Least favourite maths topic. (2 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
Circle Geometry, still hate tutoring it too

I hated the Financial Maths stuff because it was taught poorly by my teacher, but now that I've done it at uni it's much easier to understand.
Oh yes! Forgot about that. Yeah I hate circle geo with a passion too

Dash8

HSC
Financial maths was like my favourite thing! Why does everyone hate it? :( I thought probability was horrible....The teacher was all like "yeah this is the easiest thing in 2U so we won't spend much time on it" and everyone understood it in like 5 minutes but i had no idea....

Chubbeh

HSC
The ones which are more easily applicable to everyday life, sadly.
I could never manage to understand Permutations and Combinations, and Consumer Arithmetic has always been a pain. Conics is just... dat mess. Well I've only been through the first few parts of each syllabus so there's still a lot of Maths topics to dislike.

kev-

HSC
2U - consumer arithmetic
3U - so far it's inverse trig, have a feeling it's going to be perm and comb :(

Peeik

HSC
Consumer arithmetic (was never taught properly and clearly at school) and perms and combination (it was a new way of thinking for me and it took a long time to sink in)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
How can anyone dislike circle geometry :(
^ that.

Consumer Arithmetic - so bland.
Simple Harmonic Motion - ugh (it's probably the root of why I don't really like differential equations)
Conics - I never got the point of it, other than neat results and messy algebra

50 sense

HSC
2U: Consumer Arithmetic
3U: Newton's Method
4U: Volumes

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
3U: projectile motion, binomial theorem, and perms and combs - never understood perms and combs.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Must be the only person that liked Consumer Arithmetic-but I just loved Series and Sequence, easy as formula stuff even though the proving the series was tedious for those G.P Qs. Also anything Calculus in 2U.

I always disliked Geometry.

funstudy

HSC
3U- Perms and Combs; I think I got like most questions wrong when doing hw HAHAHA luckily, textbooks perms and combs is much harder than the HSC.
4U- Mechanics; Not a Physics person, therefore the concept of force was extremely confusing for me. Also Harder 3U because you don't learn the topic separately, they can set the level as hard as they want and some questions are so random and HARD

omgiloverice

HSC
If it makes you feel better, I really like your username.

Also, regarding the 'thank god these are only prelim topics', there is no such thing as a 'Prelim course' and 'HSC course' like there is for the Sciences etc.

Anything taught in Year 11-12 can be assessed in the HSC because different schools do things in different orders.

For example, my school did Perms + Combs in Year 11, whereas another school may do it in Year 12. Regardless, P+C surely occurs in the HSC, as well as circle geometry.
haha yea i know but perms and comb are usually worth around 1 or 2 marks and they are pretty generic, circle geometry on the other hand.... worth alot more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)