Private school (Malek Fahd Islamic School) sends strugglers to TAFE (1 Viewer)

4theHSC

HSC
WTH is wrong with you??. Can u plz read over your comment, and tell me it doesnt sound loaded with bulls***!!!

I happen to go to MFIS as well. Yes - i did complete the 2unit maths hsc course in 2008, and i was in yr 10. But no, i didnt sit the hsc exam. Whereas 3 people in my grade did.

What i think many people in this forum dont understand is the aim of this - being a private school, its designed in a way to advantage us. What do you think is the main difference between public and private schools? Why there is a difference in fees?

Majority of people in our school are given a chance to sit some subjects (namely 2 unit maths, bio and rarely english) in yr 11, so as to have less burden in yr 12,and allow more focus on each subjects.

this discussion quickly became an attack on the school rather than the actual issue about TAFE.

people arent forced to go to TAFE. Like the person before mentioned, it all depends on their subjects. Honestly, i really cant see what's wrong...
why did you put this discussion up again?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
WTH is wrong with you??. Can u plz read over your comment, and tell me it doesnt sound loaded with bulls***!!!

I happen to go to MFIS as well. Yes - i did complete the 2unit maths hsc course in 2008, and i was in yr 10. But no, i didnt sit the hsc exam. Whereas 3 people in my grade did.

What i think many people in this forum dont understand is the aim of this - being a private school, its designed in a way to advantage us. What do you think is the main difference between public and private schools? Why there is a difference in fees?

Majority of people in our school are given a chance to sit some subjects (namely 2 unit maths, bio and rarely english) in yr 11, so as to have less burden in yr 12,and allow more focus on each subjects.

this discussion quickly became an attack on the school rather than the actual issue about TAFE.

people arent forced to go to TAFE. Like the person before mentioned, it all depends on their subjects. Honestly, i really cant see what's wrong...
Way to revive a dead thread... but now that you have.

Yes there is a problem, your school inflates its figures significantly.

I know a LOT of people from your school and I've tutored a few people from there for Math.

One of the students told me that the ONLY subject he is doing a Malek Fahd is 2 unit mathematics, the rest of the subjects he needs to do at TAFE.

Don't feed us all this crap, They force students to do subjects that are easy to get 90 + in, and let them do the others in tafe.

Your school's practices are highly unethical.

4theHSC

HSC
Way to revive a dead thread... but now that you have.

Yes there is a problem, your school inflates its figures significantly.

I know a LOT of people from your school and I've tutored a few people from there for Math.

One of the students told me that the ONLY subject he is doing a Malek Fahd is 2 unit mathematics, the rest of the subjects he needs to do at TAFE.

Don't feed us all this crap, They force students to do subjects that are easy to get 90 + in, and let them do the others in tafe.

Your school's practices are highly unethical.
yes I agree with you on some points... though do you think that selective schools such as James Ruse also do the same thing? cause my tutor said that in any school if the student starts to under-perform, they will try to get rid of him in any way possible... to be honest, I think it is kind of unfair that private schools get to do what they like... I mean just because they can pay more does not necessarily mean that they get an advantage over regular students...

Gloves

HSC
this thread is hilarious.

i'll definitely read again.

Gloves

HSC
There's also the point that the school is a breeding ground for fuckheads that have no understanding of reality.

Looking at the stellar quality of the graduates that still post on these forums. You know, the ones that believe in djinns, that mankind cannot leave the planet (Thus the moon landings were faked by space Jews); that don't accept evolution and that think no muslims at all were involved in 9/11.

Fucking lol.
the kids that i know that go or used to go to mfis are pretty sheltered individuals.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
So true. I've got cousins who attend this school and I've been told that the range of subjects available is so narrow. You're pretty much forced to do adv english, 3 unit maths, and all the sciences (that's the bare minimum).

If you don't like, go to TAFE!
At my school we were only allowed to to adv. english, and 60% of the grade did 4 unit, 30% did 3 unit and only about 20 people either did 2 unit or no maths at all.

Edit: And a shit load of people did chem and phys.

On topic though, heaps of private schools do this, its nothing new.

HSC
I remember my mum trying to convince djinns are real. she goes "are you a true muslim? if you are you will believe in the djinns".

I said yes so she could get off my back.

fucking lol

along

HSC
N/A
With the principal even suggesting his/her students to consider a move to TAFE just because they choose not to study the principal's subject(s) of choice is at the very least demoralizing for them. This would have generated much (needed) publicity for the school and will make parents think twice before investing their child's education in an institution under this leader.

boris

Banned
HSC
Intelligence, motherfucker, DO YOU have any????

I'm a Journalist sunshine, so when it comes to English, I just so happen to be advanced at it and I'd say as a Malek Fahd Islamic School student and evidently as MDNOFXTC's original post suggests she speaks it alot better than a narrow minded, dim-witted, swamp troll like yourself. So hopefully you understand perfectly well when I say your constricted shaft of intelligence is palpably liable for such contemptible inadequate comportment!

Perhaps you should just crawl back into the tiny box you live in and refrain from rearing your ugly head to post minute, meaningless comments... After you look all of that up in a thesaurus of course because I doubt you "who speaks english so well" understood half my fucking quote, what's the bet if you ask a Malek Fahd student they'll probably be able to translate the above for you, and explain in great detail just how much of a fucking dumbass you make yourself look like when you post such ridiculous comments... Fucking Bimbo!

(what's the bet she understood that last bit?)
haha fuck i remember this cunt

i r journliast, i have advanced my english skills to over9000

Garygaz

HSC
yes I agree with you on some points... though do you think that selective schools such as James Ruse also do the same thing? cause my tutor said that in any school if the student starts to under-perform, they will try to get rid of him in any way possible... to be honest, I think it is kind of unfair that private schools get to do what they like... I mean just because they can pay more does not necessarily mean that they get an advantage over regular students...
Quoted for lulz

TBK11

HSC
lol at this thread haha i love it :D
so im still confused does the school kick ppl into TAFE or do they go by there own free will

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
LOL, the school sends kid which are only HSC ready, and at uni are totally lost.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Okay guys, I'm a journalist so I know everything. This school is great, it doesn't force anyone to do anyone.

Okay?

denko1992

HSC
I go to a selective school, and the administration had continually "advised" people who aren't doing all too good academically to seek alternative pathways.

Always the epitome of ethically sounds behaviour, teachers.

HSC
I go to a selective school, and the administration had continually "advised" people who aren't doing all too good academically to seek alternative pathways.

Always the epitome of ethically sounds behaviour, teachers.
shut the fuck up, guy.
you go to Malek Fahad. Fucking admit it.

beentherdunthat

HSC
LOOOLL

Did not see this thread before...

lol, trust me there are more conspiracies in this school than what has been 'printed'. And my friend wrote that article, I remember. THere was such a debate, sorry verbal massacre, between students of the school who didn't go to tafe, and others who did, or got kicked out. It's a long story. Oh well.

The story of high school can be summed up in this story, otherwise knows as the 'Dog in the Manger' story, which Dr Ali loved to engrain into us ALL THE FREAKING TIME

The Dog in the Manger is a fable attributed to Aesop, concerning a dog who one afternoon lay down to sleep in the manger. On being awoken, he ferociously kept the cattle in the farm from eating the hay on which he chose to sleep, even though he was unable to eat it himself, leading an ox to mutter the moral of the fable:
People often begrudge others what they cannot enjoy themselves.
(Wikipedia)

i want to COMPLAIN ALSO! I was forced to 3unit prelim in one hour!!! see its not only the struggles that suffered! Thank you, the end.

Rabiies

HSC
lol =)
m one of those unfortunates who had to finish prelim in one term
now... currently undertaking the HSC course.
i dnt understand the point of rushing through :mad1:
the principal has v. high expectations.
and i also agree that students in our school are very dependent and are "spoon fed" a lot. i hope this won't affect me in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)