"Study" Periods. (1 Viewer)

assiduous

HSC
I get only one study period (everyone gets this) a fortnight with fourteen units.

gavskiez

HSC
our school has four eighty-minute periods, and i just dropped music 1 so I get six frees per fortnight. it's kind of funny though - beforehand, you can't wait for free periods and say that you're going to do so much work and catch up on everything and stuff ... they're actually really boring, and I haven't been able to do anything. I should use it for extension 2 english, but the ideas just aren't flowing fast enough :(

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
atm i have 8 free periods over the course of a fort-night.
Have i used it productively enough? Probably not.

I find myself chatting away to the bloke next to me. If i knuckle down, however, no problem. That's one hour less homework/study at home.

10 units i do btw.. 1 hour free periods

gavskiez

HSC
I think my most productive free period was last thursday ... in which I stared at a blank Microsoft Word document, thinking about food for eighty minutes.

technicolour

HSC
I do 12 units and get around 12 free periods a fortnight. Some are productive, but occasionally i do look through the collection of magazines or do a bit of absolutely useless chatting. I try to get stuff done at school rather than at home. It's a bit annoying though that half our year dropped the line my free period is in, but it's not too bad.

saberbladexx

HSC
No one has a free when i have one, so i basically just finish homework do some lite studying outside on a bench.....

....or just stare blindly into space and listen to the birds chirping.:haha:

I usually think about stuff a lot during my frees though.

NewiJapper

HSC
wow. Everyones free periods and timetables and stuff are so different. I like my periods. We have four 76 minute periods a day and a 40 minute period in the morning to start things off and on wednesday the whole senior school finished at 12:40 cause of sport.

Atm i have 11 free periods and 4 free early periods. Which all equals up to 996 minutes a fornight of free period time. Thankgod our school backs onto a mssive westfield! :D

NewiJapper

HSC
wow. Everyones free periods and timetables and stuff are so different. I like my periods. We have four 76 minute periods a day and a 40 minute period in the morning to start things off and on wednesday the whole senior school finished at 12:40 cause of sport.

Atm i have 11 free periods and 4 free early periods. Which all equals up to 996 minutes a fornight of free period time. Thankgod our school backs onto a mssive westfield! :D

Oh yea thats also with 12 units of work. Which is another reason why i love our schools timetabling system.

OXYGIN

HSC
since i go to a private christian school .... :( ..... i only get like 2 free periods a week. The other periods i should be getting are taking up by stupid lessons such as bible studies and prayer and praise (Compulsory) where 'we' sing and dance. Complete waste of time. i would rather have free/study periods. hopefully next year i can somehow get out of these 'classes'

Dyllip

HSC
Umm ;l..how do people have so many frees? I only get 2 frees a fortnight and i do 12 units. We are not allowed to drop to 10 units until next year. Is this the same for all schools or just mine?

technicolour

HSC
My free today was completely unproductive, for which I was kind of glad.

Jesus christ saberbladexx, you have no idea how much I love your signature. It nearly made me fall off my chair.

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
i was thankful for my 2 free periods today, i had a party last night which finished at 12.30.

Nyxie

HSC
Umm ;l..how do people have so many frees? I only get 2 frees a fortnight and i do 12 units. We are not allowed to drop to 10 units until next year. Is this the same for all schools or just mine?
In response to Dyllip- we can drop as many subjects as we want whenever we want. Then again, I go to a state school so it might be different. :spin:

nikilily

HSC
i usually spend my frees thinking about how i should be using them...and also about THE BIG DAY OUT which i will be attending..swweet

jenga218

HSC
I only have 10 units, and when they handed me my brand new timetable, I technically had 30 free periods a fortnight. That count includes the 5 "Period 0"s that start at 8 am (which I obviously don't get up for when I don't have them) and the 8 after-school peroids that no one ever sticks around for. There are some timetabled classes then, as well as some extention classes, but I only have 2 period 5 classes each week. There are also a four days I can go home at lunch.

If I take away the free periods that I don't spend at school, I have 13 frees. I then have to allocate 7 of those for my OHS French Continuers course, and 4 for my OHS French Extention Course. That leaves me with 2 actual frees a fortnight that I have to spend at school. I usually spend them properly, doing my french work. Mostly because I feel slack for having such a flexible timetable, but also because most of my friends spend their study periods properly.

This is only for the remainder of term 4, though. Next year I get a brand new timetable that I have to figure out all over again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)