Official: 2013 Modern History HSC Exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

ando08182

HSC
For Russia: A question on the NEP and Consolidation of power, or Purpose and impact of stalin's five year plans (hasn't been asked since 2008)
For Indochina: Either impact on the war on civilians was responsible for communist victory (hasn't been asked since 2008) or strategies and tactics (last asked in 2010)

PatrickH

HSC
Just sayin' after English and legal I think the questions will be broad and generic. It seems to be a theme. Hoping for a good Stalin question, an extent to how important was Trotsky and basically need to re-learn conflict in Europe.

wizz_

HSC
Does anyone have a prediction for the Cold War?

I've pretty much eliminated detente

LivesOffTheLand

HSC
possibles qs ----------thoughts ?
Assess the consequences of the Geneva peace agreements on north and South Vietnam.
To what extent can the result of the second Indochina war be explained by the strategies and tactics employed by both sides.
What role did nationalism play in influencing the nature and outcome of the second Indochina war?
How did attempts at peace making influence events during the second Indochina war.
Explain why U.S policy in Indochina developed as it did between 1954-1975
Assess the impact of Pol Pots regime on Cambodia.
Fuck off Ali you shit cunt

PakZilla

HSC
Meet irl ?
I swear on my mums life I will hook u in the gabber m8 (srs)

morelli7

HSC
N/A
For conflict in europe Dictators has not been asked since 06 so thats a strong chance

lifeinmydalek

HSC
I'm pretty worried about the personality question. Some of the past questions I've seen really require some creative thinking to make it relevant to your personality. That being said, modern is one of my weakest subjects so I'm pretty worried about the entire paper..
I 100% agree with you, it's making me nervous

lifeinmydalek

HSC
Indochina: I'm really thinking it will be something about the Geneva Peace Agreement,
perhaps something on the Khmer Rouge, or, nationalism / communism
Germany: Political, economic and social issues in the Weimar Republic to 1929, or, Impact of ideology on Nazi foreign policy to September 1939 (I bloody hope so)
Personality: some stupid quote that will require too much creativity for my little brain

Last edited:

Candidate

HSC
How many dot points are you guys studying for each module? I've done three so far for USA, and might pick a fourth soon.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
How many dot points are you guys studying for each module? I've done three so far for USA, and might pick a fourth soon.
Only going to focus on Weimar and like two-three dot points for Nazi Germany

nek minut... both questions on Nazi Germany lol

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Germany

1) Accession to power of Hitler
2) Impact of the Great Depression (could be combined with 1)
3) Nazi racial policy
4) German social and cultural life
5) The role of nationalism in point (1)

^^ Almost certain it will be at least one of those, I'm hoping for either "Account for the factors at work which made possible the rise to power of Hitler" or "Assess the impact of the G.D. on Hitler's accession to power)

Cold War Conflict
1) US policies and attitudes under Ronald Reagan
2) Impact of the Early Crises
3) 1945 Conferences and emergence of the superpowers
4) Containment, Domino Theory and the emergence of peaceful coexistence
5) Geopolitical developments of Detente (Unlikely, as detente was tested last year but this has never been tested)

Candidate

HSC
Only going to focus on Weimar and like two-three dot points for Nazi Germany

nek minut... both questions on Nazi Germany lol
I do USA :(

I'm concentrating on social tensions (not industrialisation/urbanisation because it was asked last year), foreign policy and causes of the Great Depression. I'm so worried they'll ask yet another question about the Depression/strategies to solve it– my hopes are on consumerism.

For Indochina I might revise Pol Pot, anti-war movements and the Geneva Agreements. I'm scared US strategies will be asked, or the impact on civilians.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I do USA :(

I'm concentrating on social tensions (not industrialisation/urbanisation because it was asked last year), foreign policy and causes of the Great Depression. I'm so worried they'll ask yet another question about the Depression/strategies to solve it– my hopes are on consumerism.

For Indochina I might revise Pol Pot, anti-war movements and the Geneva Agreements. I'm scared US strategies will be asked, or the impact on civilians.

I wouldnt take this risk to be honest.

Of course I will have covered my grounds and have enough knowledge to answer questions from both sides of syllabus just in case, but I will have more historiography/dates etc on Weimar as that is my strength. I also still remember most of my trial exam cram for Germany :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)