• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_B

HSC
we'll get a draw out of this one. england are too conservative to make a declaration thatll give em enough time to knock us over.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Jimmy_B said:
we'll get a draw out of this one. england are too conservative to make a declaration thatll give em enough time to knock us over.
conservative? trescothick has really started to shit me playing some of those arsy shots down third man. vaughn will want us to bat tonite & get a few wickets

and the way our batsmen have been, they probably will

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
we need rain or bad light to help us along. and who cares if the english say we were saved by the rain? its happened to them for the last decade, its about time the english weather favoured us.

now the bloody sun will come thro

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
I think England have fluffed it.

Vaughan should have put Peitersen and Flintoff in first/second drop and declared by tea with ~360 lead. Instead came the Bell blockathon that enables us enough time to block out the last day.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Mathematically its still possible to win, disregarding the pitch and the form of the batters. 400 to win off 90 overs is about 4.5 an over. But to keep that up the whole day is another story :/ , a draw looms.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
If they want to win they'll aim at ~200 by tea which is just over 3 runs p.o. and very achievable. Then seeing that there'll be => 35 overs after tea they will either go for it if gilchrist and other batsmen are left or block it out if gilchrist is out and warnie and co are in. That's 199 at 5.5 run rate after tea or so.

But i don't think they'll be allowed to do that - giles will bowl most of one end and put everything in the footmarks.

i think draw

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think it'll be a draw, but I really don't want to see Australia play for one, because I'd prefer to see them go down swinging than block every ball for a non result.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
they'll play more than 98 overs, wont they? dont they usually extend the match if a result is possible?
i cant remember how it works, its been a long time since ive seen a match go to the last hour of day five

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Bookie said:
Just put Mick Clarke with his bad back in now [well when one of the guys get out]. Then they can plan whats gonna happen.
omg no wat is wrong with you...my baby clarke cant play with a bad back it'll get even worse...no if clarke plays i am never supporting australia again...so they better not...'cause i can't not support australia 'cause then i can't watch the cricket then i won't have any sports to take interest in :( ... we're gonna loooooooooooooooooose :(

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Look babe, Clarke is playing shit, and they should get the worst part out of the way. They've already started using Hayden. Now theyjust have to use up Clarkey. Then someone with brains can put Haddin in the side :D

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
noooooooooooooooooo.....clarke jus cant play in this match...well in any match until his back doesn't hurt anymore...haddin can replace him until clarke gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)