Premium Membership Pictorial Demo (1 Viewer)

mcrox

macca991
HSC
where does the info for the notes come from?? did someone make them up or are they just collated from sources?? ie. chem.

Falves

HSC
lala2 said:
Thanks stazi, for that sneak preview on what premium members get. Very tempted, but at uni, so I don't really need it. Though I like that SAM target UAI--you adjust your goals to get the UAI you want, not the UAI you want to the goals that you are capable 'only' of achieving.

Where is the damn UAI calculator thing???

n8r

HSC
I can't seem to place my subjects into SAM .. thus, i can't use it. I see no buttons directing me into an area which allows me to key in my subjects. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Schniz

HSC
what are the premium resources like... especially the practicals for chemistry and physics... i have lost my prac books, will the resources be sufficient to replace them? Also, how long does activation take if i use paypal... im kinda in a hurry....

In deserted outskirts of sinister reasoning, thou
HSC
Vahl3 said:
Oh come on guys, I was playing with you. You didn't have to take it all so seriously.
There is no need for you to withdraw your argument. It was quite logical and valid, by claiming to provide services for students the administrators of this community also takes on a responsibility. By incurring a few for a supposedly benneficial service (where the majority of resources are freely donated) they are exploiting students.

I doubt any of the resources available to this commiunity was sought after, towards the end of each year they coerse students to supply information such as their HSC marks and their final UAI, as to collate the calculators. Then, they exploit these students for their own personal gain. I'm sure they could find 'university' financial support who actually have the moral responsibility to help run these organisations. But, surely this is purely 'business' and not what it claims to be (a service). The majority of this sites success is determined by its community. Charging its community is exploitation.

Vahl3 for Prime Minister!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
The Logical One said:
There is no need for you to withdraw your argument. It was quite logical and valid, by claiming to provide services for students the administrators of this community also takes on a responsibility. By incurring a few for a supposedly benneficial service (where the majority of resources are freely donated) they are exploiting students.

I doubt any of the resources available to this commiunity was sought after, towards the end of each year they coerse students to supply information such as their HSC marks and their final UAI, as to collate the calculators. Then, they exploit these students for their own personal gain. I'm sure they could find 'university' financial support who actually have the moral responsibility to help run these organisations. But, surely this is purely 'business' and not what it claims to be (a service). The majority of this sites success is determined by its community. Charging its community is exploitation.

Don't you pay tax to the government for services? At worst, I think you'd be paying for something extra...If you aren't willing to pay for it then you don't get it. Your post is pretty much misguided. What university financial support are you talking about? This site is centered around HSC. Moral obligations? If anyone would have moral obligations, it would be the users of this site. Businesses exist with a view to profit. I'm sure that this site hasn't been a money maker, especially over the first couple of years. If it was a business venture, they would have shut it down, no?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
p.s. whoever gets their parents to pay them for mowing the lawn is a member of the 'evil capitalist scum' clan

In deserted outskirts of sinister reasoning, thou
HSC
stazi said:
p.s. whoever gets their parents to pay them for mowing the lawn is a member of the 'evil capitalist scum' clan
This site may need some support stazi, but it doesn't need your constant 'hind-lick maneuver', give it a rest. It was build on propagation of a 'free' online 'resource' now it is capitalising on all the 'free' contributions. It's talking away from those who donated, resources, and information and returning a fee to this to students. Surely, universities would be willing to 'support' these types of sites if they were confronted, or even some businesses. (Tax deductions can be made through 'donations', if for example, 'officeworks' donated $1,000 to this site.) It would allow a $1,000 dollar tax deduction.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
A $1000 tax deduction would result in a net out of pocket payment of $700 for businesses. They will only recover 30% in a tax return.

Oh and you are basing all of this on the assumption that the admins are making a profit from the site. If people are willing to support the site through becoming a premium member, how is it different from universities or businesses supporting it? It doesn't say anywhere that members NEED to become a premium member. In fact, on the main site it clearly outlines the benefits of being a normal or premium member.

Vahl

HSC
The Logical One said:

The logical one has just gained a master.

*cackles*

ps: Vahl3 is now on the path :p

J

jhakka

Schniz said:
what are the premium resources like... especially the practicals for chemistry and physics... i have lost my prac books, will the resources be sufficient to replace them? Also, how long does activation take if i use paypal... im kinda in a hurry....
Paypal activation is instant.

HSC
Are there any plans to expand the Premium resources to include other subjects before the HSC exams? I just feel like I wasted my money, because none of my subjects have any resources for them at all... only Advanced English, and it's for a module I don't even study. :(

fatmuscle

HSC
highvoltageacdc said:
Are there any plans to expand the Premium resources to include other subjects before the HSC exams? I just feel like I wasted my money, because none of my subjects have any resources for them at all... only Advanced English, and it's for a module I don't even study. :(
Yes we are planning to expand the range of premium resources to cover subjects beyond the top 12 subjects which are already online. We have moderators working hard to ensure that the quality of these notes will be beneficial to your study.

We are also obtaining other resources from known publishers which will be available to premium members only.

Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

AB2006

HSC
What subjects are up?

I do Business, Legal, Info Tech, Physics, English Advanced / Ext1 / Ext2

How many of those are up (excluding ext2 of course)

chousta

HSC
HEY!

i was thinking of getting premium membership, but i was wondering for how long it lasts for. I read in other posts its for a year but is it a year from the day you sign up or is it just that year, ie only for end of this year.

Also is it $20????

For those of you who have premium membership, is it worth it?

cheers

P

pLuvia

It is a year from the day you sign up. $20 for one year, $30 for two years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)