Results: Semester 1, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kufu

HSC
I love how people come on this forum, post their high marks and then start to whinge about their results.

tennille

HSC
Different people do have different expectations. Their whinging doesn't necessarily mean that they think they received a terrible mark. If they know they can do better, then why can't they be disappointed? Sorry, that's just my 2 cents. :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I agree with tenille. Whilst some people who say they won't go on their computer for a semester to punish themselves for a D is screwed up, different people have different standards. For me a Pass is like a Fail. Luckily I've never gotten a pass, or I'd be immensely pissed off. Likewise, anything lower than an HD for marketing I get pissed off about and whine a lot.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
kufu said:
I love how people come on this forum, post their high marks and then start to whinge about their results.
D's aren't high marks, I've gotten D's in subjects I've understood very little about. Also note my comment was 90% because of the F I acheived in a subject earlier on, and if you want to tell me 46 is a high mark then go right ahead :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Especially if you're one mark off. Had a whinge to myself about being one mark off everything in life--before I came to Australia, when I was in Australia in high school, my HSC and UAI, and now this....*mutters* However, I am pleased that I passed this semester...hopefully more interesting stuff is coming right up. Congrats to everyone so far.

fush

HSC
Distinction 75 in MATH2061! which im happy with since people like waf in advanced maths usually get all the Ds

however still waiting on engg1801, man the organisation in that subject sucked balls. They are probably trying to cover up a screw up in the marks and thats why its taking soo long considering the problems with the assessment marks throughout the sems. We still hadnt recieved marks for our last quiz which determined wether we failed the unit or not and hence wether one could be bothered sitting the final..

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hey waf which maths are you doing in second semester. We can have sexytime. :eek:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
withoutaface said:
D's aren't high marks, I've gotten D's in subjects I've understood very little about. Also note my comment was 90% because of the F I acheived in a subject earlier on, and if you want to tell me 46 is a high mark then go right ahead :)
D is certainly a high mark, though. Especially in some subjects. For myself, a D is an average mark, but objectively it's high.

darkroomgirl

HSC
YAY! Finally got ALL of my results...

CLCV 1001 - 79.0 Distinction
EDUF 1018 - 71.0 Credit
ENGL 1025 - 76.0 Distinction
HSTY 1025 - 79.0 Distinction

Average - 76.25 Distinction!!! YAYYYY! Achieved my aim for my first sem at uni! :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stazi said:
D is certainly a high mark, though. Especially in some subjects. For myself, a D is an average mark, but objectively it's high.
Depends what subject, a lot of the time the uni marks way too softly, making it a shit mark.

frootloop

HSC
lala2 said:
Wow! Another pharmacist! :D Congrats on getting 62 with only 2U Maths--I'm kinda ashamed seeing as I did 3U Maths and only got 64 :burn: As for the rest of your results--they are amazing! Especially PHAR1615--92?! You must be one of the highest marks in the faculty. I dunno the answer to your question, but let's just say for the moment we'll never have to see maths again--especially statistics :mad1:

:D:D:D:D
Woops... I did 3u maths for the HSC too and only managed a 65. Oh well. Besides, the HSC was a long time ago... heck, I'm one of the higher UAI'd people in the course and I'm not doing so crash hot. Best not to think about it.

archangel leila- extremely impressive results! Especially PHAR1615- you totally slaughtered that unit!

No more maths!!!! :D Huzzah!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
withoutaface said:
Depends what subject, a lot of the time the uni marks way too softly, making it a shit mark.
most subs in the eco & bus faculty have an average mark of 65.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Congrats to darkroomgirl for making a D average in your first semester! And to brogan for managing Finance Honours! And yes, frootloop, let the HSC rest in peace.

Now to aim for a high credit average for next semester....

Adam

HSC
MATH2061 Vector Calculus And Linear Alegbra 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50% pass!!!!!!!!!!

BEST MARK EVER!!!! It was my first time around too. I did 2U maths and struggled with that, so this is amazing to me.

Efficiency is all I can say.

Last edited:

Adam

HSC
stazi said:
most subs in the eco & bus faculty have an average mark of 65.
Most engineering subjects have an average close to or below 50.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kufu said:
If someone wants to be dissatisfied with a HD, that's their prerogative. Some people want to excel and become pioneers in their field, not just insignificant specks on an academic map.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Does anyone know the average for pharmacy? Interesting to see the averages for commerce and engineering though. I suspected the average for engineering would be pretty low, as engineering is a difficult course--50 is pretty low I guess....

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Adam said:
Most engineering subjects have an average close to or below 50.
I wouldn't say that, but yes failure rates can be up around 1/3 or more.

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
what971 said:
Well considering I failed CLaw 1001, do you guys think I should repeat it this semester or just skip it and do marketing? I'm just looking for advice.
If you need it for accounting or a business law major then do it again, but if not, forget about it. It would be so boring to do it again, since it wasnt that exciting the first time around..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)