Scholarships. (1 Viewer)

shaon0

HSC

are you allowed to do
B.Comm (Actuarial Studies)/B.Sc(Adv Maths) for co-op? i thought no double degrees (with the exception of civil/environmental engo)
No, I don't think so. But if I don't get Co-op, that will be my first choice.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
No, I don't think so. But if I don't get Co-op, that will be my first choice.
At the Co-op info lecture they said you can negotiate with your sponsor(s) for double degrees if you get it and it's ultimately their decision. So basically apply for Co-op and just ask then if you can do a double degree.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
cool, but in hindsight, I don't actually think co-op is worth it - just seems like a way of locking in top students to particular companies...i mean if you're good enough to get co-op, you're good enough to get vac work anyway...
In terms of not being able to do combined degree, I agree.

Doing Law + Commerce and getting into vacation work > just coop commerce (except actuarial)

Winn

HSC
^me too =] Got it 5 minutes ago.
I got my Usyd confirmation 3 days after I sent it, lol.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Woot i got it the confirmations email too :D

Does anyone know if the application numbers have any meaning or are they just time related?

shaon0

HSC
At the Co-op info lecture they said you can negotiate with your sponsor(s) for double degrees if you get it and it's ultimately their decision. So basically apply for Co-op and just ask then if you can do a double degree.
Ok cool, that sounds alrite. And i got my Co-op a few minutes ago.

Winn

HSC
Hahaha glad u made it winney =)

I got my confirmation as well just then
Thanks namu. The Co-op applications killed me lol. =D

Woot i got it the confirmations email too :D

Does anyone know if the application numbers have any meaning or are they just time related?
I've never thought of that! =/ I got three hundred something, could that indicate that there are at least three hundred applicants....!?
LOL, it's only a confirmation letter and I'm so paranoid already. GEEZ.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I know someone who is number 7xx. so at least 700 applicants then haha

I would assume that there would be about 1000 at least in total across the disciplines of science, engineering, commerce + built environment

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'm number 513 lol...good number :D
I got your number jumbled up - 153 ^^

I've never thought of that! =/ I got three hundred something, could that indicate that there are at least three hundred applicants....!?
I know someone who is number 7xx. so at least 700 applicants then haha

I would assume that there would be about 1000 at least in total across the disciplines of science, engineering, commerce + built environment
And Namu's sis got 415. But 1000+ applicants... i wonder how many BoS members are going to get interviews ^^

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My number is like 158..very very close to anna's whose number is ike low 150s. I guess the number = time u presented ur online thing.

Thanks namu. The Co-op applications killed me lol. =D

LOL, it's only a confirmation letter and I'm so paranoid already. GEEZ.
lol, did u end up pulling all-nighter that day? I swear to god it was like 2am when i went to offline and said bye and u were still online

btw when did u submit urs again?

Winn

HSC
My number is like 158..very very close to anna's whose number is ike low 150s. I guess the number = time u presented ur online thing.

lol, did u end up pulling all-nighter that day? I swear to god it was like 2am when i went to offline and said bye and u were still online

btw when did u submit urs again?
No, didn't stay up all night- went to bed at about 3 am.:p I finished it and sent it in at 3 am too. LOL.
If the application number is related to the time of submission then I am glad ^_^ 335 isnt too bad, at least I wasn't one of the last-minuters.:D

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
#240 over here.

I freaked out for a second when it said "and/or Faculty of Engineering Rural Scholarship", because I didn't read the "or", and I panicked, thinking I'd filled out the application wrong.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
#240 over here.

I freaked out for a second when it said "and/or Faculty of Engineering Rural Scholarship", because I didn't read the "or", and I panicked, thinking I'd filled out the application wrong.

EDIT: I thought it would be worth posting twice...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)