K-pop music fest in Sydney (2 Viewers)

HSC
Uni Grad
OMG watching the music videos... farr so many white chicks are being shown, way more than asian chicks as it seems.. :O

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
What really scares me though is the degree of fandom for kpop artists. I just feel that people who have been taken under by the 한류 wave obsessing over these artists like gods doesn't seem right. You have to put into perspective that these are people who have been "manufactured" for this purpose and I find it hard to support an industry which chooses a path like this. Nonetheless, the fact they are overworked leads me to believe that they are grounded in reality compared to their western counterparts.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty impressed by Kara's mister performance it's pretty good ;D.. I love Goo Hara's body~~~

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
What really scares me though is the degree of fandom for kpop artists. I just feel that people who have been taken under by the 한류 wave obsessing over these artists like gods doesn't seem right. You have to put into perspective that these are people who have been "manufactured" for this purpose and I find it hard to support an industry which chooses a path like this. Nonetheless, the fact they are overworked leads me to believe that they are grounded in reality compared to their western counterparts.
I think fans crying o_O is an over-reaction and a bit scaring to watch for me. Especially for SNSD i saw a few people crying O.O

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Can't say I like SNSD anymore. I don't really like the direction they've gone in.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I like how the whole broadcast seems to have been designed as a propaganda piece to show as many white people as possible liking kpop

such_such

HSC
I like how the whole broadcast seems to have been designed as a propaganda piece to show as many white people as possible liking kpop
I know right! Like, the only Asians that were shown were the ones that were next to the White people

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
haha wow there's even a shot of me in there, I guess any white person will do

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Lol some camera man was filming me for ages during The Boys but it doesn't look like im in the vid xD. Btw yes, i'm white.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)