Rudd v Binge Drinking (1 Viewer)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Hey, lets all have a BOS meeting out the front
of Parliament house and start binge drinking!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Re: Rudd VS Binge Drinking

dieburndie said:
When did people decide to actually start moderating NCAP

But i doubt they'll actually raise the drinking age. It's only been floated as a low-priority option, and at this stage of the policy process that basically means that someone, somewhere has mentioned it. They'll realise once they look into it that it won't do anything other than alienate youth further.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Re: Apparently raising the drinking age to 21 is on the cards

scarybunny said:
It won't happen.

If you're old enough to vote, drive, get married, serve on a jury, join the army... you're old enough to drink.

It used to be 21, and it didn't stop teenagers from binge drinking then. Can't imagine how that would change.
omg what would happen to schoolies week

australian culture would be the poorer for its passing

although if they just crank up school leaving age to 21 (compulsory free uni!) it'd be back i guess

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

bassistx said:
You don't deserve to be in my sig no-more.
Sorry. This kind of thing makes me so angry though

If we can't handle some alcolol by 18 we won't frigging ever be able to EVER so why not just ban the stuff altogether if this is going to be the attitude towards it.

BINGE DRINKING IS BAD, WE GET IT

raising the age is going to do nothing.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
If we can't handle some alcolol by 18 we won't frigging ever be able to EVER so why not just ban the stuff altogether if this is going to be the attitude towards it.
That's not actually true, your liver isn't fully developed until you're 22, for what it's worth :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Re: who IS responsible for teenage binge drinking?

Schroedinger said:
Lefties who think we should never be held responsible for our actions, tbh. The whole cult of Leftism is despicable and anti-human.
best

ever

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
That's not actually true, your liver isn't fully developed until you're 22, for what it's worth :D
Really?

I stand corrected then.

Still. It's been 18 for years. We've done fine. I don't think it matters if you make the legal age 80, people will still drink. It's not like you can draw a line in the sand and say 'well ok nobody under [age] drinks now'...unless they do some serious monitoring which I would argue is invasion of privacy and morally dubious.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Seriously, this shit makes me want to drink so much more, so much more frequently.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Christian leftism: making your life substantially more boring based on "Jesus" and "the community"

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
I need something to calm my nerves, I'm going to roll some joints. lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: Rudd VS Binge Drinking

Triangulum said:

But i doubt they'll actually raise the drinking age. It's only been floated as a low-priority option, and at this stage of the policy process that basically means that someone, somewhere has mentioned it. They'll realise once they look into it that it won't do anything other than alienate youth further.
Mm, hopefully.

It's just such an epically dumb idea.

Also, raising the age for things like leaving school and drinking alcohol, to me smacks of 'bandaid solution' mentality. "Ok, kids leaving school and going nowhere is a problem in our society - LET'S MAKE 'EM STAY LONGER! (instead of looking at curriculum changes or more vocational training)" . "Ok, teens binge drink. LET'S MAKE 'EM WAIT LONGER TO HAVE ALCOHOL! (like it's going to make a difference and where an educational campaign would work so much better).

AAAArgh.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The demons are strong in these ones!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
fuck I'm starting to regret voting for this dude now. first the whole "omg lets raise the school leaving age to make ourselves look good and never mind that it's detrimental to certain children" and now "omg BINGE DRINKING, let's raise teh drinking age".
Jesus Christ, you voted for Vassili? :S

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Hey kidz, let's play an active part in our democracy!!! (I'm writing a letter to my MP to say what a stupid idea this is and that it shouldn't even be considered. Last time I did that I received a total of zero replies, but it's worth a try.)

williamc

HSC
im fucken leaving the country if this happens.

people don't learn from their mistakes from past labor governments and what they do to our country.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

withoutaface said:
Jesus Christ, you voted for Vassili? :S
Yeah.

Not that it made a difference, Markus still owned him in the end. I felt sorry for him.

NOT ANY MORE FRIGGING KRUDD TRYING TO TAKE AWAY MY ALCOHOL

/alcoholic (kidding but god what a dumb idea).

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
So um. In conclusion. I can still get piss drunk and nobody can stop me rite?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Schroedinger said:
We force an untold amount of pressure on Australian youth to be the best and better and brighter and yet they're not allowed the same stress relief that their parents use?

Are you mad, man?
The organs arent developed, they dont have the body mass to cope, they dont have the emotional intelligence to know self restraint.
And pressure my eye! They only pressured ones are the asian kids in their clean cardigans sipping tea whilst engrossed in principles of quantum whatever 5.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

I'm just going to reiterate what I said before because it's bloody true dammit. If we can't handle the stuff by the time we're 18 we will never be able to, development of the liver aside.

If you drink so much you give yourself liver failure natural selection ought to take care of you and society would probably be better for it tbh.

Getting drunk socially is not going to impact your liver any worse at 18 than at 21. I'm assuming most people fall into the "I have a few drinks every weekend but don't trash my body" category.

This is madness, I tell you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)