Scholarships. (1 Viewer)

lychnobity

HSC
I didn't apply for any (not for lack of trying, but I just didn't find any that I had a realistic shot at or were suitable for me).

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Is it true that u can only hold one scholarship ?
It's as sikhman said. You can hold as many scholarships as you want, so long as the requirements of one does not interfere with the requirement of another.

For eg: I cannot hold both co-op and another scholarship that includes work placement during the summer holidays because co-op requires work placement at the same time. However, i can hold one of the two along with scientia, AAA, malcolm chaikin etc etc :)

But some scholarships like the RTA you can't have anything aside from the RTA one "except with the permission of the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and the RTA." So usually you can have multiple scholarships so long as they don't interfere with each other unless there's a restriction with one of the scholarships.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It's as sikhman said. You can hold as many scholarships as you want, so long as the requirements of one does not interfere with the requirement of another.

For eg: I cannot hold both co-op and another scholarship that includes work placement during the summer holidays because co-op requires work placement at the same time. However, i can hold one of the two along with scientia, AAA, malcolm chaikin etc etc :)

But some scholarships like the RTA you can't have anything aside from the RTA one "except with the permission of the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and the RTA." So usually you can have multiple scholarships so long as they don't interfere with each other unless there's a restriction with one of the scholarships.
hang on...so you can have malcolm chaikin + coop?

omggg that's crazy! 15000 + 15000? geez

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i was going to apply for a usyd scholarship, had written out half of the personal statement, filled in the forms etc, and then got depressed with my trial marks, decided i wasn't going to get one, and just didn't send it in.

stupidest decision of my life. because every science scholarship goes off that application. fml. or i'm basically just an idiot.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i was going to apply for a usyd scholarship, had written out half of the personal statement, filled in the forms etc, and then got depressed with my trial marks, decided i wasn't going to get one, and just didn't send it in.

stupidest decision of my life. because every science scholarship goes off that application. fml. or i'm basically just an idiot.
Nawww *hugs*

boxhunter91

HSC
I didnt know about the scholarships for Oral Health grrrr :( GUys i sent my application for the PQA exam at USyd and i still havnt received any word of application being successful. What should i do.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
*group hug*

By the way, if anyone is wondering no one can log into the UNSW Co-op site right now, so don't panic if you can't either!

shaon0

HSC
yeah i got usyd confirmation, and on unsw scholarships website, it says my apps went through (and I sent most of them the day before it was due)...nothing bout co-op yet tho...
Yeah, I haven't got my Co-op results for selection interviews. Has anyone got them? If so, should I ring them?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I haven't got my Co-op results for selection interviews. Has anyone got them? If so, should I ring them?
Selection interviews are due at 30th of october or early november

shaon0

HSC
Oh ye. That's supposed to be due today. I haven't got it either. :S
I don't know anyone who's applied and got a notification by UNSW yet. On the Co-op site is says, do not contact UNSW before Midnight 12th October.

Last edited:

untouchablecuz

HSC
i just called USyd, UNSW Co-op and regular UNSW scholarships

usyd said that if u dont get anything (i.e. email or mail) by friday next week, call them (their still processing the apps)

UNSW Co-op: automated email at 11:59pm, if nothing, call tommorow

regular UNSW: i sent my cover pages at 3pm the day before (by express post) and they said they got em

so all good, now to call UTS

untouchablecuz

HSC
I don't know anyone who's applied and got a notification by UNSW yet. On the Co-op site is says, do not contact UNSW before Midnight 12th October.
are you allowed to do
B.Comm (Actuarial Studies)/B.Sc(Adv Maths) for co-op? i thought no double degrees (with the exception of civil/environmental engo)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)