Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I TOLD YOU IT WAS HORRIBLE AND A WASTE!!!

What is this thing called science was the first HPSC course I did and I'm still doing it so that must mean something! It's very philosophy-based (basically an intro to all the philosophy stuff in science in the 20th century). Some people found that frustrating and a bit dry, but it's not too bad if you do your readings and assessments are just three shortish essays (1000-1500 words) with no exams and you can choose your own topics if you don't like the ones they give you. ie DOET.
I was hoping it would be more history based. :( I need to decide between this unit and a WRIT unit - I need a WAM booster. :)

Arrr noooo, I have a double exam day!! :(

Two hardest subs too!

Adv chem, short break, SSP human biology.
Does SSP human biology have a different exam to advanced?

If it doesn't, it's seriously like the easiest exam you'll ever sit at university. I have a past paper if you want to take a look.
Didn't BIOL1003/1903 have the same exam? I guess SSP wouldn't be too different. The exam itself is 'meh'; it was not that hard nor was it easy. There were some Qs that asked for answers on content from the book (readings) rather than the lecture, practical and workshop/tutorial. Good luck! :D

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Guarantee WRIT will be easier. 'Birth of Modern Science' is the really history-y HPS subject offered to second years but it's only in sem 1

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know about you, but I could definitely use another day or three off. So much to catch up on...

madharris

HSC
N/A
I don't know about you, but I could definitely use another day or three off. So much to catch up on...
I think this is the first week in a while that I'm just not doing any work, purely because I don't have any assessments due for a while! :D

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I was hoping it would be more history based. :( I need to decide between this unit and a WRIT unit - I need a WAM booster. :)

I think it would be different, we don't have workshop/tutorials and our practicals are completely different to other human bio units.

These days whenever I get an email from uni, my head just screams PROPAGANDA

there is so so much going wrong with our uni and it's only going to get worse in the next few years
What email are you referring to?

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Quick question guys: am I able to take ENGG1802 as an elective in bachelor of science.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
http://sydney.edu.au/courses/uos/ENGG1802/engineering-mechanics - you sure can. :)

@LHS ; you'll be fine... :D What major were you planning? I believe I never asked - maybe I have but I forgot (I have a tendency to forget).
I was thinking MBLG, but I hear MBLG1901 will either consume your soul or heart, so I'd keep my options open.

I think this was a staff one, saying how everything is GLORIOUS and it's just like lolnope strikes everywhere, people being fired, science faculty no longer scaling marks and screwing my average, gonski report taking away our funding, amenities being terribad, the big people getting even more $$$ and the students missing out
Wait what what? They're no longer scaling marks????

Guess what?!?!?!

It's our favourite time of year - you can expect to wake up tomorrow to a whole 16 candidates running for Union Board!!

(vote Robby)
W00t, I am getting a free shirt for this.

OzKo, hate elections for the Union Board in general or do you have someone you want to vote for?

HSC
...What the fuck. Is there confirmation of this non-scaling policy??

LOL 2nd+ YR MATHS UNITS. FAILS FOR ALL!

HSC
Is this a joke?? What?

Also why the farrrrk does uni go so fast. #notime

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
nope. not at all. the psych school has already implemented this (idk about other schools within the science faculty) and it should be uni wide by the end of year, if not by end of semester.

when the strike is on for students against gonski report, we should protest lack of scaling as well.
asgdsddhfgsdjfghs;sfd

I will hunt them down for this trespass.

I think it's May 14th?

c'mon guys, they've been emailing us about this for at least 8 months
I have only received the emails about the strikes and the dalai llama visit.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
@LHS - I may plan on attempting MBLG in order to do NEUR units so would you kindly help me study if I do? :p

I choose Matthews! (Only because of the pikachu and the use of the Pokemon font) Someone from BoS should run for union next time round ~ I'll wake up extra early just to help out with the campaign. :D

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
hey LHS, saw you walking out of carslaw today and I called your name but you didn't see me :( (I was sitting at the benches @ carslaw)

anyways I haven't gotten any emails about all that stuff as well :/

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure im going to fail everything but maths. Thats because I chose the wrong subjects and find them extremely difficult to study for. What happens if I can't show good cause?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
@LHS - I may plan on attempting MBLG in order to do NEUR units so would you kindly help me study if I do? :p

I choose Matthews! (Only because of the pikachu and the use of the Pokemon font) Someone from BoS should run for union next time round ~ I'll wake up extra early just to help out with the campaign. :D
Of course, MBLG buddies!

hey LHS, saw you walking out of carslaw today and I called your name but you didn't see me :( (I was sitting at the benches @ carslaw)

anyways I haven't gotten any emails about all that stuff as well :/
Omg what time was this? :( Must have been not paying attention to the world.

some of my emails are staff emails but when you even read the student ones compared to what's *really* going on, it's ridiculous.

i considered running for board once and even thought about my slogan but someone else stole it *shakes fist* Nebz ran for src prez back in 08 or something iirc and kokodamonkey ran as part of a group for src in '10

Jordy Sure is the best (most terrible) pun so far
Maybe I will run in like third year or something lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)