The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
man this is gonna be an awesome Ashes tour. i doubt the aussies will get a clean sweep, if they do, i'll be extremely disappointed in the pom effort. but still i wanna see gilly smashing centuries and lee destroying wickets.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
OMFG!!! Is this the biggest ODI shock in cricket history???? Bangladesh beats World Champions Australia by 5 wickets. what the hell is happening with Buchanen and the boys.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
huge shock indeed! couldnt believe it ...they had a bit of luck...but the aussies should have had no problems with them.

but i still got a feeling that they will step up in the ashes.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
don't you just wish you bet on those kind of games

HSC
copious said:
OMFG!!! Is this the biggest ODI shock in cricket history???? Bangladesh beats World Champions Australia by 5 wickets. what the hell is happening with Buchanen and the boys.
you're KIDDING...

*checks baggygreen.com.....*

"Australia slump against Bangladesh

Australia's nightmare week continued as they slumped to an embarrasing five-wicket defeat against Bangladesh, in the NatWest Series at Cardiff. They could not defend 249 and there are now real concerns in the Australian camp ahead of tomorrow's match against England."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! wtf is going on? australia lost?? no way! to bangladesh! outrage!

HSC
Damn, I really regret turning it off when they were 3 down and scoring at a snails pace.

Just wait too all the English headlines come out - at least they can turn that around against England tonight.

Robbo_m8

How can we loose to Bangledesh. Ok we lost 20-20 thats not even cricket we wont worry bout that. Loosing to Somerset or whoever didnt really count cos we still scored 350, and all there runs came from Jaisaria and that other fella. But Loosing to Bangladesh!!!!!!! How on earth. What has gone wrong with the boys.

Dont worry though - Warnie will be back for the tests, then England will fall to pieces. Thats the only thing i gained from watching the 20-20 match. If England struggles against Clarke and Symonds two of the worst spin bowlers ever to take a wicket for australia - just wait for warnie to continue his domination over the old enemy.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Robbo_m8 said:
Clarke and Symonds two of the worst spin bowlers ever to take a wicket for australia.
Nah theyre actually quite good bowlers - but their main purpose isnt to bowl.
In a sense they arent spin bowlers - theyre part timers

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Bruce Mcanvaney isn't commentating is he? He is Eddie the expert.

I think the Aussie boys had some money on last nights match.

Anyone see Flintoff in the nets facing simulated balls from the Aussie bowlers from a ball machine?

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
copious said:
I bet you Warnie's mistress (that British nurse) had a part in last nights match, or Junior Waugh had been given a good price on the Bangladeshinians.

Trogie

HSC
Sweets said:
It's so odd to see cricket on channel 7. It freaks me out.
So true, just doesn't feel right without Richie, Tony Greig, Ian Healy, Mark Taylor etc.

Our batting isn't the problem it's our bowling, when was the last time australia scored 340+ and still lost? some discipline is needed, if anything they should try to bowl first against england tonight

otay

HSC
never been so embarrassed. FUCK. But hey, it's a new day. Things can turn around in five overs. u get hayden and gilly out there and if they get goig, suddenly we feel more confident and england begin to think "holy shit". I know a lot of pommies who think that 2days game won't even be a competition. So there mindset is not a good one. We just need to look at it as another match.
Cumon on Aussie Cumon, Cumon.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Bangladesh have now beaten both World Cup Finalists in the past three months. Good on 'em, they've got some very talented young players there, this will encourage the game over there so much.

Clarke and Hussey putting togethor a good partnership now though.

HSC
HeCtic said:
Bangladesh have now beaten both World Cup Finalists in the past three months. Good on 'em, they've got some very talented young players there, this will encourage the game over there so much.

Clarke and Hussey putting togethor a good partnership now though.
yep, let's hope we don't have a middle order collapse!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hasn't Harmison improved since the Ashes Down Under?

However, Martyn played a stupid, stupid shot.

Ricky Ponting's dismissal is one that you have to expect will come from him now and then. He always falls over like that at the start of his innings, and Harmison gave him the perfect ball.

At 0/57 after 11, I was thinking that Australia might be getting their tour back on track. Four balls and three wickets later, I was resigned to the fact that they haven't.

Hayden followed soon after to make it 4/63. Since then, thought, Clarke and Hussey have more than doubled our score.

Right now, the score is 4/136 (30.2 ov). Hussey is 38 from 44, and Clarke is 38 from 61. As long as these two can keep the partnership going until the 42 or 43 over mark, Australia could still get 270.

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hasn't Harmison improved since the Ashes Down Under?
i can still remember that 14-odd ball over that he bowled down here. shame shame.

DRAGONZ said:
Right now, the score is 4/136 (30.2 ov). Hussey is 38 from 44, and Clarke is 38 from 61. As long as these two can keep the partnership going until the 42 or 43 over mark, Australia could still get 270.
i agree, they just gotta stay solid. then explode at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)