• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I dont want to sound like im bagging the Roosters, but I thought that they wouldn't make the top 8 at the start of the season (as in before it started). But I didnt think Manly would either, and it looks like they will, but i did think that Cronulla would make it in 7th or 8th spot and it looks like we might, so its all just predictions on players and time needed to gel. But the Roosters, like Newcastle without John's, lost its key puzzle piece and that almost always means a team have to take at least half a season to addapt, and in most cases more than half a season. Im sure that the Roosters will be back stronger next year, I wouldnt say that they would be top 4 contenders because Anasta will take a while to fit in IMO. I think if you give them 2 years they'll be back, not at the same level as they where with Freddy, but top 4 contenders. But this is just my opinion, nothing more, so it probably means nothing but thats just the way it appears to me.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
no one has anwered my question...

just because you dont make top 8 this year does it mean your not going to make top 8 ever again? does it mean that you wont make it next season?

so stop complaining and whinging, theres always next season, so let rooster haters enjoy you not being in the top 8 for at least one year (and hopefully many many more)

*mel*

shortygb said:
no one has anwered my question...

just because you dont make top 8 this year does it mean your not going to make top 8 ever again? does it mean that you wont make it next season?

so stop complaining and whinging, theres always next season, so let rooster haters enjoy you not being in the top 8 for at least one year (and hopefully many many more)
I'll answer that question for you...

NO of course it doesn't mean that we'll never make the top 8 again and NO it doesn't mean that we won't make it next season.

However, it doesn't change the fact that we didn't this season... and I really don't think it's unreasonable for us to be disappointed or upset about it. No one here is "whinging" about it. I simply posted an email that Ricky Stuart sent to fans to show that the team has still faith in themselves, and so should the fans. How is that whinging? Then everyone just started saying for us to get over it. Maybe it's easy for you to get over your teams not getting in the final, but for us it's pretty big and disappointing, and I don't think we should be apologising for feeling a little upset. It's not whinging.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hilarity over the past few pages. Hilarity. What the fuck are you guys doing up at 1am?

To Roosters fans ; Fuck you guys are whingers. Shut up already. You suck. Fittler did everything for you. Rickys overrated. Minichello's overrated - fuck, every at your team is overrated and overpaid (excpet Wing, cos he's a High boy) - CHEATS. Cheats. Sharks are over the cap in 2006. CHEATS. CHEATS.

And for the record - Finch is probably going to the Warriors, and where the hell did anyone mention Kimmorley going to the Rorts? If Kimmorley goes anywhere, it'll be Bradford, and thats somewhere between 5-10% chance of being true.

to DRAGONZ I do get most of the up to date info from the LU forums - although I dont post there because I can never log in.

To Random and Schoolies What are your thoughts on fagface Shayne Hayne reffing? The biggest fucking 'Dont talk to me with your hands, Peach' wanker alive. Surely a Rorts win if Finch whinges enough.

To the others Keep hating the Rorts, it's all you seem to do.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
so if there is a chance you can get in the top 8 (and god forbid the grand final) next year whats the big deal?

you cant win all the time, so get used to it, like everyone else

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Well Bookie, I ain't going to complain about ref Hayne, but im not happy bout it, i'd simply rather someone else. IMO, refs personalise the players to mch in rugby league and league players dont respect ref's enough. Im sure that alot of people would disagree with that, but if you do your deluded. An example of this: Phil Luluia wiping blood on th ref, funny yes, good for the sport no.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
Anyone think Stevo should refrain fromthe wedgies this weekend? I have a feeling that the Cocks would get somewhat boosted by a good ass feel.
Hehe. The double entendre doesn't go amiss. It's awesome :D

And BTW, Bookie, I never got to pay you out for overestimating your team's ability.

When you look just above your avatar, you will see Tigers 30 - 0 Sharks, or something to that effect.

Tigers won by 40 points, mate ;)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Big weekend coming up. 4 sellouts

Good work by the Knights fans, even though their team is last their game is sold out

Tonight should be a great game, Parra v Canterbury. 2 fullbacks debuting. The history between these 2 clubs speaks for itself.

On sunday, we have another sellout, Broncos up against the Dragons. I think the winner will be proclaimed official premiership favorites.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Petersen signed with Gold Coast on a two year deal.

Sharks lose. Again.

Suney_J said:
Big weekend coming up. 4 sellouts

Good work by the Knights fans, even though their team is last their game is sold out

Tonight should be a great game, Parra v Canterbury. 2 fullbacks debuting. The history between these 2 clubs speaks for itself.

On sunday, we have another sellout, Broncos up against the Dragons. I think the winner will be proclaimed official premiership favorites.
Who wouldn't want to go and watch Newcastle at the moment? Those guys are smokin'!

Eels vs Dogs should be huge. I for one will be gunning for Canterbury to win, in the hope that Manly, Melbourne, Cronulla and Wests all win too :p

Broncos vs Dragons has been hyped up all week, and it would be just typical of St George Illawarra to come out and perform below expectations. I guess we find out on Sunday whether their mental attitude is different to that of seasons gone by.

If it is, and the Dragons win convincingly on Sunday, they are going to take some stopping.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
We might still yet get Greenshields.

And by the way, the bloody media's hyping this round up - the only game actually sold out is Tigers v Cowboys. There will still be seats for those planning to go to the games. Preferably call the leagues club if you want to go. BUT THEY ARE NOT SOLD OUT.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1264&storyid=3598977

OMG, I can't believe Melbourne are getting the third State of Origin game. They are ridding N.S.Walians of the chance to experience a possible decider for three years (if you count this one). That is such BS. I know we want to "develop" the game in Melbourne but PUH-LEASE! I'm so mad at the NRL right now. Grrrrr.

I'll be madder when the Bulldogs lose tonight. GRRRR.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Bookie's Weekend Preview

Eels 32 - 16 Bulldogs
FTS: Joel Reddy
MOM: Tim Smith

Storm 18 - 24 Warriors
FTS: Webster
MOM: Jones

Raiders 18 - 38 Souths
FTS: Schifcofske
MOM: Sutton

Roosters 28 - 12 Sharks
FTS: Roberts
MOM: Fitzgibbon

Tigers 32 - 18 Cowboys
FTS: Hodgson
MOM: Prince

Broncos 22 - 20 Dragons
FTS: Bott
MOM: Lockyer

Knights 24 - 20 Manly
FTS: Salkeld
MOM: Have a guess

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Bookie said:
Utter ownage Bulldogs. Suck on that.
May I be the first to say:

1. Round 13, Sharks v Cowboys, 56-14
2. Round 21, Sharks v West tigers, 46-6
3. At least we've won a premiership.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry into my hopeless blue and white flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)