Movies about belonging (1 Viewer)

allykat92

HSC
Here's a few related texts that our class has suggested:

-Gran Tornio (film)
-The Green Mile (film)
-Fight Club (film)
-Shawshank Redemption (film)

I've only seen Gran Torino so far, and it is REALLY relevant ;)

allykat92

HSC
Also, Disney movies have great concepts relating to Beloning, but you shouldn't use them as a proper text because they're weak.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Green Mile. A pretty good movie too. The books better though tbqh

student6625

HSC
Would "The Prince of Egypt" be a good film to do? I actually think it works quite well for belonging but because it's a Disney cartoon, I'm a bit worried it might be too superficial.

For anyone who's seen it, how would you analyse it in terms of belonging? Would you focus more of film techniques or language techniques?

cloud watcher

HSC
im doing pursuit of happyness for belonging.... i think its great in relation to belonging as[FONT=&quot] the protagonist in the film aimes to pursue a life of happiness for the sake of his son, to maintain such a strong relationship with his son he wanted to work hard so as to ensure him and his son a sense of belonging in society.[/FONT]

Whitey_

HSC
Hey guys.....
I saw earlier in this post that someone said Billy Elliott, can you please fill me in and just give me the jist of how belonging comes up in it? I rekon its a good movie, i have the study notes for it but i cant find a convincing case for belonging in it..
Thanks heaps

Whitey_

HSC
I have just seen Blind Side with Sandra Bullock, classic example on how he used to belong.
grew up in the inner city housing projects with his mother in Memphis, Tennessee aptly named "Hurt Village". Michael's story begins with him being homeless and coming from a broken home with a drug-addicted mother, and an absentee father. Because of his family circumstances, Family Services took control of his life as he was growing up.
yada yada yada. ends up playing professional football. look it up or go to movies and watch it. Its going to be my related text for sure.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Hey guys.....
I saw earlier in this post that someone said Billy Elliott, can you please fill me in and just give me the jist of how belonging comes up in it? I rekon its a good movie, i have the study notes for it but i cant find a convincing case for belonging in it..
Thanks heaps
I'm pretty sure Billy Elliot is somewhere on the prescribed texts list for Standard English (just double check this). If this is the case then you shouldn't pick this as a related text.

samantha251192

HSC
i actually just revieved my assessment aswell where i have to submit an essay based on a flim that conveys the ideas of belonging, and the techniques in which the director uses to do this.. i am doing My Sisters Keeper. so far so good.

allykat92

HSC
im doing pursuit of happyness for belonging.... i think its great in relation to belonging as[FONT=&quot] the protagonist in the film aimes to pursue a life of happiness for the sake of his son, to maintain such a strong relationship with his son he wanted to work hard so as to ensure him and his son a sense of belonging in society.[/FONT]
Ooooh, I want to see that movie soo bad! And The Blind Side...

I watched the Shawshank Redemption a few days ago and thought it was brilliant! I've already started getting notes in relation to Belonging :p

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Hey guys.....
Thanks heaps
If you can't find a convincing case for belonging in Billy Elliot, you're screwed. That movie oozes issues of belonging.

But like Cinnamonster said, it's on the prescribed text list for Standard so it'd be best to steer clear of it anyway.

saintclare

HSC
i loved shawshank redemption! just abit confused about finding the ideas of belonging in it.

Jamez146

HSC
I'm pretty sure Billy Elliot is somewhere on the prescribed texts list for Standard English (just double check this). If this is the case then you shouldn't pick this as a related text.
Yeah Billy Elliot's a prescribed text for Into the World so you won't be able to do it as a related text.

HSC
I need to do a speech the topic is "belonging" (or not belonging) and i have to compare the book catcher in the rye with another movie. catcher in the rye is about not belonging so preferably i need a movie about not belonging that i can relate to catcher in the rye. If you have any suggestions could you also state how its to do with the topic "belonging" and what similarities there are to the book catcher in the rye. thanks heaps in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)