Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Are you for or against same-sex marriage?

• Total voters

Haemolymph

Banned
HSC
^ Religion shouldnt have any bearing on the secular and gay people should be allowed to get married
im a christian and i believe this
i dont know why u think its going to affect christians so much when most of us dont care

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
1. Retarded statement is retarded. Temple puja is a religious practice and I can do it whenever I like.
Baptism is a religious practice and priests were clad to baptise me and I was an unwilling baby and now I am an atheist.
I got my first communion and confirmation when I clearly had no interest in the catholic faith.
I don't see your point.
2. The definitions of words change all the time and new words are formed. Still don't see your point.
3. Celebrants that aren't religious. You're not making any sense at all.
studies of religion 2 unit boys,

represent.

LonelyWolf

HSC
^ Religion shouldnt have any bearing on the secular and gay people should be allowed to get married
im a christian and i believe this
i dont know why u think its going to affect christians so much when most of us dont care
pffttt Christian fag

Lina3

HSC
Most Christians I have know don't want their religion to be tampered with...there is a lot more I could say but I did not come here to start the argument again you can have your opinions and I will have mine.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Most Christians I have know don't want their religion to be tampered with...there is a lot more I could say but I did not come here to start the argument again you can have your opinions and I will have mine.
dnt be silly plz

Haemolymph

Banned
HSC
they must b old
the new generation of christians dont care

great ghosts

HSC
Clearly, everyone will have their own view on the matter as with most things. This is just my opinion: First up, I am atheist so my views are not manipulated by personal religious beliefs in any way but nevertheless I do not believe homosexuals should be allowed to marry. Marriage is should be between a man and a woman, however that does not mean relationships have to be. Clearly marriage is regarded by religious people as a sacred union and according to the scriptures it should be between a man and a woman. I do not see why other people's beliefs should be tampered with for the sake of a minority. This whole question is obviously ruffling the feathers of many religious people so why not leave it and look for other alternatives? Homosexuals should have some kind of an official union, similar to marriage but not 'marriage' in name. Clearly, in this case there is a lot in a name but surely, if a same-sex couple love each other they would want to get together by the easiest means possible.
this is just stupid though. why should society even HAVE to offer an alternative to same sex couples: they should just fall into the category of every other married people out there without some tag on them saying that they're married but not really married 'cause you know, they're kinda gay. this just singles them out even more, and that should be the last thing anyone wants these days - making people feel like they aren't legit married is ridiculous. this one line is just so disrespectful and rude, "Homosexuals should have some kind of an official union, similar to marriage but not 'marriage' in name," and is just so genuinely stupid.

and why are people still clinging onto the idea of marriage being "sacred," when it's more than half obvious that marriage isn't as pure as people make it out to be. and if it is so special, why even offer the option of divorce? if it's"ruffling feathers" then what's divorce doing to these religious people, are they slashing their wrists or what?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Spare me.

Do you think Christianity hasn't been tampered with in any way over the last 2000 years?

Garygaz

HSC
this is just stupid though. why should society even HAVE to offer an alternative to same sex couples: they should just fall into the category of every other married people out there without some tag on them saying that they're married but not really married 'cause you know, they're kinda gay. this just singles them out even more, and that should be the last thing anyone wants these days - making people feel like they aren't legit married is ridiculous. this one line is just so disrespectful and rude, "Homosexuals should have some kind of an official union, similar to marriage but not 'marriage' in name," and is just so genuinely stupid.

and why are people still clinging onto the idea of marriage being "sacred," when it's more than half obvious that marriage isn't as pure as people make it out to be. and if it is so special, why even offer the option of divorce? if it's"ruffling feathers" then what's divorce doing to these religious people, are they slashing their wrists or what?
rofl, so we shouldn't label anything in society because people are too precious and can't deal with it? okay so everyone is referred to as a human, there are no races, because that would be singling people out. and people don't have red hair or brown hair any more, just hair. derpdperp

great ghosts

HSC
rofl, so we shouldn't label anything in society because people are too precious and can't deal with it? okay so everyone is referred to as a human, there are no races, because that would be singling people out. and people don't have red hair or brown hair any more, just hair. derpdperp
since when did hair equal sexuality? where the fuck are you living, son?

HSC
I'm totally for it. I think it's ridiculous that in this day and age, we still discriminate against people based on their sexuality, discrimination of which not being able to marry is just one example.

I am sick to death of religious people hiding behind their beliefs, and asking for sensitivity, when there are young people out there, struggling with their sexuality. Young people who feel like they are not part of society - again, not being able to marry is just one example of the exclusion which can be faced by people who don't identify as straight/within the gender binary.

We are a society which is supposed to respect equality. We have an atheist PM.

It's time to move on.

sprog

HSC
Position 1 : I support gay marriage:

I support gays being able to enter into a conservative union that has traditionally been one based on religious foundations. I support gays being able to enter into such a conservative fantasy. I pride my self on being "open minded", but what I don't realise is that by buying into this craptastic debate, i'm actually supporting a conservative end. I'm a bigot and i don't even realise it.

Position 2 : I'm against gay marriage:

I'm a bigot for not supporting gay marriage. I'm conservative for not supporting gay marriage. I pride my self on having faith in the traditional family. The whole of 'society' is based upon it. I'm a bigot and I do realise it.

*yawns*

Divide and conquer is soooo 2005, guise.

Position 3 : I don't give a fuck!:

WIN!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Position 1 : I support gay marriage:

I support gays being able to enter into a conservative union that has traditionally been one based on religious foundations. I support gays being able to enter into such a conservative fantasy. I pride my self on being "open minded", but what I don't realise is that by buying into this craptastic debate, i'm actually supporting a conservative end. I'm a bigot and i don't even realise it.

Position 2 : I'm against gay marriage:

I'm a bigot for not supporting gay marriage. I'm conservative for not supporting gay marriage. I pride my self on having faith in the traditional family. The whole of 'society' is based upon it. I'm a bigot and I do realise it.

*yawns*

Divide and conquer is soooo 2005, guise.

Position 3 : I don't give a fuck!:

WIN!
you already posted this exact same comment in another thread

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
I support gay marriage but i dont support gay guys adopting children because according to Freudian psychology the mother is one of the most important factors in our psychological development and it is unfair for these kids to not have that mother figure.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yo according to Freudian psychology it is an inherit trait within every boy that he wants to murder his father because he sees his mother as a sexual figure

so

promoting incest yeah that sounds good

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
yo according to Freudian psychology it is an inherit trait within every boy that he wants to murder his father because he sees his mother as a sexual figure

so

wtf. lol i thought freudian psychology was legit but it seems like it is pretty fuked up.

Garygaz

HSC
since when did hair equal sexuality? where the fuck are you living, son?
when did a bending the definition of a word = equality? yes, it's definitely the word, not the actual legal recognition that matters ahaha.

also, calling people son on internet forum = confirmed faggot

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

so

Yeah, and something about the baby drooling as some sort of child sexuality or something...

Got a mini-lecture on it from a friend who does psychology. Interesting stuff... but weird.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
>citing freud
>in 2011

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)