Coroneous
HSC by topics

Overall, past papers win quite easily.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
fitzy is crap

PS: i never actually said it was good- that was u retard

LOL, i specifically remember u telling me that fitzy was soooo good .... then scott pops out of nowhere and just shut u down by saying how shit fitzy is ... and u were like "oh, i never knew that"
and btw welcome to our newest cambridge lover, riseek.
and say it once again riseek, "fitzy is crap".

omniscience

HSC
N/A
playboy

4 unit people seriously need that book, absolute essential!

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Here's a list of 4 unit texts:

http://users.tpg.com.au/nanahcub/texts.pdf

We can now add to that the new books by Bob Aus called "The Leading Edge HSC Mathematics Extension 2"
Some new ones have been added to http://users.tpg.com.au/nanahcub/texts.pdf for the new syllabus:

Green, J. and Hunter , J., Maths in Focus Year 12 Mathematics Extension 2 Student Book - Published November 7, 2019

Fitzpatrick J. B. et al, New Senior Mathematics Extension 2 Year 12 Student Book with Reader+ (3e) - Published May 27, 2019

There may be others to add later too.

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Another one which didn't quite make it to the list, (but still worth mentioning) is

Sydney Grammar School, Mathematics Extension 2 Notes, Sydney Grammar School, 2015

This unpublished text gets emailed to teachers upon request - and charged on the basis of student numbers using it.

It will form the basis of the new Cambridge Mathematics Extension 2 - obviously with changes due to the new syllabus.

Cambridge couldn't have published it yet because the current incarnation is the old Arnold and Arnold.

No publication date is known yet, but when it is, it can be added to the list.

And don't ask if the unpublished version can be emailed directly to students. You can only get it through your teacher.

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Terry Lee has also made a new book called New Advanced Mathematics. This is for the new HSC Extension 2 course. I have added it to the list

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
I should point out that publication dates seem to be in quite a state of flux - so final publication dates may differ from the predicted ones in the list.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Idk if they still work for the new syllabus but most of the new topics are the same still, but we used Terry lee (decent/good). Cambridge is good but from what I remember it has some reaaally hard questions if you want to practice that.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
The Cambridge Extension 2 book is now due to be out in October. But the page proofs are available now in Cambridge's website at:

under "Sample Pages".

The so called "sample pages" aren't really a sample. They are the whole book! - Albeit uncorrected page proofs.

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
It has been said before that publication dates are in a state of flux. But some of the predicted publication dates have quite significantly changed.

So the list at http://users.tpg.com.au/nanahcub/texts.pdf has now been updated - as best as I can do so far. This may well change again in the future.

Some notable changes are that the maths in focus will be out earlier than expected - yet the mastering hsc maths will be out later than expected.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Some notable changes are that the maths in focus will be out earlier than expected - yet the mastering hsc maths will be out later than expected.
The upcoming Mastering HSC Mathematics this time will be only me, which is why it will take longer.

I will most likely finish around mid-December but there's not much point publishing it at that time when I can instead spend another month or so to perfect it.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
The upcoming Mastering HSC Mathematics this time will be only me, which is why it will take longer.

I will most likely finish around mid-December but there's not much point publishing it at that time when I can instead spend another month or so to perfect it.
What happened to your website https://www.masteringhscmathematics.com.au as advertised on each book?

I've seen your real site before with solutions etc.

But sometimes when I click on it it sends me to a page which seems to have been taken over by "Australian Building Management Group".

Their real website is https://www.abmgptyltd.com.au actually.

Seems strange that they took over your website.

Here is a screenshot showing the url of your website, but the abmg website instead of yours:abmg insetad of mhscm.png

I looked up ownerships and although the 2 sites have different owners they seem to be hosted by the same webhost syrahost (otherwise known as crazydomains). So maybe the problem is with them and not necessarily with abmg.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I've had a few teachers email me with this same problem. Currently investigating and should be fixed in a day or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)