Suicide from HSC... (1 Viewer)

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
kirabolton said:
I think people who even consider killing themselves over the HSC deserve to die anyway. If you get so stressed over it then your not going to live a very good life and it's probably easier if they just die now. I'm not saying ALL suicides are for weak cowards, but killing yourself JUST over the HSC is absolutely ridiculous.
have a heart!!

people's stress levels vary and everyone places different importance on the HSC...but b'cos u think its "ridiculous"...some people dont...

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
richo_2290 said:
Mental illness is a serious issue in the developed world with Australia having one of the worlds highest youth suicide rates. As someone whos been close to a number of people with a range of different mental health problems I know what such illnesses can do to individuals, families and freinds. Its quite frustrating to see such a serious issue treated with such contempt and disdain for those it affects. Sure there are a minority of hypercondriacs who play on it for their own advance, however there are often reasons behind this too. To conclude, please try and be a bit more respectful for those with such probelms, and if you think you might be slipping check your ego and get some help - its not a cop out its a disease.
im glad someone here has a heart

i think the point that alot of people are missing is that most people who commit suicide or attempt to, are unable to see the rational side of things. Thats what mental illness does. it's clear to us that there is no justification in killing yourself over the HSC, But to those with a mental illness it isn't. And by mental illness i dont mean raving lunatics, depression for example is the most common mental illness.

I cant believe that some people lack so much compassion.

kirabolton

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
have a heart!!

people's stress levels vary and everyone places different importance on the HSC...but b'cos u think its "ridiculous"...some people dont...

Hellllooo i obviously have a heart, i'm still alive you know! I have this annoying person behind me saying that blah blah stress is a medical condition and i'm not saying it isn't, but the HSC is NOT the end of the world, it's not really that important in the long run.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
yeah, i think it would be really unfair if you got extra points for someone in your year commiting suicide.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
im goin' through with soooo much pressure before the hsc
its drivin' me nuts, its stressin' me out, its like my mind is so much pressured that i cant put new things to learn from school
but suicide is not on my mind...geez...

X

xeuyrawp

Iron woman said:
I seem to remember the figure being 120 since the hsc's commencement
That's correct. I read it in the SMH right before one of my exams.
I know a lot of people who cut themselves during the HSC, and a guy two years above me jumped off the gap after his last exam.

Whichever jerk that said "i have no sympathy" doesn't understand that some people are better at some things than other people. I'm probably better at chess than you, and you're probably better at coping with depressive environments than me, there's no difference except for the fact that the latter can't be controlled (which would make it more valid).

aaaman

Banned
HSC
modelzsuck said:
yeah, i think it would be really unfair if you got extra points for someone in your year commiting suicide.

no it wouldnt, have u experience da pain of it, thats is really shallow n cruel

X

xeuyrawp

aaaman said:
no it wouldnt, have u experience da pain of it, thats is really shallow n cruel
Yeah I agree. It's as much an influence as clinical depression.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
u serious u didnt hear of this:(
its really sad
how did u not hear bout it?
Probably cause im not at oak, anymore

X

xeuyrawp

Korn said:
If im not mistaken doesnt a disease imply that it is caused by a virus or bacteria and/or is something that can be detected by machines
A disease implies something wrong with the body.

Vahl

HSC
Why are people so critical of those who 'can't take the pressure of the HSC' ?
Most, if not all people who freak out have other major problems in their lives, like sexuality, family breakdown/pressures etc.

People with most of these types of mental disorders/illnesses aren't weak, they are normal people attempting to cope with extraordinary circumstances.

Vahl

HSC
richo_2290 said:
Mental illness is a serious issue in the developed world with Australia having one of the worlds highest youth suicide rates. As someone whos been close to a number of people with a range of different mental health problems I know what such illnesses can do to individuals, families and freinds. Its quite frustrating to see such a serious issue treated with such contempt and disdain for those it affects. Sure there are a minority of hypercondriacs who play on it for their own advance, however there are often reasons behind this too. To conclude, please try and be a bit more respectful for those with such probelms, and if you think you might be slipping check your ego and get some help - its not a cop out its a disease.
Hear Hear!

X

xeuyrawp

Vahl3 said:
Most, if not all people who freak out have other major problems in their lives, like sexuality, family breakdown/pressures etc.

People with most of these types of mental disorders/illnesses aren't weak, they are normal people attempting to cope with extraordinary circumstances.
Thankyou. Very well expressed.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Vahl3 said:

its bcoz da hsc is the most uncertain thing u will go though in your life, it doesnt take u exactly where u wanna go in life, u might find out if u have or not a few until a few months l8r when u start

X

xeuyrawp

aaaman said:
its bcoz da hsc is the most uncertain thing u will go though in your life, it doesnt take u exactly where u wanna go in life, u might find out if u have or not a few until a few months l8r when u start
Can you please re-write that so everyone can understand?
The person you quoted said that people who have problems with the HSC also have big personal problems. Then you retorted that it's uncertain, it doesn't take you where you wanna go, and that you might not find out if you have not a (_you probably needed another word in that sentence, perhaps a noun_) few months later when you start.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
aaaman said:
does any1 have any myths/stories about that bad type of shit from da pressure of da hsc bcoz i wanna kno if sum rumors r true like 1 where if a person commits suicide, the whole grade get 5 extra UAI points :confused:
I think argonaut said something about this...I may be wrong
why do you want to know anyway

CrashOveride

HSC
You don't absolutely need to sit any of your HSC exams.
This guy walked out 20min after the PHYS exam and apparently "fainted". He said the board sent him a letter saying they just double his mark because he already finished half the paper (in about 20min...k) so its inline with his rank (#2). He went on to do med (scholarship) at UM.

the captain also was in this "depression" stage, she didnt sit any exams but still got into syd law. but i hear she is sturggling to cope with it now....ur gonna have to take exams sooner or later hahahaha.

X

xeuyrawp

CrashOveride said:
You don't absolutely need to sit any of your HSC exams.
This guy walked out 20min after the PHYS exam and apparently "fainted". He said the board sent him a letter saying they just double his mark because he already finished half the paper (in about 20min...k) so its inline with his rank (#2). He went on to do med (scholarship) at UM.

the captain also was in this "depression" stage, she didnt sit any exams but still got into syd law. but i hear she is sturggling to cope with it now....ur gonna have to take exams sooner or later hahahaha.
I know someone that got into Sydney law with a mark of 99.95, without any bonus marks, and he's havinga tough time. What's your point?

Your story about the guy fainting and the BOS doubling his mark is dubious at best, but anyway.

Please don't pretend that you know what people who have troubles go through. When the time comes that you have a rough time, whether it's in school, uni, work, family, etc, people will try to understand and give you a hand rather than saying "ur gonna have to take exams sooner or later hahahaha".

aaaman

Banned
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Can you please re-write that so everyone can understand?
The person you quoted said that people who have problems with the HSC also have big personal problems. Then you retorted that it's uncertain, it doesn't take you where you wanna go, and that you might not find out if you have not a (_you probably needed another word in that sentence, perhaps a noun_) few months later when you start.
its because the hsc is the most uncertain thing you will go though in your life, it doesn't take you exactly where you wanna go in life, you might find out if u have or not a few until a few months later when you start.

geeze ur a whinge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)