That Australian kid arrested in Bali (1 Viewer)

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
If I was Indonesia I would tell Australia to fuck off since Australia probably has hundreds of Indonesian teenagers locked up for not doing any crime.
yep! so true

I would have compassion, but it's people like them who ruin the world.
Lol Amen. I too hated him even more when he did that gangsta sign shit on news...
Haha why the fuck would you want to make yourself look more like a badass? seemed like he enjoyed the attention at that point so yep, dumbshit even for a 14 year old. imo his parents are to blame as well for not taking care of him in the first place. i heard his dad chose to fly back to australia for a business thang while he was on trial or something. strange priorities but not 100% sure on that one

1981Grant

HSC
are we going to start discussing the legality of marijuana now? I thought there was another thread for that.

boris

Banned
HSC
Why is it a just law to prosecute someone for an indulgence that doesn't directly harm others.

One consideration of justice relates to whether the punishment is proportional to the harm to individual and society. The most harmful possible outcome of his marijuana possession is the consequence of it's illegality, criminal punishment, the social and health effects of the drug in this case pale in comparison to the impact of years in jail, so is that just?
dont fucken start with this logic shit mate

bullwinkle96

HSC
Today I heard that his parents are getting and or charging I think $300,000 for their story. That is a lot of money. Even though the trial isn't over. Isn't that somewhat a reward. I think that is wrong. The family is getting $300,000 or more even though they/ their child did the wrong thing. >_<

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
remind me to have kids and send them to bali with pot

ill make sure to induce retardation in one to make sure they feel sorry for him

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The kid's an idiot for taking drugs in Bali. If you go to a country, respect its laws and if you get caught its your fault. The boy knew full well that what he did was illegal prior to his acctions and he still did it because he was too retarded to think otherwise. Serves him right to be punished.

Then again, i do think that thre should be a bit of leeway due to his age and the fact that he was only caught with 3 grams

bullwinkle96

HSC
The kid's an idiot for taking drugs in Bali. If you go to a country, respect its laws and if you get caught its your fault.
I agree. If you go overseas be respectful.

I wonder why his parents let him walk around on his own. He shouldn't have bought the drugs.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
this kid is a political prisoner

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Today I heard that his parents are getting and or charging I think $300,000 for their story. That is a lot of money. Even though the trial isn't over. Isn't that somewhat a reward. I think that is wrong. The family is getting $300,000 or more even though they/ their child did the wrong thing. >_<
Pretty sure that's illegal, making money out of your crimes.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
In all honesty shadowdude, this kid is probably a shit stain, what I'm hoping they will do is that they scare him enough that he'll never be a shit stain again.
Yeah, that.

Why is it a just law to prosecute someone for an indulgence that doesn't directly harm others.

One consideration of justice relates to whether the punishment is proportional to the harm to individual and society. The most harmful possible outcome of his marijuana possession is the consequence of it's illegality, criminal punishment, the social and health effects of the drug in this case pale in comparison to the impact of years in jail, so is that just?
It harms himself, so it can harm society as a whole because other people have to take care of him. Sure, it's a victimless crime because he only harms himself, but in the rehab and whatever - parents, nurses, doctors have to take time out from doing other better things to deal with this guy. Now I'm not sure about the Indonesian culture on drugs or whether it's like illegal because the country is mostly Muslim or whatever, so I can't say anything on that.

Maybe it's a big set up and they made their son do that so they could make money from it =P

The kid's an idiot for taking drugs in Bali. If you go to a country, respect its laws and if you get caught its your fault. The boy knew full well that what he did was illegal prior to his acctions and he still did it because he was too retarded to think otherwise. Serves him right to be punished.

Then again, i do think that thre should be a bit of leeway due to his age and the fact that he was only caught with 3 grams
Oh but 3 grams today and he'll be peddling drugs across the US-Mexico border in five years =P

LonelyWolf

HSC
True, but that surely must play in the back of your mind when you are in Indonesia and in the drug-buying market.

Their laws are their laws. We have to respect them. Saudi Arabian women can't drive - I think that's a stupid law, but that's their law and if you're in their country, put up with it - or say hello to gaol.

And soon his name will cease to be mentioned. Remember when Casey Heynes body slammed that kid? The video was streamed fully for a day or two and then suddenly it was all pixelated.

I don't like this whole "Your prisons are too rough, we'll discipline him here". It's like slapping the other country in the face. No, I think he committed his crime there, and he does whatever Indonesian authorities tell him to do. If that means going to jail there, and then good - because his 'I won't ever touch drugs again' will be assured.
Yeah, that.

It harms himself, so it can harm society as a whole because other people have to take care of him. Sure, it's a victimless crime because he only harms himself, but in the rehab and whatever - parents, nurses, doctors have to take time out from doing other better things to deal with this guy. Now I'm not sure about the Indonesian culture on drugs or whether it's like illegal because the country is mostly Muslim or whatever, so I can't say anything on that.

Maybe it's a big set up and they made their son do that so they could make money from it =P

Oh but 3 grams today and he'll be peddling drugs across the US-Mexico border in five years =P
dnt be silly plz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)