Pregnancy / Periods (1 Viewer)

crazy_old_jwg

HSC
mine used to be really irregular and i kept getting freaked that i might be pregnant or something, never was thank god, but if ure having regular sex go on the pill, u can even do that without your parents knowing, heaps of my friends have.

and about the implant thing, its not suitable for small girls coz of the level of hormones in it and personally, i wouldnt want it coz it stops your periods altogether - a good thing maybe, but if u r having sex then it can be kinda scary to have nothing reassuring u ure not pregnant.

Stop stressing about ure period, have a long hot bath and relax...it'll come.

if i got pregnant id tell my parent and have an abortion, coz im just not ready to have kids, and my parents r pretty accepting of stuff...im lucky.

goodluck

Lundy

Banned
HSC
jumb said:
If you keep having these scares, then why dont you stop having sex?
What he said.

You take the chance, you have to deal with the consequences.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
he was only mr universe cause i didnt get to vote against him...

im prepared to take the consequences...but you cant say that straight at me..its not as if im the only person here having sex

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
blah...keep it...it's not the end of the world...it'll change your life forever, yes, you may never get back on your feet, yes, but in the end, is taking a life worth it? what is easier to live with? bringing up someone who you will love and can bring so much happiness and joy into your life? or killing something and knowing for the rest of your life that you took the life of someone because it was an inconvenience to you. i guess it also depends on how you look at the whole living thing, some people try to say until its born its not alive, but to me, from the day of conception it is growing and developing...its living. depsite how unwanted it is, you don't realise how much it means to you until you've lost it. you may think it's not going to effect you, or assume it's not going to effect you because you didn't plan it, but when you lose it, you feel it, it hurts both physically and emotionally...it can actually be quite traumatising.

i never wish that pain upon anybody.

and losing weight and stress, or being sick can make your period late. also, sometimes people are just naturally irregular.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
dont worry about it too much pink
i've had mine for years now, & they're always really irregular...i can go for up to 3mths without having them
just relax, dont think about them for the next week - you need to concentrate on your study, not your periods

shortie_689

HSC
I don't think it is too much to worry about I mean I once didn't get my period for 10 months...
I had to see a doctor and at the time I was working at a chicken shop and he put it down to all the hormones that chickens are fed can get into your system he beleived that that is y i didn't get mine

U don't need to stress about it too much... Get a friend to be with you while you take the test it always makes it easier... I have been with a couple of friends while they did their tests it always helps to have someone to calm you down...
Goodluck hope you the answer is what you want

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Ive only known for it to be late when u loose heaps of weight, or dramtically chnage ur eating habits
Theres lots of reasons...
As Nat mentioned, weight loss/gain or change of eating habits can lead to irregularity. As can excess stress (you are doing the HSC, afterall) and various other factors can play a role...You can also be naturally irregular (although, if this is the first time you've been late, I doubt that), or if it continues for an extended period of time (i.e., much much much longer than a week), it may be a sign of a medical condition...for example, I was irregular, it turns out I had a 2kg ovarian cyst...other friends are irregular due to endometriosis or PCOS..
But in any instance, its only been a week, its not time to start worrying just yet.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
ok don't scare me... i don't like hearing things like that cos mine have never really been regular and all my female cousins on my mother's side (5 of them) till me have either ovarian cysts or PCOS. hmmm maybe i should get that checked out after the hsc... :(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
tomorrows_angel said:
ok don't scare me... i don't like hearing things like that cos mine have never really been regular and all my female cousins on my mother's side (5 of them) till me have either ovarian cysts or PCOS. hmmm maybe i should get that checked out after the hsc... :(
I wouldn't freak out too much...I mean, yeah, theres a pretty strong chance you have *something* with a family history like that...but you also may not...I mean, with me, yeah, the cyst was 2kg, and yeah, it was twisted around my tube 3 times, and yeah, I did require major surgery to remove it...but chances are, *if* there is anything wrong, it will be totally minor and you won't need to have anything done to fix it, apart from occassional monitoring.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
just take a goddamn test
it's not that difficult
If it's only a week or whatever, it is that difficult. You cant test for at least 10 days, and even then, within the first month and a bit, a pregnancy test may give you a negative result even if you are pregnant. It works by detecting the HcG hormone or something...and sometimes it just can't pick it up...

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
hey yulia, are you like a doctor or something? you know so much...stuff :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
yulia said:
blah...keep it...
Although your right, your reasoning is really selfish. Someone that will make YOU happy or something that will make YOU feel guilty. Think about from the childs point of view. They would have a really average life, especially if the father pisses off. That is why I'm not against abortion.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
jumb said:
Although your right, your reasoning is really selfish. Someone that will make YOU happy or something that will make YOU feel guilty. Think about from the childs point of view. They would have a really average life, especially if the father pisses off. That is why I'm not against abortion.
YOU have to live with YOURSELF for the rest of YOUR life. No one else does. And your mind can fuck you up. Call it selfish if you want, but how selfish is it of you to take a life because of an inconvenience? In this situation, you have to think about YOURSELF, because it's you who it is going to effect. You can say as much as you like "you're being stupid, you're being selfish, you're not being reasonable" but until you are faced with this situation, and are faced with the prospect of how you are going to handle the rest of your life, you can not judge.

Not to mention other things you have to think of, abortion isn't fool proof, they still get it wrong, you can still end up infertile. How the hell do you live with the knowledge that you did that to yourself?

And no, I'm not a doctor, I just like to learn things...and I draw on my vast past experiences :p

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
man i know what pregnancy scares are like.. and every time we kept saying.. we gotta be more careful.. last time my periods were 10 days late so we are always careful now

Last edited:

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yulia said:
YOU have to live with YOURSELF for the rest of YOUR life. No one else does. And your mind can fuck you up. Call it selfish if you want, but how selfish is it of you to take a life because of an inconvenience? In this situation, you have to think about YOURSELF, because it's you who it is going to effect. You can say as much as you like "you're being stupid, you're being selfish, you're not being reasonable" but until you are faced with this situation, and are faced with the prospect of how you are going to handle the rest of your life, you can not judge.

Not to mention other things you have to think of, abortion isn't fool proof, they still get it wrong, you can still end up infertile. How the hell do you live with the knowledge that you did that to yourself?

And no, I'm not a doctor, I just like to learn things...and I draw on my vast past experiences :p

oh get over it.. as if u can give a child every thing it needs at this age. I think ur one of those people that look as pregnancy as all roses ... why dont u ask people who have had a baby how hard it would be

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Why don't you shut the fuck up and realise you don't know me, nor what I've been through. When faced with the actual problem of a baby not just being a retard and wising up when you're faced with a "scare" - then you'll know how I think. Why don't you talk to people who have had abortions, and see how much it's fucked them over. And why don't you sit in that doctors office and be told the risks of how messed up you'll be if you get an abortion, then tell me to get over it.
Build some intelligence before you start flaming people over issues you can't comprehend.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
and girls, has your period ever been over a week late and the reason not been pregnancy? what are other reasons your period could be this late?
Maybe it is just stress, and by stressing out by what it means you could be delaying it even more! My period is often more than a week late as well, sometimes it just takes it upon itself to change which is a pain in the ass. maybe you are just like me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)