Masterchef Australia (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Aha, Chris got kicked out XD

I bet you they tossed a coin to decide whether it was Chris or Julie staying :p

HSC
Julie is there because the cookbook she has designed is economically viable to publishers. Chris and Poh's as much as their technical and culinary skills are superior in some respects, as the judges said they are "niche markets". Furthermore it should also be said that the food that was plated by Julie did actually reflect the themes she wanted to present and what will go on to be in her subsequent cookbook if she wins of cause, they met the criteria it wasn't just about the taste it was how it looked visually, because Cookbooks are distinctly visual. etc etc. Go Jules!!
And julies meals looked visually shit.
a piece of dry cake on a plate
chris had his looking much better
but im definitely going for poh, purely cause i love asian cuisine

random-1005

Banned
HSC
No, No No!!! You're all wrong!! NOT go Poh, If she wins, there is going to be an influx of complaint letters sent to Masterchef. She DOES NOT deserve to win!

GO JULIE!!!!!

lol Poh needs to lay of the drugs, or whatever it does that makes her so strange and fuked up

Alvik

HSC
How the hell is Julie still in this? Last night they were ranting about how presentation was important yet Julie serves up a triangle and they're like OH PRESENTATION ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT.

AND HOW DOES HER FOOD NOT TASTE LIKE SWEAT!?!? She drips litres of that shit into her food. It's disgusting!

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
And julies meals looked visually shit.
a piece of dry cake on a plate
chris had his looking much better
but im definitely going for poh, purely cause i love asian cuisine
I understand where your coming from but It's not just about the taste and if it was plated up in time it's how it looks, that's why Chris got eliminated. Hay said at the start when he was doing the dishes that greens, browns etc are very hard to capture with a camera while looking visually apealing. Also I do agree that things were platted up rustically, but Flourless Chocolate cake looks like anyway :S, and a sprinkling of icing sugar will just detract from the meaning she is trying to present. And again I say that Julie got through because it's not just about commercial cookery etc, it's about Channel Ten and the subsequent publishers of the cookbook of the winner, to be successful and to make money. I bet that Poh will not win, Julie will win in my belief, because her cookbook is extremely viable in a general cookbook market while in comparison the judges noted that Poh's vision was very "closed" and fitted a "niche"market. Sorry, to make a really pessimistic perspective of the show.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
:jedi:

Bullshit. Just plain old bullshit. Justine cried, Julia cried - crying is completely irrelevant to the dishes that they make and the vision that they have.

Julie may not be built for a commercial kitchen, but that's not all there is to cooking. I reckon, though she probably won't win, she still has a bright future in the whole cook-booking industry. And I thought her idea about her cook book was truly beautiful. In my opinion, she deserves her place in the final two.

Julie cries before, during and after each dish for God's sake.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
HMF said:
it's how it looks, that's why Chris got eliminated. Hay said at the start when he was doing the dishes that greens, browns etc are very hard to capture with a camera while looking visually apealing.
Yeah because Julie's brown triangle looked so fucking spectacular.

Fuck off. What a load of cunting bullshit. SHENANIGANS!

Chris is better than Masterchef anyway. Chris! Woo!

Plodygon

HSC
Julie cries before, during and after each dish for God's sake.
Lol, yeah I know. Just doesn't mean they let her through because she cries like a toddler who's dropped her ice cream. At the very beginning of finals week, Julia started crying, remember?

Predator78

HSC
Lol, yeah I know. Just doesn't mean they let her through because she cries like a toddler who's dropped her ice cream. At the very beginning of finals week, Julia started crying, remember?
I think most of them shedded some tears here and there. I know Justine did at one stage. I wanted her to win :( But she did get a offer from Matt Moran which is probaly a great offer anyway.

The final will be who can handle the pressure the most and most have cracked at certain times so it will be close.

Plodygon

HSC
Can't wait until Sunday anyway. The grand final is going to be epic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)