• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Republican Primaries (2 Viewers)

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
There was always going to be a significant chunk of the vote directed to a conventional hardline, right wing christian conservative. I wrongly picked that the Newt with his experience in federal politics would be the one they rallied around but it is for the same reason we saw Bachman, then Cain, then Perry and then Gingrich surge up the rankings to challenge the moderates and the libertarian wings of the party. Anyone who thought Romney and Paul would clear the pack purely on the basis of their ability is barking, that being said they should comfortably be at 1 and 2 after super Tuesday. Too many Republicans are now getting on board the Romney bandwagon for Santorum to run him down. Depending on the VP choice it should be a close general election.
Gingrich and Santorum and the others are all looking like they're trying to sandbag romney to fuck him on the nomination. They'd rather see the party burn than see another McCain (I don't think the comparison is valid) lead the Republicans.

Lentern

HSC
Gingrich and Santorum and the others are all looking like they're trying to sandbag romney to fuck him on the nomination. They'd rather see the party burn than see another McCain (I don't think the comparison is valid) lead the Republicans.
How so?

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Santorum has a better chance than Ron Paul

how does it feel?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
http://catallaxyfiles.com/2012/01/09/the-republican-field-after-iowa/

interesting

"Obama, given what I believe about him and what he would really like to do, has been pulling his punches for all the three years he has so far been President. Without the constraint of having to be re-elected again, whatever prudence he has shown, and there’s been quite a lot, will disappear. For those who like what they see, on we go. For those of us who don’t, this is a must-not-lose election for the other side."

Garygaz

HSC
i've always assumed that if obama won a 2nd term he'd just go apeshit and veto/pass every bill he wanted and would tell congress to fuck off. he doesn't have to impress anyone because it's 100% going to be his last term. we'll see, he's pretty safe at getting in if he's running against santorum.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
who could it be?

[youtube]8KsGcLHNICs&autoplay=1[/youtube]

LonelyWolf

HSC
I think I'm starting to prefer RP. However, he needs more focus on social issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)