The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
tasha1188 said:
poor gillespie...i feel bad for him...his gonna get cut after this series...poor guy...and my poor baby clarke...his back is really hurting him...he is hoping it won't affect his career...and so am i cause then i won't have a reason to watch the game...i hope he finds his back problem soon n gets better...and australia are so gonna win the nex two matches *fingers crossed* coz they rule...i can't belive england haven't won an ashes cup for almost 2decades...thats crazy talk...just proves how much they suck...haha
Stop sooking babe. I'msure you watched cricket before Clarke came into the side. Like I said before, you should be supporting England ['s Barmy Army]

HotShot

-_-
HSC
The Reason For Standing Outside The Crease Is Not Really To Nullify The Swing, But Rather To Make A Short Ball Fuller And Thus Able To Play Better. Also It Enables You Not To Get Lbw And Defend Easier As You Are Able To Judge The Ball When You Are Closer To It. This Is Very Effective Against Quick Bowlers Because It Enable You To Act Fast And Play Shots Of The Back Foot Comfortably.

Playing Back Against Fast Bowlers Is Not Recommended As Yorkers Are Harder To Digg Out ,and Lbw Chances Are Higher And Playing Square Of The Wicket Is More Likely Rather Driving.

I As An Opener Bat Outside The Crease Against All Bowlers Except When The Keeper Is Up. I Feel I Am Able To Move Up Drive Easier As Well Do The Late Cut With Plenty Of Space. Generally I Score Runs Through The Covers And Down Third Man, Rarely Through Point And A Lot Through Sqare Leg And Fine Leg -- Off The Pads. Point Is Too Risky With Slips And Early In Th Einnings Is Not Recommmned .

HotShot

-_-
HSC
rama_v said:
Gillespie will be replaced by Macgill, kasper didnt bowl all that well at edgbaston and tait is inconsistent. Hayden will probbaly remain in the side though, but perhaps they should change the batting order and get gilly up the top with langer
THAT WONT HAPPEN, GILLY IS KEEPING ENOUGH PRESSURE! KATICH MIGHT SWAP WITH HAYDEN THOUGH?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You also don't seem to know the caps lock button too well

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rama_v said:
Yeah buy tyou have to remember that rain played a big part...I doubt the aussies could have held on if there were 5 full days of play, england would probably have batted until they had a 500 run lead and still had 1 and a half days to bowl australia out
You're giving England excuses, they could've sent Pieterson in earlier instead of Bell and hit their way to 400 or even better in less time, and had a day and a half left.

During that rain delay, Warne played a great knock, i doubt they would've gotten him out during that session the way he was playing.

otay

HSC
AsyLum said:
You're giving England excuses, they could've sent Pieterson in earlier instead of Bell and hit their way to 400 or even better in less time, and had a day and a half left.

During that rain delay, Warne played a great knock, i doubt they would've gotten him out during that session the way he was playing.
yep agree, they left there declaration too late. as for warney wat a legend he is. maybe a complete dickhead off the pitch but on it he is a champion.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
otay said:
as for warney wat a legend he is. maybe a complete dickhead off the pitch but on it he is a champion.
i 'gree. who cares wat warney does off the field. if rooting uni students helps him get 8 wickets a match and be our top run scorer, well i say the females of this country oblige. do your bit for the country, girls

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Bookie said:
Stop sooking babe. I'msure you watched cricket before Clarke came into the side. Like I said before, you should be supporting England ['s Barmy Army]
never...i'll never support any team but australia...they are the best n the world hehe...ye i alwayz watched the cricket b4 clarke...i only started likingclarke when india came here...i tink that was last year...but ye hi jus like clarke...n i was kiddin b4 when i said that i'd stop watchin...i couldnt...im planning on travelling with the aussie boiz durin the next world cup...with or without clarke hehe...but it'll be mcgraths last world cup so it shud be special hehe...maggie rulez...n theres alwayz martyn...my fav...he has the cutest son hehe :p:p:p

richz

tasha1188 said:
never...i'll never support any team but australia...they are the best n the world hehe...ye i alwayz watched the cricket b4 clarke...i only started likingclarke when india came here...i tink that was last year...but ye hi jus like clarke...n i was kiddin b4 when i said that i'd stop watchin...i couldnt...im planning on travelling with the aussie boiz durin the next world cup...with or without clarke hehe...but it'll be mcgraths last world cup so it shud be special hehe...maggie rulez...n theres alwayz martyn...my fav...he has the cutest son hehe :p:p:p
i dont think clarkey was in the team when india toured, he made his debut, on the india tour last year and india toured like 2 years ago....... :rolleyes:

why are people calling for katich's head, he has saved aust many times, remeber he saved S waugh's last test????? that was a magnificent century. I know he doesnt have a very good conversion rate from 50s to 100s ( around 7:2) but he is a steady player and is strong mentally, he has risen up to many ocasions eg. when he was dropped for symonds on the SL tour, he came back in the final test and made 80 odd. Do no underestimate katich, he is a quality player and strong mentally. He like most of our lefties are just struggling with the swingin ball, and the pommies just love to bowl to lefties.

And as for dizzy, tait needs to repalce him, kaspa is too old, we can already see the next ashes wil be a total pommy domination if we dont blood youngsters and give them experience

Last edited by a moderator:

this_girl

HSC
xrtzx said:
And as for dizzy, tait needs to repalce him, kaspa is too old, we can already see the next ashes wil be a total pommy domination if we dont blood youngsters and give them experience
I agree that Dizzy needs to be dropped and that we should give our youngsters a go, but with the Ashes still in the balance, I don't know if they'll risk putting Tait in there ahead of someone with experience. Kaspa is getting old, yes, but when he's been in the team, he's played well and done the job for us.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
xrtzx said:
i dont think clarkey was in the team when india toured, he made his debut, on the india tour last year and india toured like 2 years ago.......
Clarke was playing for Aus A when India toured. He made that blistering 200 in one day at hobart. - It was on tv and was when the selectors really took notice.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
nooooooo...clarke did play against india here last year coz i remember going to the finals on the 9th of febuary n i remember meeting clarke at the airport the day before the match and it was last year coz i remember missing my swimming carnival the week before jus to make signs for the match for my cousin and i so im right and your wrong...n i also remember clarke made like 40 or 50smtg and australia kicked indias butt in the final...so it was last year so there hehe....
am i the only girl who posts in this thread??

Last edited:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
of course we willl...australia are like the best in the world they never loose a series...and if they have poo them but l8ly they have won all their series' so yeh GO AUSSIE GO!!

rama_v

HSC
In that African XI vs Asian XI match it went down to the wire, African XI got 198 but the Asian XI only managed 196

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)