Piercings and Tattoos (1 Viewer)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters

emuthegreat

HSC
Anyone have any tips for the tattoo experience?
Well, i got mine done at House of Pain, and the artist told me "i'm going to do one line and see how you cope" next thing i know, he didnt stop lol !

just don't be so scared that you'll tense, it's hard but try ! i was scared shitless considering i was underage and my parents would never allow it (now they're fine with it) but yes, try to ease your nerves, take someone with you and chat to them during the process, it'll make a difference !

i'm not going to lie to you, it'll hurt but if you've made the decision to get it and is confident on it, than bear with it :) many people ask what it feels like, but seriously it's a kind of pain you'll never be able to explain unless you've experienced it. the closest i can relate it to is a razor blade, but it'll be over soon and you'll enjoy it for the rest of your life .

here's a pic of mine haha ! (ive been meaning to go back to get the word thickened for like a year, but im so lazy haha)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Wow, very pretty! Thanks for the advice. How long did it take to do yours?

emuthegreat

HSC
no worries ! I remember how scared and anxious i was, i bombarded my friends who had tattoos with all my inquiries haha .

mine took around 20 mins . thankgod me and my friend did it on the same night and i went first .. so watching her in pain, i could empathise .

but after, you wont be able to sleep on it or touch it much, it has this intense burning sensation .. i could barely move my back haha .

do your parents allow it ?? lol

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Yeah, my mum's totally cool with it. She's got two tattoos anyway, so she could hardly object. My dad lives in America but I emailed him about it and showed him my design on my webcam and he think it's cool. Mine's gonna be on my arm and it's really small, so there shouldn't be any major issues with how long it'll take or sleeping on it (hopefully). I can't wait!

emuthegreat

HSC
thats hectic ! haha, but i guess my rebelion added to the excited and adrenaline rush . haha my mum was certain it was a gang symbol haha ! but im glad, my parents found out .

yups, a small one will be done in no time . There's a cream called something like Biotherm or something like that, it's like a nappy rash cream . it's the best one for healing tattoos :)

wow im excited for you ! the pain is addictive ! haha im planning on getting my 2nd tattoo soon :)

emuthegreat

HSC
the lobe would take around 6 weeks to fully heal, but you can change the piercing within 3 weeks unless your prone to infections and such .

cartlidge takes up to 4 months . this one killed for me, was the most painful healing process out of all my piercings :(

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
emuthegreat said:
the lobe would take around 6 weeks to fully heal, but you can change the piercing within 3 weeks unless your prone to infections and such .

cartlidge takes up to 4 months . this one killed for me, was the most painful healing process out of all my piercings :(

i took my cartilage out after 5 months cos it still was being a bitch :(
don't go to a hair dresser with an unhealed cartilage piercing

emuthegreat

HSC
omg same ! at the hairdressers she bumped it because i forgot to tell her . ouch factor 100% !!

also during the early stages, how painful was washing your hair ? i have long hair and it killed when it got tangled ..:S lol

but im getting my tragus pierced, so bring back pain :(

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
The_highwayman said:
in the past, i considered a eyebrow ring for, like, a split second because then i considered my parents' reaction.

I chose life.
scared of mummy n daddy.
its ok.

poof

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Tomorrow's the big day!!! WOOT!

Yeah, my best friend's parents are doctors and totally paranoid about piercings and tattoos. She once asked her mum if she could get her lip pierced, and her mother's reaction was verging on psychotic.

emuthegreat

HSC
you must be sooo excited ! haha for me i didnt get to be excited, we were going to do it a week later, but on the day we're like .. LETS DO IT ! hhaa

true that . plent of my friends parents would freak if they saw them with a facial piercing or tattoo ..

Skeeta

HSC
I'm really considering getting a tattoo. I've wanted one for a long time on my hip, saying "refulgo" which means to shine brightly in latin.

I dont know, its something i've wanted for so long, and it has meaning to me.. It could be theraputic

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
emuthegreat said:
omg same ! at the hairdressers she bumped it because i forgot to tell her . ouch factor 100% !!

also during the early stages, how painful was washing your hair ? i have long hair and it killed when it got tangled ..:S lol

but im getting my tragus pierced, so bring back pain :(

the first couple of weeks, it was hell/ i have long hair too, and straightening it was a bitch. i think straightening products probably irritated the living hell out of it.

good luck with your tragus :) after the initial few weeks it will probably be better than the top of your ear, cos it doesent seem to be as much in the way with hair and sleeping and things like that, its more tucke away in your ear. They look really good too. One of my friends got it and hers looks really good, she was wearing a long dangly earring in it just before and it actually looked really cool

my belly button got a bit infected :( i have to take antibiotics for it. i want to take it out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)