So I've fallen in love with the cover girl of the Good Universities Guide 2011... (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I highly doubt they would have Pharmacy at UNE in the guide but would you be able to look it up as well as pharmaceutical science at Griffith?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Sure Arcorn,

For Pharmacy itself - there is no data for Pharmacy at UNE.

For Pharmaceutical Science at Griffith - is under 'Pharmacology' I presume, which is under Science.

Sciences at Griffith have 1765 undergrads, 233 from abroad, starting salaries are worse on average at $44 789. 43% of graduates were seeking work 4 months after graduation (worse) and 52% went to further study. Graduates rated teaching quality, generic skills and overall satisfaction as 'worse'.

Anything else?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I highly doubt they would have Pharmacy at UNE in the guide but would you be able to look it up as well as pharmaceutical science at Griffith?
Come to Griffith with me, we'll chill. It'd also be kinda surreal sort of having knowledge of someone there (apart from a friend from high school, or two).

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
It depends where I get in, I'm taking a gap year anyway so I won't be there until 2012 if I decide to go there.

Yeah, didn't really expect Pharmacy for UNE to have any information since last year was the first year. Thanks Shadow.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey, it's okay.

I spent $25 to read a book of which I'd only read like 10 pages. So I figure I'd use it to help others because I'm feeling in a helpful mood =P

nikilily

HSC
RE: girl on cover, yeah I'd jump the fence for her. However that fence is very high.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Meh I don't know about the girl.. she seems like a 7 to me

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I'm a blonde lover but all my girlfriends have had brown hair. Also she's about a 7, cute but not hot.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
/me 's powers of deduction win!

Eurasians... hot? Well, for you maybe. Though I'm not sure what they look like.

kcqn93

HSC
I'm Asian - by definition, I don't go out =P

More seriously, if you want to know - okay, here's my reckoning - and since you seem genuine, I'll give you the manifesto:

Firstly, I have an inability to talk to one girl - which, unfortunately and perhaps tragically, is the woman I am completely infatuated/attracted to. And it's not due to social awkwardness or anything, it's really the distance barrier between myself and wherever she is right now. Throw in a few aggravating factors such as paranoid friends and some aspects of the paragraph to follow... it's not looking good for me. I resolved to myself last year the next time I saw her would be the time I would start a series of events that would hopefully end with our marriage (because I'm old school like that =P)

Anyway, I think in most general situations, I'd be able to converse - but only if the other person talks to me first. However, the other person would have to carry the conversation because I'm naturally shy and thus I don't carry conversations well. If you ask me a question, I'll answer it. If you ask me to comment on something, I'll do it. But I note that I will not be the one to ask the questions or ask for comments.

Other than that, as stated, I am naturally shy - though I will attend parties (because I figure sitting alone sucks), but will affix my attention to the food and drink tables or the TV or something else. I'm not the person who will go and actively seek out conversation, but rather wait to be talked to - because I don't have that type of personality. I am an introvert, but in the company of friends - I morph into an extrovert, and perhaps talk the most out of all.

I believe that I am 'socially awkward' (if it can be called that) because I grew up in a very sheltered environment. I was not allowed to go out for the most part, and thus never got to talk to other people much. Thus, fast forward ten or so years - girls now expect you to be the master of chatting and wooing, and unfortunately I don't have this prerequisite fulfilled and essentially talking to any new girl from my perspective is with a view to dating them. I have negligible and essentially zero knowledge on boyfriend/girlfriend relationships, and yeah.

Fortunately, there are some exceptions to that rule - and I've developed meaningful acquaintances with some females at my school, and was able to just go up to them and talk to them normally.

For males, I don't follow the usual sports. I am a staunch oppositionist to AFL and NRL, and my two favourite sports to watch and play are football and cricket. I also don't go gaga over cars or see it necessary to embellish my walls with pictures of scantily clad women as seems to be the norm with some males. I'm not that great at sport either, though I am enthusiastic about it. Otherwise, I never got to go out and thus didn't make social circles at places such as sport and things like that. My friends only come from school.

My preference to academic study and things along those lines have perhaps alienated me from making more social connections wherever I've gone - though at university, the premise of clubs is an exciting one for me - though I'm not sure if I'll be able to muster the courage to go up to the booths and sign up. I may need 'emotional support', that is a few people who'll go with me. I've found that I usually would like them wherever I go, whether it be going up to the canteen or talking to a teacher. I find the conversation I can develop with my friends and the feeling of security and the like is pleasing to me.

Moreover, I have very... niche tastes. For example, girls in my year often went "OMG MELISSA DIED ON PACKED TO THE RAFTERS!" or "lol did you see jersey shore (or whatever it is) last night?" and guys would often be like "Yeah, Dragons are gonna win!" or "V8 supercars, yeeee". Fortunately, if the topic strayed to cricket or football - I'd be able to converse with some more of the boys, and I did do that especially in the final years of school. However, my preference to nightly TV is Jeopardy! - an American TV game show which has its clues in the form of answers and the responses must be in the form of questions. And so my chattings would be on the lines of: "That Larissa person is good! What is it... $225 000 in 6 days?" or "How about that clue on Word Origins last night? Tough Final."

Music - you may think - would be a point of connection, but while everyone listens to Muse or Usher or whatever, the majority of my music comes from the Eurovision Song Contest and FIFA game soundtracks. Lately, I've found a liking to some popular music - Lady Gaga comes to mind, as does Katy Perry and perhaps Paramore. And as stated, due to my image as 'the person who likes that weird music', people won't discuss music with me usually.

The books I read are also very... obscure. Nicholson Baker and Max Barry are my two favourite authors - though I've only read one Baker book, but I like his style. In addition, look at my subjects. They are very 'elitist' in a way - for example, I was the only one who did MX2 at my school.

In summary: I'm eccentric and weird. And I alienate myself or others because of it.
Shadowdude, I believe your entire life story can be found on the BoS forum now. LOL

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
guys, that girl isn't hot shes average and she has a bad haircut for her face.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't mind giving WoT's on my life if asked. I'm bored anyway. I usually have nothing better to do =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)