• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pregnancy / Periods (2 Viewers)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yulia said:
Why don't you shut the fuck up and realise you don't know me, nor what I've been through. When faced with the actual problem of a baby not just being a retard and wising up when you're faced with a "scare" - then you'll know how I think. Why don't you talk to people who have had abortions, and see how much it's fucked them over. And why don't you sit in that doctors office and be told the risks of how messed up you'll be if you get an abortion, then tell me to get over it.
Build some intelligence before you start flaming people over issues you can't comprehend.

where in that did i just say that abortion was easy?

i know it can fuck u up.. i know it can give a gurl problems for the rest of her life.. u dont have to experience it to know it. but u make it sound like raising a baby wouldnt be that hard

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
SKA said:
where in that did i just say that abortion was easy?

i know it can fuck u up.. i know it can give a gurl problems for the rest of her life.. u dont have to experience it to know it. but u make it sound like raising a baby wouldnt be that hard
And you make it sound like I say pregnancy is "all roses" - I did quote that it will change your life and you'll never get back on your feet, from talking to people who had kept the baby, and from talking to people who had had abortions. I'm not saying pregnancy is easy, I only said it's not the end of the world - and it's not, life goes on, there is always a way to deal with things.

I don't care what other people choose to do, but I think a major problem that arises in this issue is that when a girl is faced with this problem, other people try to influence her choice and in the end she often ends up doing something she doesn't want to for the sake of other people, when ultimately she should do what she is happy with. In my case, it's going through with the pregnancy. You really can't tell how you're going to react until you've been there.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i agree that you shouldn't judge people's decisions if you haven't been in teh exact same situation. don't make assumptions about people - especially people that you are discussing with on an internet forum.

i'd have absolutely no idea what i'd do if i found out i was pregnant. i dont think i could go through with an abortion, but i'm not pregnant, never have been, so who am i to judge it - when i haven't experienced it myself? i wouldn't think any less of anyone if they did it, just that at the present moment, i don't think that *i* could do it.

anyway, i've had my period since fifth grade, and they've only JUST started being regular this year, as in arriving around the same time each month. sometimes they'd be two weeks apart, sometimes four. when i was going through some major issues, i didn't have them for six months. pinkblink, are your periods usually regular? you should go to the doctor or get a pregnancy test. fingers crossed it's just a false alarm.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
My lovely people! Let's try to avoid abortions and perhaps use more than one form of contraception so we don't have to experience the horror of decision making. Personally: I wouldn't know what to do! And if my man left me... ooohh... that would get me so down - it'd mean that my sense of judgement about people have gone terribly wrong and I've banged an idiot.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oops, yeah, I know. hahaha. EDIT FOR ABOVE POST: Let's try to MINIMISE our chances of abortion... :uhhuh:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
natstar said:
I agree with yulia.
I dont think other people can cristise unless they have been throught it themselves
ummmm...aren't you criticising people who choose abortion? and unless you and yulia both have a kid, then that either makes you a hypocrit, or someone who hasn't been in that situation themselves...

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
natstar said:
what the..way to critically analyse my post.
ALl i was saying was that ppl shoulent have a go at other for the decisions.
sorry, just seemed to me that yulia was having a go at others for believing in abortion, and that you were agreeing with her

malkin86

HSC
Don't worry if you're late - it's just HSC stress telling your body it's not a good time to get pregnant. ;)
When my mum went os to Brazil in her gap year, she only had 2 periods in the whole year.

On another note... I heard that a study was done saying that students that had regular sex performed better in exams.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
malkin86 said:
On another note... I heard that a study was done saying that students that had regular sex performed better in exams.
I think its because of the stress release. So girls and boys, don't run off and have random sex after reading that above post.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
for those going on about abortion...its a personal decision...and effects everyone diferently. a girl i knew, committed suicide because she had an abortion, she couldnt live with herself...but..ive known people who have had abortions and lived on...its a personal decision, if you have one, YOU deal with the consequences of possibile infertility. you are warned about all this before its done, you still make that choice.
and some people can, some people cant bring up a child today giving it what it needs/deserves. and why should we be rude to them? it not only affects their kids life, but everyone around them.
and whoever said if you have scares stop having sex? whatever ok..look people use the pill and condoms...and they can still get pregnant. its just bad luck...or faults with the products...so you cant blame people and say 'get over you made this happen'. cause most people didnt, for some people its an accident.
i dont know if this is making any sense at the moment...sorry if its not. i have a lot on my mind...i feel like im drifting apart with my bf which is stupid cause i know how much we love each other...maybe its just cause of the mood im in.
sorry. anyway id like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for helping me and giving their 2 cents worth. its given me a big insight and i suppose it has to a lot of other people aswell.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
crazyhomo said:
sorry, just seemed to me that yulia was having a go at others for believing in abortion, and that you were agreeing with her
Not criticising abortion. Like I said, if people choose to have it, then that is their choice. But for me, it's the option I wouldn't take, and I said that. I guess you didn't know what was going on with me while I was in Sydney, or why I stayed so long for. But I've been faced with this choice, so I do actually have some knowledge as to what all this feel likes.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
yulia said:
Not criticising abortion. Like I said, if people choose to have it, then that is their choice. But for me, it's the option I wouldn't take, and I said that. I guess you didn't know what was going on with me while I was in Sydney, or why I stayed so long for. But I've been faced with this choice, so I do actually have some knowledge as to what all this feel likes.
fair nuff, i don't know what's going on with you, but from the sounds of your posts you were going through something, so that's why i didn't respond to you. but natstar seemed to basically saying 'abortion sux. and dont you say anything different unless you've been in that situation', which sounded hypocritical to me

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Pinkblink, take the test hunny. Its either going to put your fears to rest and let you get on with your study or confirm what you're already thinking. By now its going to be accurate (2 days after your period is meant to come makes the test accurate, i think you mentioned it was 11 days so yeah, the result is going to be accurate. Also keeping in mind its impossible to get a false positive).

I know its incredibly scary, ive had a few scares myself (probably because I am an obsessive worrier!) but its something you need to take control of. There are ways of inducing a period of it does come back positive, and if it comes back negative, well just wait it out till you get your next one!
(PM me and we will chat some more)

Oh and to all those people who don't want their periods for the formal/schoolies, go and get yourself a prescription for the pill and skipping a period is as easy as 1,2,3 (even easier!)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Can't disagree with Ms 12.

Taking the test takes: five minutes and a bit of guts. Having a child takes at least 18 years (and nine months) and a LOT of guts, stress, money, frustration etc.

Doctors have seen and heard it all before .. if you want, ask for a female doctor.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
that was a nice post...
nat, no. im not sketching out anymore that i might be pregnant...maybe i am, maybe im not. but ill start worrying tomorrow after ive taken the test and if its a positive result

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I don't know if this is relevant but,....
Once I skipped a period... bit random, since my ones had settled down after year 8 and were regular.

That was for my year 11 exams... pure stress I think. I'm just saying this to let you know it could be an explanation of your lateness...

You go girl. Be brave be strong.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i still think an abortion is the best way to go. perhaps also you'll wake up to yourself and it won't happen a third time.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
BreaKing said:
i still think an abortion is the best way to go. perhaps also you'll wake up to yourself and it won't happen a third time.
there is no need to be a nasty bitch..im worried thats all....people here have been pregnant, been closer to being pregnant than i was. i was just curious as to why i was late. so if im supposed to wake up so it wont happen a FIRST time, does that mean im supposed to not have sex? well ill let you know...we take all the precautions, im just not on the pill, people get pregnant from faults like holes in condoms...thats why im worried, because there was a hole in one of them. but whatever happens, we chose to have sex and are prepared to pay for the consequences, so there is no need to be rude like that.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
If you died during birth would it be worth it?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jumb said:
If you died during birth would it be worth it?
Do you mean in comparison to getting yourself into the situation or in comparison to having an abortion???

Man I'd die 6 months into it. I'm so not healthy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)