The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
both batsmen need to pick up form, and it has to be this game. someone has to make a big score too, because if we're gonna win this game it'll have to be through our batting [as i type, gillespie has gone for >100 runs and is still getting smacked for fours]. our bowling and fielding is not the best this game either.

ps. langer took a catch!! well calls for celebrations

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
australia in some trouble now...7/210 trailing by 234...warne seems to be the pick of hte batsmen :p

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Bookie said:
Lee is getting whacked as well. Why didnt they just drop Clarke or Hayden and keep Kasper?
Why the hell would you do that? With a batting team that is already struggling??Take out another batsman???

Ponting really needed to stay in - usually his cheap wicket causes others and the middle order never kicks in.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Because you're not going to get batsmen in form when they're only on the field for a few overs and runs at a time.

Haddin and Hussey have played in england beautifully, im amazed why neither is in the team

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Smokey 22 said:
Why the hell would you do that? With a batting team that is already struggling??Take out another batsman???

Ponting really needed to stay in - usually his cheap wicket causes others and the middle order never kicks in.
Because Kasper bats better than them

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
AsyLum said:
Because you're not going to get batsmen in form when they're only on the field for a few overs and runs at a time.

Haddin and Hussey have played in england beautifully, im amazed why neither is in the team
Nobody predicted clarke to injure his back when the squad was announced.
Why anyone would consider dropping him is beyond me - he was the highest run scorer in the squad with an average of 43, and offered finger spinners which could have helped on the OT pitch.
Haddin won't get a look in unless Gilchrist gets injured - you know that. Hussey probably should be in the team - but maybe in place of katich or hayden - neither of which have done enough to warrant being dropped.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Todays selectors are reasonably conservative - but jaques will get his chance.
They are ultra-conservative. They dont like chopping and changing the team based on performances and form. I like this idea cause u want a star team not a team of stars.

How the hell has Warne got 45 already? I know he can pick Giles very easily but he has got nothing in terms of batting. He oulled something out of nowhere (even though he batted well at Edgbaston)

Looks like a good game will come out of this: Autralia havent had to follow on in 17 years since Pakistan in 1988

Man these nights are crazy, going out at night, coming home wasted then watching the crick till 2.30/3.00

And doing it again over and over again. Hahaha

Gotta to get back to it next week - stupid HSC

richz

LaCe said:
They are ultra-conservative. They dont like chopping and changing the team based on performances and form. I like this idea cause u want a star team not a team of stars.

How the hell has Warne got 45 already? I know he can pick Giles very easily but he has got nothing in terms of batting. He oulled something out of nowhere (even though he batted well at Edgbaston)

Looks like a good game will come out of this: Autralia havent had to follow on in 17 years since Pakistan in 1988

Man these nights are crazy, going out at night, coming home wasted then watching the crick till 2.30/3.00

And doing it again over and over again. Hahaha

Gotta to get back to it next week - stupid HSC
huh???

warne not good.......... he has 2 99s. has a few 100s in county cricket....

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
warnie can bat, but evrytime he loses his wicket its because of lack of discipline.

the tail end for australia will score more runs than the top seven again. this time warnie better get a century

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
we're going to loose....:'(...im so sad now...and my poor baby clarke...he still played even with a sore back...so wonder he did so bad...and seriously what is wrong with australia...they can beat the poms they have it in them...but they are not doing anything...maybe i should start watching...'cause im good luck to my aussie boys :p

Bookie

Banned
HSC
You said you're from England. You should be supporting them. I mean, theres a gift card saying "TASHA: BARMY ARMY MEMBER", how can you turn that down?

EVERYWHERE WE GO
People wanna know
Who we are....

And to Wonderwall by Oasis;

Today was gonna be the day that we're gonna hear a song from you
By now you shoulda somehow realised what you gotta do
I dont believe that anybody sings as bad as you
AUSSIE CONVICTS

The ooh- the aah for glenn mcrath is so sad
And warney warney warney is just as bad
There are many things that i, would like to hear from you
But you dont know how........

And I forgot the rest

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
australia still might get 400 the way the tail has been batting. both australia and england have had tails that have wagged

either that or it'll rain out. shit manchester weather

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
SK Warne (RHB) 78 104 10 1 75.00 Striker
JN Gillespie (RHB) 7 54 0 0 12.96 Non-striker

That says it all i think

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Er, gillespie has never been known to be a hitter, rather he's one of the best blockers and why he is usually sent out as nightwatchman.

And the fact our highest scorer is a bowler really speaks volumes

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Fuck Watson and Symonds... I think Australia has finally found its solution to the all-rounder conundrum.

*gestures to S.K. Warne*

P.S. Gillespie should open the batting, to get the shine off the new ball. Call it a 'pre-emptive nightwatchman'. :cool:

After all, Hayden looks like he needs a bit of protection these days...

richz

Lhyviathan said:
Fuck Watson and Symonds... I think Australia has finally found its solution to the all-rounder conundrum.

*gestures to S.K. Warne*

P.S. Gillespie should open the batting, to get the shine off the new ball. Call it a 'pre-emptive nightwatchman'. :cool:

After all, Hayden looks like he needs a bit of protection these days...
lol we dont need all rounders we have 4 Warne, Dizzy (but hell be dropped), Lee and Mcgrath :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)