Section 1 - Stimulus (1 Viewer)

emma211

HSC
I used text 3 & 4 for the last question cause one was more about belonging to the physical landscape whilst the other was talking about the psychological connection.

This section is pretty funny, I have no idea what I was writing when I was relating it back to the question.

Oh well, if you can't baffle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit

jmuller92

HSC
omg....

i just realised,

in part one in the 5 marker, i contrasted two texts rather than drawing out their similarities

in the creative, i wrote a story about not belonging, from the first quote. The question below said something about celebrates?

would i score anything? or am i screwed?

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A
Re: omg....

The 5 mark question didn't ask for similarities, it asked you to compare, which also includes differences. I'm sure you're fine :)

Not sure about the creative, but I really wouldn't worry about it. Don't think about it anymore, its all over now.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Looking at people responses to part a, I noticed people going on completely different tacks to what I did :S It makes me nervous lol.
I thought the best thing to talk about would be the fact that hands were different colours and represented people of different ages. The house on top of them was a symbol for the world, but could be taken in many different ways. The contrast that the hands creates was what I was focusing on :S
Sound ok?

I also used texts 1 and 4 for the last part, and for the first time, I actually found that last part easy! =]

raniaaa

:)
HSC

ah screw you i contrasted them too now you've depressed me.. i'm sure we'll be fine though... maybe..hopefully.

as for the creative writing i don't think they were looking for a literal 'celebration' but as long as yours had intense relationships sort of thing then that would work. if yours was mainly plot orientated and didn't focus very much on the emotional aspects then yeah i dunno :eek:

Sarebs

HSC

I was a bit worried too when I saw the "celebrates" bit... I think it just meant supports the statement, not write a nice happy story about belonging.

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC

dude, don't think about it. it depends on what marker you get and besides..
who wants to dwell on english? :chainsaw:

jmuller92

HSC

yeh true. Did an off centre story with heaps of emotion packed in :)

who am i kidding anyway, im glad its over

TechnIx

HSC
N/A

The 5 mark question asked you to COMPARE (similiarites + differences)
Compare means similarities AND/OR differences. So you can do either, rather than both. I have a text here with the definitions of Assess, Analyse, Compare, Contrast, etc etc

HSC
For a) i talked about image of the hands, how they appear to be embracing the ones above it, sense of comfort etc

b) i said that she said they never belong cause of not being 'mainstream'....

c) i said about the imagery used, the personification of the sky, stuff like that, as it helps portray the connection between the character and landscape

d) i said that appropriate quotes helped to emphasise the idea of comfort, 'centre of gravity' etc of the place, and comfort helped them find a place of belonging

e) i used 1 and 3, connecting them with the idea of 'embracing' the place, the house in the image, and the woman wanting to touch the landscape, hold it in her hands and what not

but i'm not really sure how right any of it was :S
Yeah I said what you said on b. Wasn't quite sure on that, I just said the stanza refers to them being out of the normal and not mainstream so they don't share common identity with the rest of society and hence the 'we never belonged'.

alice09

HSC
Looking at people responses to part a, I noticed people going on completely different tacks to what I did :S It makes me nervous lol.
I thought the best thing to talk about would be the fact that hands were different colours and represented people of different ages. The house on top of them was a symbol for the world, but could be taken in many different ways. The contrast that the hands creates was what I was focusing on :S
Sound ok?

I also used texts 1 and 4 for the last part, and for the first time, I actually found that last part easy! =]
I said the exact same thing!:spin:

raniaaa

:)
HSC

Compare means similarities AND/OR differences. So you can do either, rather than both. I have a text here with the definitions of Assess, Analyse, Compare, Contrast, etc etc

ahh i love you, awesome! :eek:

LOLivia

HSC
HATED this section.
I'm sorry but the texts were terrible, they were terribly written and so dry what an effort that section was.

Monsterman

HSC
Answers for Section 1

Can someone give some ideas of what they believe the answers are for that part?

sunsettah

HSC
i liked the texts they were clear and easy to talk about.

i used texts 2 and 4 for my question E.

Danmiff

HSC
i only did 1 and half pages for the last part

do you think thats enouhg? i included two techniques for two texts, and linked them together pretty well i think...

and... for the last part were you sposed to refer to all 4 texts... or just two. i know it said TWO... but i seem to remember the teachers saying always refer to all of them..

cheers

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC

i just realised,

in part one in the 5 marker, i contrasted two texts rather than drawing out their similarities

in the creative, i wrote a story about not belonging, from the first quote. The question below said something about celebrates?

would i score anything? or am i screwed?
It's okay mull. Poppa ching is here for you. lol.

I had to completely change my story hey, hopefully i pulled it off.

Catchya friday bro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)