• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SC Trial results (1 Viewer)

swathard

HSC
AznMichael - what was your actual question for the long response? It depends on how it was worded.. it may have been worded in a way that implied discussion only on the 1967 Referendum and Native Title, rather than policies affecting Abojriginal People.

Aznmichael92

HSC
swathard said:
AznMichael - what was your actual question for the long response? It depends on how it was worded.. it may have been worded in a way that implied discussion only on the 1967 Referendum and Native Title, rather than policies affecting Abojriginal People.
well question was explain the significant steps in the struggle of aboriginal people to improve their rights and freedom. In your answer refer to 1967 referendum and native title.

They said the policies being changed had nothing to do with aboriginal actions but rather government response. If that is the case, the 1967 referendum is also a government action as they were the one who called it. So stupid. :D I am still happy with I got considering i was ranked 17/149 :D

swathard

HSC
wow 17/149.. that's still really good!

so then what's ur overall mark, not just for the trial, but like combining all your assignments etc in?

and yeah, i suppose i'd have to agree - it is a government response, as opposed to a step taken.

our quesiton was about ogvernment response, so then i spoke about the umm policies, as opposed to native title and 1967 referendum.

so yeahhhh... you should be happy with your mark anyway.

Aznmichael92

HSC
swathard said:
wow 17/149.. that's still really good!

so then what's ur overall mark, not just for the trial, but like combining all your assignments etc in?

and yeah, i suppose i'd have to agree - it is a government response, as opposed to a step taken.

our quesiton was about ogvernment response, so then i spoke about the umm policies, as opposed to native title and 1967 referendum.

so yeahhhh... you should be happy with your mark anyway.
for history i think my overall mark (combining based on weighting)

i got like 89% for history :D Waaaa one more mark for my trials would have nudged it to a 90 :( still happy with 89

lionking1191

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
well question was explain the significant steps in the struggle of aboriginal people to improve their rights and freedom. In your answer refer to 1967 referendum and native title.

They said the policies being changed had nothing to do with aboriginal actions but rather government response. If that is the case, the 1967 referendum is also a government action as they were the one who called it. So stupid. :D I am still happy with I got considering i was ranked 17/149 :D
this may be utterly uncool but i think i agree with your teachers... assimilation has nothing to do with the 'efforts of the aboriginals to improve rights and freedom' but rather an attitude and policy on behalf of the government to subjugate aboriginals to colonial rule. the Native Titles Act and 1967 referendum, however, reflect a culmination of efforts to recognise equality and 'terra nullius' as the case may be.

but hey you got a great mark already, and you can only do better in the sc., right? :D

aimhigh10

HSC
vtfan said:
my school has yearlies instead of trials. They're on the second day back next term and they seem hard, by the looks of past papers. :mad1:

ohhhh geez
we do trials, the real sc
and then yearlies are like the day after the real sc

speedofsound

HSC
aimhigh10 said:
ohhhh geez
we do trials, the real sc
and then yearlies are like the day after the real sc
That's so weird. All schools should just do trials or yearlies. Not that there's any difference between them really, they both go over what's in the syllabus.

Cardea

HSC
We haven't got all of ours yet. Our trials are basically our yearlies, with the exception of maths. I actually thought I did okay with the trials, but it turns out I didn't do as well as I'd hoped to do.

Maths: 89/100
Science: 81/100 << absolute shock - my only consolation is that the top mark was 88.
Geo: 18/20 for MCqs. I don't know the rest.
History: 17/20 for MCqs.
And I haven't gotten my english one back yet. I don't think I did so well though..

Aznmichael92

HSC
Cardea said:
We haven't got all of ours yet. Our trials are basically our yearlies, with the exception of maths. I actually thought I did okay with the trials, but it turns out I didn't do as well as I'd hoped to do.

Maths: 89/100
Science: 81/100 << absolute shock - my only consolation is that the top mark was 88.
Geo: 18/20 for MCqs. I don't know the rest.
History: 17/20 for MCqs.
And I haven't gotten my english one back yet. I don't think I did so well though..
thats good :D

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
We haven't even DONE our trials yet- first two days back next term. It's going to be easy though...

speedofsound

HSC
supercalamari said:
We haven't even DONE our trials yet- first two days back next term. It's going to be easy though...
Neither have we, although ours is first two weeks back.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
lionking1191 said:
this may be utterly uncool but i think i agree with your teachers... assimilation has nothing to do with the 'efforts of the aboriginals to improve rights and freedom' but rather an attitude and policy on behalf of the government to subjugate aboriginals to colonial rule. the Native Titles Act and 1967 referendum, however, reflect a culmination of efforts to recognise equality and 'terra nullius' as the case may be
Ditto I was thinking the same thing.

Trials are first week back. Tuesday Wednesday! Should study but wont

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)