Official Asian Cup 2007 Thread (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Benny_ said:
Particularly Kisnorbo. What the heck was he doing for the second goal. Embarrassing.

... off topic.. glad to see you're still a Lost in Translation fan dhj.. or is it just Suntory you like now? :D
of course.. avatar change was due.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
With all due respect to Thailand and Iraq.. they're Thailand and Iraq. I'd be surprised if either even had a player in Europe Regardless of how good they may look against each other, Australia is of a completely different calibre, and I'm confident we'll show our class tonight. I know similar upsets have happened on the international stage before (France 2002 for instance) but the odds of an failure of such proportions are surely low enough that we the fans, if not the team, should be confident.

3-0 tonight :)
it's funny to read these things in retrospect.

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
I FEEL SO ASHAMED TO CALL MY SELF AUSTRALIAN:mad1:

Arnold needs to go - bring Houlier, Lippi or Klinsmannn

Evergreen

HSC
aus got what they deserved.the team should learn manners before competing in Asian Cup.not only were they not ready but they were a complete embarassment to australia.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea FC said:
I FEEL SO ASHAMED TO CALL MY SELF AUSTRALIAN:mad1:

Arnold needs to go - bring Houlier, Lippi or Klinsmannn
You can blame the team for being shit but should never feel ashamed about being Australia. But oh well, I guess you're a Chelsea supporter afterall. :p

Houlier is no one special. Lippi is too big for Australia, Klinsmann doesn't wanna leave California. I'd be happy with a decent coach, anyone is better than Arnold.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
We don't need a 'name' coach like Klinsmann. We need a guy who can spot talent and assemble and organise a team well. In international football, being well organised is key as Guus showed us. There are plenty of capable coaches out there, I just hope the FFA go for quality over a name.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
HeCtic said:
We don't need a 'name' coach like Klinsmann. We need a guy who can spot talent and assemble and organise a team well. In international football, being well organised is key as Guus showed us. There are plenty of capable coaches out there, I just hope the FFA go for quality over a name.
We should take whoever we can get. Anyway now that we have a technical director in place I don't think it matters what sort of footballing 'philosophy' the continental manager preaches. So long as he can get us results when it matters, so long as he has a proven record of getting results, that should be enough. Of course if we sign on Klinsmann we would be taking a risk because he isn't actually that established as a manager.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Where are these capable coaches Hectic? Australia doesn't exactly have a great history of finding them.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
I'm still wiping the eggs off my face as I type. :eek:
haha, shame, the iraq's kicked our asses :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
You can blame the team for being shit but should never feel ashamed about being Australia. But oh well, I guess you're a Chelsea supporter afterall. :p
idiot the football team i support has nothing to do with the way i feel.

i don't know what you been doing last night, but it seems you have been watching too much TV lately.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I dunno.. if you supported any other club then I'd agree.. but everyone knows you can't trust a Chelski :D

HSC
HeCtic said:
A
3-1 now, get a proper coach and it's time we lost the arrogance with regards to Asia as well.
I agree. I don't really understand why people thought we had it 'easy' and that we'd 'comfortably' make it past group stages.... Asian teams are quite powerful and some have had a good reputation in regards to the WC. They've definitely had more experience than us.
Just because we made it into the WC and 'nearly' had Italy we think we own.

Performance was embarrassing as we all know what they're capable of. As most of you have mentioned, bring in the young'uns ie Carle, Carney, Milligan...

I was just surprised at the comment Arnold made post-match about some members not wanting to be on the team and then Viduka being gobsmacked after hearing about this and contradicting what he said. I'd be very interested to see how this turns out or what happened in the change rooms - I feel it might cause quite a bit of tension and perhaps cost them the Asian Cup (if it's not already the lack of fitness, heat, poor strategies/coaching/defence).

Andrew Harper/Ange mentioned that Graham Arnold had to convince some of them to compete in the Asian Cup...is this true?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea FC said:
idiot the football team i support has nothing to do with the way i feel.

i don't know what you been doing last night, but it seems you have been watching too much TV lately.
Holy crap, this guy is tapping into my private life! :rolleyes:

I never watch much TV, other than for some rugby league, which I don't watch very often nowadays. So there you go if you wanna know.

mat2154

HSC
hopeless performance, schwarzer's worst game i've ever seen and the defence is in tatters. if i was coach i would make some radical changes:

its pretty much a 4-4-2 with grella dropping back in defence and cahill moving up to support the lone striker. post your alternate lineups if you don't agree with this one

GK: Adam Federici
LB: Alvin Ceccoli
CB: Eddie Bosnar
CB: Lucas Neill
RB: Mark Milligan
LM: Harry Kewell
CM: Vince Grella
CM: Jason Culina
RM: Marco Bresciano
AM: Tim Cahill
F: Mark Viduka

Coach: Graeme Souness, doesn't have a contract at the moment managed liverpool, benifica, rangers, newcastle united, blackburn rovers so he should have the tactical and technical knowledge to move the team forward

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
I'd go for

--------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man-----------
Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man-------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man----Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man
-------------Inflatable Kangaroo------------------
------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man--------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man
---------Ken Done koala---------Ken Done koala

Edu.kid

HSC
What a hopeless performance..... I am starting to think it was only chance that Australia got to where it was in the FIFA World cup. The team needs some serious reform. I honestly thought Iraq would lose. I guess the game on the battlefield isn't the same as that on the soccer field.

Anyway congrats to the winners they won fair and sqaure.

HSC
umop 3pisdn said:
I'd go for

--------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man-----------
Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man-------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man----Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man
-------------Inflatable Kangaroo------------------
------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man--------Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man
---------Ken Done koala---------Ken Done koala
Haha, gold. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)