• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This shows two things:

a) we need those extra runs/wickets to just come from someone
b) england still don't know how to win

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Heads will turn in the Aust camp. Some 'incumbent' players really need to take a look at themselves and ask themselves do they still have the passion and determination to play in the game. I'm talking about Haydos especially, Gilly's batting is also all over the place atm. Hussey looks like a decent bet to open for with Langer.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, rumours are starting to fly about Hayden/Hussey replacing.

HSC
Yikes, I can't belive that Australia went so close to knocking off England! I know he doesn't get much praise but Kattich played a superb innings, despite it being amazingly slow.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes, he's slowly developing the scrapper role Clarke and he have to form as part of the middle order.

Horrible decision by the umpire, pitching OUTSIDE of the line

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Not only that it was like 1 metre off, shitty umpiring all match but doesnt hide the fact how shit the aussies perform without McGrath's economical bowling.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I don't think they really thought that McGrath and Gillespie would be on the sidelines, but this is forcing them to look at life after them two.

I wouldn't say its the death of australian supremacy, merely the push that selectors need to look at our backyard of talent.

Anyone else think Bevan might be unlucky, he sure showed ACB how 'old' and 'useless' he is, topping both forms of the game in batting.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
WE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK....OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH US...I H8 AUSTRALIA...WELL NOT REALLI BUT YEH...I H8 THE STUPID POMS...DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL...WE NEED MCGRATH BACK...HE IS THE AUSTRALIA TEAM...WITH HIM WE WIN...I BET THOSE STUPID POMS CURSED HIM SO THAT HE DOESN'T PLAY...DAMN THE STUPID POMS

soz for the caps lock but i am expressing my anger...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
wish i was up for the last session :eek:

what a great series!!!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
AsyLum said:
I don't think they really thought that McGrath and Gillespie would be on the sidelines, but this is forcing them to look at life after them two.

I wouldn't say its the death of australian supremacy, merely the push that selectors need to look at our backyard of talent.

Anyone else think Bevan might be unlucky, he sure showed ACB how 'old' and 'useless' he is, topping both forms of the game in batting.
Yeah eactly, and a couple of seasons ago when Blewett absolutely caned in Pura Cup with consistent 100s and a few 200s, and was not even considered.

Youth will need to come up, Jaques is looking good and so is the myriad of talent we have (pointing at me!!! yes!)

Well it comes down to the last test basically,
Australia win: we keep the Ashes however drawn series
England win: we lose humiliatingly 3-1 (not good at all)
Draw=shit, this cannot happen

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
my my. haydos needs much more batting practice i think.
Yeah that hundred in the tour match just didnt cut it...

otay

HSC
Bookie said:
They are good forecasters if they can see two weeks ahead
while they can't forecast it, september in england is notoriously wet. And i think they will prepare a flat pitch at the Oval in hope of an english draw. We definetly need to win toss and bat (well). I was so shattered yesterday, but full credit to shane and brett, they were awesome. Lee's flintoff delivery was so good, an incredibly fast off cutter like that would take down almost all batsmen. Ball of the century lol.

rewster

HSC
tasha1188 said:
WE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK....OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH US...I H8 AUSTRALIA...WELL NOT REALLI BUT YEH...I H8 THE STUPID POMS...DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL...WE NEED MCGRATH BACK...HE IS THE AUSTRALIA TEAM...WITH HIM WE WIN...I BET THOSE STUPID POMS CURSED HIM SO THAT HE DOESN'T PLAY...DAMN THE STUPID POMS

soz for the caps lock but i am expressing my anger...
Yeah, but not just Mcgrath, we need Lillie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)