• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pregnancy / Periods (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Everyone has different interpretations of what is life. Personally, I think as soon as its conceived it is a human, there is life there. I know other people that don't think of it as a viable life until it is born. There is no point in debating the matter on here, its done before, and as with most taboo issues, it is a highly personal preference and one that is not easily swayed.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
i think the bottom line is that if you're stupid enough to get pregnant than you shouldn't be having sex.

if you're going to take the risk to have sex, then you gotta be willing to face the consequences. i dont have sympathy for anyone who "accidently" falls pregnant (leaving rape cases aside).

and if we are going to talk about abortion - i think it's selfish to be 18 and bring an innocent child into the world. if you aren't mature enough to wear condoms or be on the pill, then you ain't mature enough to be a mother.

I thought the supply to a 17 yr old is illegal not the drinking..
u cant buy alco.. but u can drink it at 17....
all the same. my 16 year old friend has been buying cigarettes since she was 14. that's illegal, but who listens to that?

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
pinkblinkbarbie said:
this is mainly for the girls, but guys can post aswell...

what would you do if you found out you (or your partner) was pregnant? would you keep? have an abortion? put it up for adoption? tell your parents about it..?

and boys, if your gf was pregnant would you stay with her, or leave her?

and girls, has your period ever been over a week late and the reason not been pregnancy? what are other reasons your period could be this late?
ABORT! ABORT ABORT!

*pushes big red button*

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
My sister in law conceived my neice when she was on the pill (she was about 24 at the time). Yes, I disagree with the notion of "accidental" pregnancies, but, keep in mind when nothing (apart from abstinence) is completely affective, it can happen.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
And it is very irresponsible to say if you have sex, you've gotta deal with any babies that result. Yes, sex can't be taken lightly, and people need to be prepared for unwanted pregnancies, because after all, that is what sex is really for (making babies that is), but at the same time you need to realise that people have sex because it is a basic human instinct, an urge....saying flat out to people 'don't have sex' is not going to have much of an effect. Exactly why it has been proven that where abstinence-only sex ed is taught, teen pregnancies are at a much higher rate--you are better off equipping a young person with all the knowledge, consequences and possibilities out there, than keeping them in the dark and just telling them not to.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
i think the bottom line is that if you're stupid enough to get pregnant than you shouldn't be having sex.

if you're going to take the risk to have sex, then you gotta be willing to face the consequences. i dont have sympathy for anyone who "accidently" falls pregnant (leaving rape cases aside).

and if we are going to talk about abortion - i think it's selfish to be 18 and bring an innocent child into the world. if you aren't mature enough to wear condoms or be on the pill, then you ain't mature enough to be a mother.

all the same. my 16 year old friend has been buying cigarettes since she was 14. that's illegal, but who listens to that?
And nobody gets pregnant on the pill correctly using a condom... ?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
it lessens the chances, hence why it's available.

Ms 12 said:
Exactly why it has been proven that where abstinence-only sex ed is taught, teen pregnancies are at a much higher rate--you are better off equipping a young person with all the knowledge, consequences and possibilities out there, than keeping them in the dark and just telling them not to.
yes, i know. i went to a catholic girls school where we were taught abstinance, and more than half of the girls by year 10 were having sex. i dont think abstinence-only sex being taught is effective. we need to be taught about all the consequences, precautions and contraceptive pills.

im saying that many girls who do find themselves pregnant, happens because they haven't taken these precautions! a girl i know enjoyed being high and drunk a lot of the time and found herself pregnant before she was 18. THAT'S what im talking about. clearly people like that aren't mature enough.

if you, at the age of 18 feel that you are mature enough and you make the decision to have sex and make a baby, then go for it.

but falling pregnant and saying "whoooops, the condom broke!" and then bringing this innocent child into a world where you, at 18, have troubles looking after yourself, let alone a child, is completely idiotic.

(im not saying "you" as in you you lol just in reference to silly people)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The chances of condom + pill failing are something like .05%, so really it is an absolute freak occurance if it does.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
holy crap

this thread is OLD

my my my, this was back in my non-famous days

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
wikiwiki said:
you can take the change of producing a baby down to 0.0005% through the savvy use of a coathanger.
oh god! that's not funny in the slightest.

that aside, i was on the pill for 1 year and a half before i broke up with my ex, and during that time my period never or hardly ever came. if the pill was inneffective, one could go for months without noticing, as the weight gain occurs whilst on the pill too. you might only gind out when you have morning sickness or a "baby bump".

does anyone else find that frightening?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If you were taking the pill 'correctly' (ie, not taking only the hormone pills) your periods should have came whenever you went off the hormone pills and onto the sugar ones.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
when you're on the pill, are there any tests you can take to see what your chances are of falling pregnant? (by that i mean, can you find out if you're still ovulating?) i know its 99.95% effective, but how can you tell the difference between your period if you have it on and off the pill? i thought your period stopped completely when you were on it anyway?
eh.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
If you were taking the pill 'correctly' (ie, not taking only the hormone pills) your periods should have came whenever you went off the hormone pills and onto the sugar ones.
no, i know that is what's supposed to happen but with me made my cycle irregular so they still didnt come when i took the pills correctly. i asked my gp and she said this happens to a lot of women.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
AlleyCat said:
no, i know that is what's supposed to happen but with me made my cycle irregular so they still didnt come when i took the pills correctly. i asked my gp and she said this happens to a lot of women.
hmmm did ure GP run tests on u?
or like do u have any problems with a lot of pain or other symptoms with the periods?

cos u should if u have irregular periods just to make sure

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
this is mainly for the girls, but guys can post aswell...

what would you do if you found out you (or your partner) was pregnant? would you keep? have an abortion? put it up for adoption? tell your parents about it..?

and boys, if your gf was pregnant would you stay with her, or leave her?

and girls, has your period ever been over a week late and the reason not been pregnancy? what are other reasons your period could be this late?
my period went haywire awhile ago, didnt it jumb? (he was so worried 4 me hahaha)

i had not been sleeping with anyone. i dunno wat went wrong but i felt a bit sick round then too.

i think it came like 3 w late.

wouldnt abort.

id tell my parents.

and now, id keep it.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
hmmm did ure GP run tests on u?
or like do u have any problems with a lot of pain or other symptoms with the periods?

cos u should if u have irregular periods just to make sure
no, apparently it is a reglular occurence whilst on the pill to have irregular periods, and sometimes none at all.

i didnt have any tests done at that time but i had previously had some done 6 months or so earlier.

now that im off the pill, my periods have returned more or less to normal.

may i ask why you ask if i was tested? what kind of problem would irregular periods mean?

beccaxx said:
my period went haywire awhile ago, didnt it jumb? (he was so worried 4 me hahaha)

i had not been sleeping with anyone. i dunno wat went wrong but i felt a bit sick round then too.

i think it came like 3 w late.

wouldnt abort.

id tell my parents.

and now, id keep it.
how would you be pregnant if you havent been sleeping with anyone?

i think you need a refresher course in reproduction:D..

Last edited:
D

Dreamerіsh*~

The best thing you can do for your girlfriend during her periods is to go down on her.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
AlleyCat said:
may i ask why you ask if i was tested? what kind of problem would irregular periods mean?
oh cos i thought they didnt and sometimes u can get underlying medical problems leading to irregular or ceased periods..

lots of things: Polycytic ovaries.. Ovarian failure.. brain tumours.. weight loss... exercise... tubal problems.. dun make me think.. its not exam time yet :(

AlleyCat said:
how would you be pregnant if you havent been sleeping with anyone?
IVF :p is the main smartarse answer i came up with..

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
oh cos i thought they didnt and sometimes u can get underlying medical problems leading to irregular or ceased periods..

lots of things: Polycytic ovaries.. Ovarian failure.. brain tumours.. weight loss... exercise... tubal problems.. dun make me think.. its not exam time yet :(
whaa?? brain tumours! jeez!

it makes me all paranoid to think back on it and wonder if something was wrong with my body, considering it was a little while back now. do you think they should have done tests?

btw what are you studying for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)