• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
efinitely dont want kimmorley... id rather go for monaghan(if rumours are true) than kimmorley
Yeh, Monaghan's awesome. I dnt understand how Manly are treating him like shit, like what ive read in newspapers- theyre treating him like some sort of trading object, when hes actually better than that.

**MeL**88 said:
Ricky Stuart is the best. This is just bits and pieces of what he sent to fans subscribed to the Roosters website:

Tough times are a test - not a disgrace.

The major reason the Roosters have enjoyed so much success recently is because we are a close unit and stick solid in times of adversity.

I have heard some people say “you can’t stay on top all the time” and “other clubs would love to have our record of 4 grand final appearances in 5 years”. To me, the players, coaching staff and management that is a complete cop-out, but if you want excuses you can believe it.

At the Roosters we have built up one of the greatest fan bases in the game and believe me when I say, “we are hurting at having let you down”.

Our players are hurting and that shows they have pride in themselves and the club.

I cannot guarantee a win, but I can guarantee the players and coaching staff know we must stay focussed and start the long road back this weekend.
We owe that to all our fans and sponsors in Sydney and around the country.

I am incredibly proud of what we have built – a successful footy club. I am even more proud of the fact that during this adversity we have not looked for scapegoats, we have all looked inside and know we can and must improve in so many areas to get back on top.

We can’t change what has happened this year but with your support we can start the re-building phase on Saturday night.

Thanks for your support and notes of encouragement because you, the supporters and sponsors, are the reason the Sydney Roosters are the envy of the NRL.

Isn't he the greatest? I reckon that's a great email to send to fans. It makes me even prouder to be a Roosters supporter.
Yeh i got that too Mel. Its just a way of thanking the fans, Sticky loves to build confidence. Hes done it like 8times this year, and its either to reassure us or to make sure that we do know that they appreciate our support espe cially during a time like this and its like a ressuarnce thingy. Sticky's the best, hes a beautiful man. But like the amount of emails ive gotten from Roosters- Its like 30+, whoaaa. And its not desperate, its a communication thing- he wants us to know exactly what theyre thinking and thats what a good club does/boosting morale trhough declaration of appreciation isnt desperate, its normal thing to do anyway. Just cos ur club doesnt do it, doesnt mean its 'desperate'.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
this is the reason i cant stand the roosters. they are so full of shit!!!
Pfft, we are not full of shit. And anyway, we dnt care for what YOU think cos ur a Bronco's supporter and ur full of shit too.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
kimi said:
Pfft, we are not full of shit. And anyway, we dnt care for what YOU think cos ur a Bronco's supporter and ur full of shit too.
hahahaha kimi that hurt, like seriously, that was a massive comeback. another good one would of been "it takes a person full of shit to know one"

but cmon, ricky talks alot of shit, just look at his column in the paper. he spent more time talking then winning this season

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i really wish the roosters will get over not missing the finals, they have been there for 10yrs and the whinge because they dont make the finals for one year. the rooters played crap this year and dont desrve to be in the finals so get over not making them.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
i hope kimmorleys not comming, never liked him... finch - i agree he cant play without fittler... man i thought he was gonna do well at the beginning of the season given his last season... but hes gone back peddling to be worse than when he was at the raiders. but then again hes not really in the andrew johns mode of being able to control everything, infact this pressure screws him up and he becomes shockingly one dimensional.... so maybe with anasta next to him he may play better. if not can always groom soward there... f

definitely dont want kimmorley... id rather go for monaghan(if rumours are true) than kimmorley

well at least you can see both sides......
Monaghan's a pretty decent half. Manly screwed their season with that whole fiasco. Their top 4 chances got shot, and thus their hopes of making week two of the finals are gone. They'll either be playing a night game away from home or Sunday afternoon at Suncorp Stadium ... either way, they're screwed.

Roosters have no need to buy anyone in the halves. Sell Finch to the Warriors, and pull Temata or whoever the forward happens to be over from there. Anasta goes to five-eighth, Soward in at half, Harrison at lock. That looks pretty awesome to me, and I don't even support the team.

fornstar said:
Suney_J said:
So you admit you're full of shit ? :D
Haha pwned!

One thing I know for certain... their pockets certainly aren't.

*mel*

fornstar said:
I fail to see how a coach keeping up the spirit of a team and its fans is full of shit.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
I fail to see how a coach keeping up the spirit of a team and its fans is full of shit.
so let me get this straght, fans are sad because they didnt make the finals for the first time in 10yrs, and in the past few years have been in the grand final and won a premiership? yet they are sad because they dont make the finals for ONE BLOODY YEAR! how about teams who have had none of that no top 8, no finals no premiership? they CAN be sad and down on spirit because they have had none of that but the roosters had all that..and your sad....once again GET OVER IT!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
shortygb said:
so let me get this straght, fans are sad because they didnt make the finals for the first time in 10yrs, and in the past few years have been in the grand final and won a premiership? yet they are sad because they dont make the finals for ONE BLOODY YEAR! how about teams who have had none of that no top 8, no finals no premiership? they CAN be sad and down on spirit because they have had none of that but the roosters had all that..and your sad....once again GET OVER IT!
Mate, I think you've probably got it the wrong way around.

Imagine what it's like when your team always makes the Finals, and of late, always makes the Grand Final? It's like you expect them to make it again.

And then they don't. It's not something that you can be like, "Oh well, that's that. There's always next year." It hurts, and it hurts deep.

On the other hand, when your team is crappy and never makes the Finals a la Souths and Manly, you rejoice like nothing else when they make it, and when they don't make it again, you say, "Oh well, that's that. There's always next year."

You took the wrong approach here, buddy. Roosters supporters would be hurting more than most others right now.

I may hate the Sydney Roosters more than any other team in the NRL, but I can at least empathise with their supporters and the pain they are going through.

Give them a break, buddy.

*mel*

shortygb said:
That's exactly the thing - we've been in the finals since 1996. Obviously,the Roosters fans are used to our team being successful, especially since we've been so good the past 3 or 4 years. It goes from a minor premiership and grand final one year to being close to the wooden spooners the next year. How could we NOT be sad, or disappointed, or whatever?
Like Ricky Stuart said I have heard some people say “you can’t stay on top all the time” and “other clubs would love to have our record of 4 grand final appearances in 5 years”. To me, the players, coaching staff and management that is a complete cop-out. And that's exactly what it is... a cop-out. The fans shouldn't be expected to say "Oh well... we used to be good, so let's be happy."

So you're basically saying that we're not allowed to be sad about us being so shit all year because other clubs have been shit longer than us. That email was a thankyou to the fans who have stuck with them while times started to get tough. I mean, how does Ricky Stuart know what to expect? Fans have been supporting a successful team for 10 years. He has every right to tell them that he and the team appreciates them when they aren't going so well.

And that's what we've been doing. Sticking with them. I seem to remember how the other year when Parra weren't doing so well and fans started burning flags and other Eels merchandise. Somehow I don't think this'll be happening with roosters fans. I wonder why...

Last edited by a moderator:

padutz

HSC
kimi said:
Yeh, Monaghan's awesome. I dnt understand how Manly are treating him like shit, like what ive read in newspapers- theyre treating him like some sort of trading object, when hes actually better than that.

the media mess around with everything. they are keeping monaghan and they have said that. its just bullshit rumours like johns was going to union... and manly still hav a shot at the top 4 !!!!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Dumb Q - Is Finch's contract up or will he be released? Or is the whole moving clubs thing a whole lot of bs? Rumours are fun though. I personally am interested in Clint Greenshields. He's been great for the Dragons, I wonder who's going to snap him up.

On the whole e-mail thing, I know that if the Bulldogs miss the finals I'll be absolutely shattered. Going from the euphoria of winning the Premiership to missing out on the top 8 altogether is not an easy thing for a fan to experience. Especially in a club that has had a recent history of doing well - you become so accustomed to doing well that losing is difficult to understand an accept. I know Roosters fans feel the same.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
shortygb said:

EXCUSE ME?!?! What give you the right to say we cant be in agony. You have absolutely NO right at all unless ur a Roosters fan. How dare you. Look at Mel's post and answer to that. Im waiting.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
snickerdoodle said:
I personally am interested in Clint Greenshields. He's been great for the Dragons, I wonder who's going to snap him up.
I was hoping the sharks would make a play for him, but i think that we've used to much money in getti ng Albert and Ross. He is a quality player and i'd like to see him playin for the sharks, but with the lack of funds and the fact that David Simmons is (apparently) a full back who has been left to play wing, we wont be making any plays for him IMO. Hope im wrong though

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
what i am saying is that after all those years of getting into the top 8 EVERY YEAR FOR 10 YEARS, been in grand finals and even a got a premiership, your not in there for 1 YEAR, just 1 year, and you keep complaining , alot of teams would like to have what the roosters had, top 8 for 10 yrs, grand finalists and a premiership.

and just because you dont get in for 1 year does it mean you NEVER going to make another top 8? does it mean that you wont get top 8 next year?

and when did eels fans burn all the mechandise?

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
shortygb on MSN said:
i mean cmon you had so much good luck in the past compared to other clubs and ur not in the finals once, so you complain and bitch

im saying is that after all that wins you should be thanskful for them

and not bitch and moan becasue you miss out on one top 8 in 10 years

thats 9 yrs of being in the top 8 EVERY YEAR!! and then ur not there for ONE YEAR!! so you complain?
shortygb said:
what i am saying is that after all those years of getting into the top 8 EVERY YEAR FOR 10 YEARS, been in grand finals and even a got a premiership, your not in there for 1 YEAR, just 1 year, and you keep complaining , alot of teams would like to have what the roosters had, top 8 for 10 yrs, grand finalists and a premiership.

and just because you dont get in for 1 year does it mean you NEVER going to make another top 8? does it mean that you wont get top 8 next year?

and when did eels fans burn all the mechandise?
Like i said, Wat gives you the right to tell us we cant complain and bitch. Its like saying, you cant whinge when you lose cos u have won so many games. Thats just totally stupid. And after all those wins- ur saying we should be thankful and that we should just accept the loss? Excuse me, i dnt know about you but im sure NO ONE likes losing, no matter what it is-- especailly after a decade of actually making the finals. I think it hurts more seeing as we have been in the finals for so long and then not making it: its moreso humiliating and embarrassing. You think cos we dnt make the finals for one year that its like not important cos we’ve done it so many times before? Because that is not true, we WANT to maintain this record. No one wants to break a record, and breaking a record hurts. You wont understand cos Parra’s record isnt as excellent as ours:

1995 19th
1996 13th
1997 Semi-finalists
1998 Prelim. finalists
1999 Prelim. finalists
2000 Prelim. finalists
2001 Runners-up
2002 Quarter finalists
2003 9th
2004 12th

Obviously, this means that you wont understand what its like agonizing over Roosters not making it in the finals cos u have a preety shit record yourself. Ur basically acustomed to your team not being able to make the finals on a consistent basis. So therefore, u have no right watsoever to tell us we cant complain. When you say that "just cos we dnt make the top8 this year, doesnt mean we never will"---->it means jackall cos bascially, we've broken our own personal record and it takes TIME to rebuild. Its not an instant thing.

And excuse me? Mel posted a letter that Sticky sent to all the Roosters fans motivating them and reassuring that theyr support is appreciated....and that to you is complaining? Wtf. I dnt understand how this can fit under the category of complaining. Just cos your club doesnt do these things, doesnt mean we are full of shit.

Everyone has the right to complain no matter how shit their team is or how good their team is. We dnt make the finals in 10 years, that is utter humiliation- something that is going to take time to get over obviously cos we ourselves have been accustomed to winning. Its not easy to get over losing, for anyone.

I dnt remember when eels burnt their own merchandise but i remember when their own fans booed their own team off cos they were shit. Did anyone tell them they didnt have the right to complain? No.

Last edited:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I dont really think any of you should be complaining because at least your teams have all had premierships before. As far as im concerned we'll be witing a long time till we win one. Yes I understand the grief of not making the top 8. Like in 2002 I think it was, we finished 4th and then the following year we finished 11th, I mean WTF? I'll tell you why! its that damn Chris Andersen! I hate him with a passion, he can never coach any team assosciated with the sharks again. So anyway, it happens to all teams, and no matter what every year there is 7 teams who dont make it, this means every year there is 1000's of fans out there who end up disappointed, one year your one of those fans, and the next year your not... thats what sports all about! So you gotta take the hard times with the good times ant be thankful you've all had your premierships... because we'll get ours, and when we do i'll be the happier than any of you can imagine

Random_87

HSC
N/A
But I dont see anything wrong with whinging, hell, I do it at the end of every regular season. :D

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Random_87 said:
I dont really think any of you should be complaining because at least your teams have all had premierships before. As far as im concerned we'll be witing a long time till we win one. Yes I understand the grief of not making the top 8. Like in 2002 I think it was, we finished 4th and then the following year we finished 11th, I mean WTF? I'll tell you why! its that damn Chris Andersen! I hate him with a passion, he can never coach any team assosciated with the sharks again. So anyway, it happens to all teams, and no matter what every year there is 7 teams who dont make it, this means every year there is 1000's of fans out there who end up disappointed, one year your one of those fans, and the next year your not... thats what sports all about! So you gotta take the hard times with the good times ant be thankful you've all had your premierships... because we'll get ours, and when we do i'll be the happier than any of you can imagine
im thankful we have our premierships, but for someone to say we dnt have the right to complain for not making the finals- its like, its not ur place to say something like that. Especially when the amount of humiliation the roosters have atm cant be understood by people who dnt even support roosters in the first place. We have the right to complain cos seeing as we have amount to so much and to have that record gone, it takes time to rebuild. So thus, we are complaining about how it we have to do so, especially after a string of GFs.

And dw Random, im sure u'll get a premiership sooner or later. You can complain all u want, i think evryone has the right to complain, no matter how shit or good ur team is: losing is just, hard to deal with.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
kimi said:
We have the right to complain cos seeing as we have amount to so much and to have that record gone, it takes time to rebuild.
wrong! you have the right to ask why you fell from grace so quickly.

like shortygb said, GET OVER IT! you didnt make the top 8, theres always nxt season

what goes up must come down ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)