armed. That will most likely be against one of the conditions of a truce. But my point is it will take time to disarm/integrate them. They've been active for more than 20 years, that will create so much inertia. A gradual intergration into the Lebanese army will best suit the situation.

Im at happy that this thread has moved on from the 'blame game' to finding a soloution to the conflict.

deegee

HSC
Jordan.J said:
Im opening the eyes of people who support the Israeli agression. They seem to think that all of Israel's action is justified.

I dont see many people defending Hezbollah, just people who want a ceasefire.

and right now Israel is attacking Lebanon
ISRAEL IS ATTACKING LEBANON? i thought hebollah attacked israel first? you mean israel is defending itself in retaliation to being attacked first, don't you? either way the bombings are 2 sided, so its hypocritical to blame israel and not Hezbollah, so don't call me biased.

i just saw a comment on fox news, hezbolah is wrong to believe 10000 rockets can break the israeli spirit. Hezbolah is defending lebanon, from these israeli attacks. Hezbolahs little ventures into israel kidnapping israeli soldiers are because israel is holding lebanese people, hezbolah has put so much effort into helping lebanon, building infrastructure and providing aid, does sound like an organisation who wanted to have a war with Israel? Even Chirac recognizes hezbolah as a resistance, not a terroist group.

wat my point is, hezbolah doesnt just go in suiciding killing israelis, they have reasons for wat they do, this could have been solved diplomatically, israelis war has only caused havoc on both sides. u can now see hizbolahs response, after lebanon was attacked. They werent firing katchucha rockets at Haifa before, maybe then i could understand, but now Israel is saying the reasons they are attacking is because of these rocket attacks! They only started them after bombing beirut.

jenzipoo

HSC
to the idiot who said hezbollah has never attacked anywhere but israel whiel defending the south of lebanon...the same idiot that claimed israel doesnt have a right to exist...dig a hole and live there

Allegations of specific terrorist attacks

Hezbollah is believed by the United States and some other countries' intelligence agencies to have kidnapped and tortured to death U.S. Marine Colonel William R. Higgins and the CIA Station Chief in Beirut, William Francis Buckley without incontrovertible evidence, [80] and to have kidnapped around 30 other Westerners between 1982 and 1992, including U.S. journalist Terry Anderson, British journalist John McCarthy, the Archbishop of Canterbury's special envoy Terry Waite and Irish citizen Brian Keenan.[81] Hezbollah was accused by the US government of being responsible for the April 1983 bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut that killed 63; of being behind the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing, a suicide truck bombing that killed 241 U.S. Marines in their barracks in Beirut in October 1983; of bombing the replacement U.S. Embassy in East Beirut on September 20, 1984, killing 20 Lebanese and two U.S. soldiers; and of carrying out the 1985 hijacking of TWA Flight 847 en route from Athens to Rome. These accusations are denied by Hezbollah.[82]
It is claimed that Hezbollah had a hand in the terrorist attacks in Argentina in 1992 and 1994: the Israeli Embassy Attack in Buenos Aires and the AMIA Bombing, respectively.[83][84] Hezbollah denies these claims.[85]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah

to Jordan. J

ure 'improvement' ont he prporsal to "peace" is not legitmate beacuse israel cannot leave leabon with hezbollah fighters still holding weapons!!! they will be attacked in no time...second of all why does israel need external troops on its side of the border??? because of the o so many rockets they fire into lebanon...cmon

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
i just saw a comment on fox news, hezbolah is wrong to believe 10000 rockets can break the israeli spirit. Hezbolah is defending lebanon, from these israeli attacks. Hezbolahs little ventures into israel kidnapping israeli soldiers are because israel is holding lebanese people, hezbolah has put so much effort into helping lebanon, building infrastructure and providing aid, does sound like an organisation who wanted to have a war with Israel? Even Chirac recognizes hezbolah as a resistance, not a terroist group.

wat my point is, hezbolah doesnt just go in suiciding killing israelis, they have reasons for wat they do, this could have been solved diplomatically, israelis war has only caused havoc on both sides. u can now see hizbolahs response, after lebanon was attacked. They werent firing katchucha rockets at Haifa before, maybe then i could understand, but now Israel is saying the reasons they are attacking is because of these rocket attacks! They only started them after bombing beirut.

let me explain to you in simple terms why this started...hezbollah and groups alike (including various governments) do not believe israel has the right to exist

seeing as u mention chirac ill mention john howard
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=115933
he sums it up beautifully...good ol johnny

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Important to note :

These accusations are denied by Hezbollah
Maybe not all of them.

Alot of those are prett old though, Ariel Sharon himself was part of a terrorist group. There were quite a few jewish terrorrist organisation prior to 1948. Does that make the state of Israel a terror state?

On the peace deal (something that needs to be debated more). Israel have stated they want the Lebanese army to be deployed in the south of Lebanon. If Hezbollah integrate into the Lebanese army and come under the direct comtrol of the army then whats wrong with that

I suggested that if an international force is agreed upon then it should on both the Israeli and Lebanese side. The reason being is because Israel have violated Lebanese air space for years, they've killed Lebanese shepherds on Lebanese soil, they've been caught with active Mossad cells in Lebanon which was responsible for assasinations, they have been caught up in cross border battles too.
My point is they cant be trusted too, because they're not angels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)