sleep (1 Viewer)

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
how many hours of sleep do you get per day on average? (school days) What time do you wake up and head to bed? Post tricks to getting up early if they actually work :sleep:
lack of sleep is very tiresome :(

saberbladexx

HSC
Lately been sleeping around 10:00-11:30 on average, and waking up everyday at 6:30, for some reason i'm having trouble sleeping early this term... too much stress LOL.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I get about 8hours sleep a night, about 11-7 and I'm still tired =\
and because I actually do sleep, I get no sympathy for walking around in a zombielike state all the time. haha, oh wells.

I guess some people just need more sleep than others. my english teacher keeps telling us how he only sleeps like 4hours a night and etc ==

NewiJapper

HSC
I'm getting around 7 hours sleep at the moment and some days I'm more tired than others for some reason but I think I get enough.

A trusty alarm clock that is loud always is good to get you up and out of bed. A cup of coffee, tea or an apple in the morning is also something that wakes you up (Also aswell as wetting your face with cold water).

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Uni days it varies on what time I have to start the next day. If it is a late day, I'll sleep more hours. Usually in bed around 12-1ish.

On uni breaks, I usually get around 7 hours. Bed at 3 and up at 10. Though lately I've been getting a bit more, because I've been working.

the eye eht

HSC
N/A
Moderate success with Dymaxion during the holidays. 2-3hrs each day.
One thing led to another and the schedule was destroyed.
Right now, it would be either 3 or 8, depends on my mood.
:mad:

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
depends on my amount of homeworks and assignments

mine's normally 10.30-7.00 but i sometimes stay up late till 1 or 2 and collapse at school

domoku

HSC
i slept 4-6 hours everyday during school and yeah... was pretty tired during the week all the time
waking up early never worked for me :/ instead i just took power naps while i was studying + v... ahah

Misyndo

HSC
Sleep at 2-4.
Wake up at 6.

My alarm tone is 'Alarm' on the iPhone. Insanely loud and annoying so yeah. Always gets me up.

I don't nap at all after school apart from the bus/train.

kcqn93

HSC
sleep around 2 and alarm goes off at 7.45, snooze atleast twice then wake up and rush to school...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I slept from 10-4.30 most of my HSC. Had maybe a 15 minute nap on the commute home in the arvo.

HSC
My sleeping patterns are still screwed from the holidays!

I try my best to be asleep by 10:30-7

But i'm asleep by around 12-1am eugh! worst bit is thank you very much to someone who set my alarm on at 3:45 this morning >< and I wake up to hearing "The boy who brushed red living in black and white" by underoath took forever to fall back to sleep

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Usually around 11.30 PM...

Wake up at 7.15 AM :p

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
I slept from 10-4.30 most of my HSC. Had maybe a 15 minute nap on the commute home in the arvo.
damn were you tired from 6hrs sleep or still fired up in the morning?
do you sometimes just lay on the bed and close your eyes and you can't sleep. i know i do, very tedious.
if i get 1-6hrs sleep i usually get sore eyes and especially back pain ><
i heard sleeping less makes you shorter :eek:
i prefer doing work on the bed cos working on a table hurts my back after a while :vcross:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You can't afford to sleep too much during the HSC. Every minute slept is a minute that no study has been done.

ilikebeeef

HSC
to get up early, force yourself to get up earlier each day. and by theory you'll get tired earlier, will therefore go to bed earlier, and be more able to get up earlier. it's no good trying to start the habit by going to bed earlier (sleeping patterns will make this difficult and you'll lie in bed awake for ages), you start it by waking up earlier :)
That's actually a good strategy. Once you start waking up early, you can't stay up to the time you would normally stay up to.

:jaw: 4.30? Why??

HSC
Uni Grad
sleep around 3-7 most days. might have an afternoon siesta on the train coming home.

to get up early, force yourself to get up earlier each day. and by theory you'll get tired earlier, will therefore go to bed earlier, and be more able to get up earlier. it's no good trying to start the habit by going to bed earlier (sleeping patterns will make this difficult and you'll lie in bed awake for ages), you start it by waking up earlier :)

edit: i wouldn't recommend this sleeping pattern, but i'm a recovering insomniac so it's not too bad for me
I'm trying this method, got up a few hours earlier today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)